Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
€70m? That's crazy. €45m is more reasonable, if real wants anything more than that, PSG can have him. There should be better options out there.

Lol! That's what, £35m? He's definitely worth far more than that, not €70m though. €60m would be pushing it, but still acceptable imo.

So how do people think we will line-up with Di Maria here? He was far from as good from the wing so if we want to get the "best player of the season" we need to play him in the same role he plays for Madrid which is as a LCM? They also have Isco on the other side in the RCM role and we could use Mata there. Di Maria as a CM is a good way to allow a left winger who cuts inside which opens space for Di Maria to provide the width.

Rooney-------RVP------Januzaj
------Di Maria-----Mata
-------------Herrera

So how do people think we will line-up with Di Maria here? He was far from as good from the wing so if we want to get the "best player of the season" we need to play him in the same role he plays for Madrid which is as a LCM? They also have Isco on the other side in the RCM role and we could use Mata there. Di Maria as a CM is a good way to allow a left winger who cuts inside which opens space for Di Maria to provide the width.

------Di Maria-----Mata
-------------Herrera

Madrid wouldn't play with Di Maria and Isco very often. It would be Modric who is 100x more capable than Mata defensively.

------Di Maria-----Mata
-------------Herrera

I think more:

Di Maria RVP Mata

Herrera Vidal
Carrick

I think more:

Di Maria RVP Mata

Herrera Vidal
Carrick

Do we really want him as a winger though? He's not the player of the year for his abilities out wide, that is the position he got benched for and used as a rotational option if Bale and Ronaldo were injured. He recreated himself with Ancelotti for the CM role and performed at a higher level than he had ever done as a winger, so that ought to be the role we want to use him in as it is going to be the role we will pay for.

------Di Maria-----Mata
-------------Herrera

Looks good, but feck me. If Di Maria on the wing was "far from good" I don't even dare to think what your opinion on our wingers were the last few seasons.

Also in your formation Rooney would probably not be sulking either as he could play more as a second striker than a wide forward with Di Maria behind him that likes to come from the wing...oh my I'm getting way too much into all that.

Do we really want him as a winger though? He's not the player of the year for his abilities out wide, that is the position he got benched for and used as a rotational option if Bale and Ronaldo were injured. He recreated himself with Ancelotti for the CM role and performed at a higher level than he had ever done as a winger, so that ought to be the role we want to use him in as it is going to be the role we will pay for.

Drop him back for carrick and play a flat midfield 3 then with Adnan on the left....

Looks good, but feck me. If Di Maria on the wing was "far from good" I don't even dare to think what your opinion on our wingers were the last few seasons.

I think I thought what everybody thought, that they were largely useless.

Prefers PSG according to AS.

I don't believe that. They are seriously in danger of getting sanctioned because of FFP. No Europe for them neither then. I doubt they would be willing to pay that much more for him neither. He'd be dumb to prefer to play in that joke of a league.

And if we don't get Vidal? Who would be the third midfielder.

How the feck would I know I'm just like Guillem and the other guessers! Carvalho or Reus could play in a 3...arda duran could play right of a 3....there are no shortage of options. But if we are talking box to box replacements for vidal, Gundogan pre injury was up there albeit not half the player going backwards. Strootman perhaps....

How the feck would I know I'm just like Guillem and the other guessers! Carvalho or Reus could play in a 3...arda duran could play right of a 3....there are no shortage of options. But if we are talking box to box replacements for vidal, Gundogan pre injury was up there albeit not half the player going backwards. Strootman perhaps....

Was more a hint at we may not get another midfield signing, but you seem very set on that we will.

Was more a hint at we may not get another midfield signing, but you seem very set on that we will.

Mate I would guarantee another CM signing will come into the club. Herrera could be injured pre season and thats Van Gaal struggling to make top 4 again. The club will not risk it. I obviously cannot say we will get Vidal but I'd wager a CM of quality or prospects joining the club. Has Koke moved yet?

It annoys the hell out of me but they always find a way around it, just like Barcelona will.

TBF Barca are a huge club with a revenue larger than ours, so they should be able to pay big in the market & meet the FFP, but even a club like this had sell before they could buy (Sanchez).

PSG have been found to be breaking the rules yet still spend £50 million on Luiz, plus this talk of many more to come, unless they sell half their squad to get the money back then they surely have to be sanctioned far more harshly as everyone else seems to be trying to do things right, City, and Chelsea included.

Mate I would guarantee another CM signing will come into the club. Herrera could be injured pre season and thats Van Gaal struggling to make top 4 again. The club will not risk it. I obviously cannot say we will get Vidal but I'd wager a CM of quality or prospects joining the club. Has Koke moved yet.

Koke signed a new contract in June

TBF Barca are a huge club with a revenue larger than ours, so they should be able to pay big in the market & meet the FFP, but even a club like this had sell before they could buy (Sanchez).

PSG have been found to be breaking the rules yet still spend £50 million on Luiz, plus this talk of many more to come, unless they sell half their squad to get the money back then they surely have to be sanctioned far more harshly as everyone else seems to be trying to do things right, City, and Chelsea included.
I really hope they are sanctioned harshly or else it makes a mockery of FFP which was set up to stop this from happening.

If this doesn't come off then I think that will end our chase for a versatile forward this summer as he'd be the 4th name in the position crossed off LvG's purported list.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/manchester-united-real-madrid-near-113100230--sow.html

Manchester United and Real Madrid near Di Maria agreement

Manchester United is close to agreeing a deal with Real Madrid for Angel Di Maria.

The Argentina international is keen to work under Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford and an agreement in principle over personal terms has been reached between United and the player.

Madrid value Di Maria at 56 million euros, while United had initially hoped to secure the forward for a fee in the region of €37 million.

Talks are set to resume next week with both Madrid and United confident that an agreement can be reached over a suitable transfer fee.

The 26-year-old would be United’s third signing of the summer following the arrival of midfielder Ander Hererra and former Southampton fullback Luke Shaw.

Goal understands Van Gaal is also keen for United to continue its pursuit of Juventus midfielder Arturo Vidal as the Dutchman overhauls a squad which finished seventh in the Premier League last season.

Di Maria is currently recovering from a thigh injury and is battling to be fit for Argentina’s World Cup final against Germany on Sunday.

When questioned about his future at Madrid, Di Maria insisted last month that he wished to be kept in the dark by his agent.

"I've asked my agent not to tell me anything about the talks he's having," he told reporters. "I don't know what's going to happen with my career.

"I don't want to know anything about my future right now. I'm focusing on my national team and not on what's going on elsewhere."

Why would we play Carrick in that team? He will be Vidal's backup.

Rooney RVP Di Maria
Mata
Herrera Vidal​
Much better team.

Because against a midfield 4 we'd effectively only have herrera and Vidal and Mata does nothing when not in possession! Madness top heavy.

Sanchez off the market, Cuardado and di Maria...Nani doesn't seem to be in the picture at all..... which is the preference? I do not get to see any of these guys play and this is driving me nuts.

Because against a midfield 4 we'd effectively only have herrera and Vidal and Mata does nothing when not in possession! Madness top heavy.

Di Maria puts in a lot of work tracking back and Rooney does as well so with that line up both would help out the midfield.

Sanchez off the market, Cuardado and di Maria...Nani doesn't seem to be in the picture at all..... which is the preference? I do not get to see any of these guys play and this is driving me nuts.

Di Maria is the best possible option left for us on the market this summer I think.

Di Maria puts in a lot of work tracking back and Rooney does as well so with that line up both would help out the midfield.
Di Maria is the best possible option left for us on the market this summer I think.

I think cuadrado and di Maria are the best 2 winger options available at the moment.
I do agree with you, di Maria would be a game changer for us.

Would be a brilliant signing, and I always have a soft spot for left footed players. Especially if they're world class, and things just look better when they're done with a luscious left foot.

While I think Rooney is going to be vital for us next season with RVP aging and injuries, the thought of us possibly playing Adnan, RVP, Di Maria and Mata upfront in some matches with Van Gaal demanding fantastic football makes me very excited.

Noooooooo. Well I don't know if Chelsea has room for him, but I imagine Jose likes him and would love him. Doesn't Jose have the best connections with Mendes too?

Imagine Arsenal getting him, that would be sick. Especially if we don't sign a spectacular player and try and grind it out with just Herrera, Shaw and possibly a new CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.