Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our main problems the last two seasons has been creating from wide positions. All our natural wide players are rubbish (bar Januzaj)

If we don't get him(or another top winger) I think we will play some formation without wingers next year.

There is no way LVG will play 2 of Nani, Valencia or Young. They have been crap for 2 years now.

Juventus' past two CL campaign's suggest they aren't.

They were beaten by a Bayern Munich side who were the best in the world at the time and last season they were underwhelming but slightly fecked over by the snow in Turkey. I dont think they are a top top side right now but I think they are a dangerous side.

We will definitely win the CL before PSG or Juventus, both haven't even made it past the quarter finals for 10+ years. It will be funny watching them get knocked out early again. Barca, Madrid, Munich, Chelsea are all light years ahead of them, they got knocked out by the 3rd best team in England this season for crying out load.

We are probably prioritising midfield and defence right now, but Di Maria needs to choose wisely, Real Madrid to PSG is a laughable downgrade.

We will definitely win the CL before PSG or Juventus, both haven't even made it past the quarter finals for 10+ years. It will be funny watching them get knocked out early again. Barca, Madrid, Munich, Chelsea are all light years ahead of them, they got knocked out by the 3rd best team in England this season for crying out load.

We are probably prioritising midfield and defence right now, but Di Maria needs to choose wisely, Real Madrid to PSG is a laughable downgrade.

They only JUST got knocked out though and we were only 4 points from the top, its not exactly a chasm. They can easily make the Semis.

I doubt the player cares much. He has already won the CL last season and now going to a nice city with massive wages. He could be under influence by his agent as well

They were beaten by a Bayern Munich side who were the best in the world at the time and last season they were underwhelming but slightly fecked over by the snow in Turkey. I dont think they are a top top side right now but I think they are a dangerous side.
Fair point in the 12/13 campaign but their flaws were highlighted a lot that match. Also last season they didn't win their first match until the 5th game that alone wasn't worthy of a place in the last 16 they were very poor.

While they do have quality Conte's system was easy to defend against, probably why they'll be switching to a 4-3-3 with pacey wingers.

They only JUST got knocked out though and we were only 4 points from the top, its not exactly a chasm. They can easily make the Semis.
But they didn't make the semi's, so what's your point. I'd say Bayern, Barca, Real, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Dortmund and Athletico all would've beat them this season.

If Di Maria sees value in signing for PSG over anyone else then not much you can do. I'd be more gutted if we don't strengthen our cm and cb.

But they didn't make the semi's, so what's your point. I'd say Bayern, Barca, Real, Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Dortmund and Athletico all would've beat them this season.

True but wasnt the main argument about United being ahead of them in winning the CL?

We should go back in for Reus from Dortmund.
Yep, £60/£70million would do the trick, but for some reason this won't happen. He has a buyout clause about half that which gets activated next summer, so maybe Dortmund will wanna cash in? Barca most likely won't make another big money signing will they?

Plenty of Marquee players out there, Rues, Di Maria, Rodriquez.....Makes too much sense, which is why it won't happen.

Is there even a remote possibility that Reus may leave Dortmund this window?
Money talks, apparently he has a release clause which starts next summer set at £35million, maybe £60million could force their hand.

I think they're sick and tired of selling their best players but they obviously can't (Yet) pay the wages to keep them.

Anyone that ends up at PSG wouldnt give a feck where we finished $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Really? United were willing to give Rooney a huge wage increase since 2010

Heck Ashley young is on a good wage, so I do not think united mind giving out the wages. We go to balance the books and offload average players on huge money

Not overly arsed about Di Maria, would barf in my mouth at the thought of funding Madrids Hamez purchase.

We should be going for Hamez instead, fcuk Madrid!

We need them both equally. They're joint top priorities for me and both need fixing this Summer.

DM is needed more to be honest. In Januzaj we've got a brilliant winger with ample potential. Also I am sure that VG is able to make a decent winger out of one between Nani, Welbeck, Valencia, Zaha or Lingard

The DM role is so dire that its almost comical.

DM is needed more to be honest. In Januzaj we've got a brilliant winger with ample potential. Also I am sure that VG is able to make a decent winger out of one between Nani, Welbeck, Valencia, Zaha or Lingard

The DM role is so dire that its almost comical.

Adnan has zero pace. RVP isnt pacey. Mata the same. All last season we looked far better with fecking welbeck on the wing as our only player to get behind. Now you think we'll be ok. Adnan is not a brilliant winger at all. He'll end up inside.

We need them both equally. They're joint top priorities for me and both need fixing this Summer.

We need a CM and a CB way before a winger. For the 4 attacking positions we have RVP, Rooney, Mata, Januzaj, Kagawa, Welbeck, Hernandez, Nani and Zaha.
Yes a new attacking winger would be nice but it is far from essential.

Adnan has zero pace. RVP isnt pacey. Mata the same. All last season we looked far better with fecking welbeck on the wing as our only player to get behind. Now you think we'll be ok. Adnan is not a brilliant winger at all. He'll end up inside.

The days of the typical winger who hugs the line are over. I am not saying we dont need pace. However our main issue is the DM role. We cant rely on A 33 yr old, a defender, a player with a chronic illness and a long ball merchant to cover that position up

Status
Not open for further replies.