Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want Di Maria here unless we play him in the same system he is used in for Real Madrid. He just never impressed me too much as a winger and he has stepped his game up massively this season since he was converted from a winger to a central midfielder. But if we use him as a central midfielder we'd be buying us troubles trying to fit in our players again.

I don't care what the club pay for him, whether it's £20million, £40million, £100million, It's not my money!

Beggars can't be choosers, especially after finishing 7th place. If he was the only world class player available to us and he cost £50million, I would happily take him whether he's worth it or not. It's not like we can't afford it or anything, besides it's very unlikely he will cost anywhere near £50million in the first place.

So far off any possible deal but if we were to pull this off, it was be truly amazing. A fantastic player and would give United so many options under the flexible nature of van Gaal.

If Woodward knew that he was guaranteed to get Vidal if he paid say 35-45 mil do you think he would consider going for Di Maria afterwards? Even with the fact that Di Maria would be in the same price range as Vidal if the rumors we're hearing are correct. You have to think that Vidal is the #1 priority at the moment and Di Maria is on the second burner based on what happens. Do we think that we have the money to buy both if it were possible?

If Woodward knew that he was guaranteed to get Vidal if he paid say 35-45 mil do you think he would consider going for Di Maria afterwards? Even with the fact that Di Maria would be in the same price range as Vidal if the rumors we're hearing are correct. You have to think that Vidal is the #1 priority at the moment and Di Maria is on the second burner based on what happens. Do we think that we have the money to buy both if it were possible?
We can't go and break another two transfer records. We will be very lucky to get one.

All calculated reports suggest we have around 70m to spend and Herrera and Shaw took a large chunk of that. No doubt we can spend over that but the club would really prefer not to.

He did turn Nani into a world beater, 2009/2011 Nani was brilliant, he was winning games on his own. It's his own fault he stagnated not Fergusons.

We that and that and the fact as soon as Valencia could walk Nani was dropped and Valencia walked right back into the team and has done nothing since.

Which "calculated" reports?
Financial reviews of the clubs latest figures. The people who dissect these budgets seem to think the club has about 70m give or take to spend on transfers this summer. I don't know how much outgoing sales would affect that.

Financial reviews of the clubs latest figures. The people who dissect these budgets seem to think the club has about 70m give or take to spend on transfers this summer. I don't know how much outgoing sales would affect that.

Do you have the links? I'm skeptical because I doubt we'd have spent 30 million on a young left back if that was the case.

Do you have the links? I'm skeptical because I doubt we'd have spent 30 million on a young left back if that was the case.
Listened to a few radio shows and podcasts that seem to suggest this. I remember a few articles on FinancialTimes a few weeks ago, was not so much football related but it came up when discussing the NYSE.

United can easily go out and spend 200m if they wanted to but it's still a business and they will be reluctant to overspend at the moment given the situation.

I think spending near 200m to ensure we bounce straight back into contention and therefore back to Europe for the foreseeable would be a small price to pay. Everyone has said we needed a rehaul.

Have to remember it's not just this window. We broke our transfer record in January too.

Not a HUGE fan of Di Maria over the last few seasons, he did have a good run of excellent performances near the end of last season admittedly, but mostly see him a bit inconsistent in general from what i've seen, paying 50mill (pounds? euros?) seems steep, just my opinion.

Not a HUGE fan of Di Maria over the last couple of seasons, he did have a good run of excellent performances near the end of last season admittedly, but mostly see him a bit inconsistent in general from what i've seen, paying 50mill (pounds? euros?) seems steep, just my opinion.

Agree with this. 50 million is an extreme price.

Especially when Reus will be available next season for a bargain 30 million... It's not like we need to completely overhaul the squad in just one summer. That said maybe Van Gaal sees him as part of a high octane midfield 3 like Ancelotti (bar Alonso) -

Herrera-------Vidal/ some other CM--------Di Maria

so dunno... :confused:

That would probably be net spend

Football club spends won't be based on traditional business type of financial reviews.

Anyway, the Adidas deal alone will change all the outlook of these financial reviews if the numbers are correct. We may be getting a decent downpayment as well.

Doubt we'd spend 200 million or so though but we can still spend a fair bit more no problem.

Agree with this. 50 million is an extreme price.

Especially when Reus will be available next season for a bargain 30 million... It's not like we need to completely overhaul the squad in just one summer. That said maybe Van Gaal sees him as part of a high octane midfield 3 like Ancelotti (bar Alonso) -
We failed to get Sanchez and we aren't exactly forerunners for Di Maria's signature. So what makes you think We'll be able to get Reus next summer? My point is, due to the situation the club finds itself in, it is better to go for players of the quality of Di Maria, rather than wait for a bargain.

That would probably be net spend
Given the clubs debt, I'm not sure if sales would go directly into the transfer kitty. I'm sure some portion of it does but if we sell a player for 20m, it doesn't mean we automatically have that 20m to spend.

It could very well be a net spend type thing though but really who can we sell for more than 10m?

Football club spends won't be based on traditional business type of financial reviews.

Anyway, the Adidas deal alone will change all the outlook of these financial reviews if the numbers are correct. We may be getting a decent downpayment as well.

Doubt we'd spend 200 million or so though but we can still spend a fair bit more no problem.
Agreed. The 70 million figure probably comes from the amount of money as cash in the accounts. Now that isn't necessarily what the club could realistically spend. It could be a lot more, it could be a lot less.

Sanchez Price for him would be justified.

50 million pounds is quite over the top. Doubt we'd pay that.

Given the clubs debt, I'm not sure if sales would go directly into the transfer kitty. I'm sure some portion of it does but if we sell a player for 20m, it doesn't mean we automatically have that 20m to spend.

It could very well be a net spend type thing though but really who can we sell for more than 10m?

The completely servicable and manageable debt level is not a concern anymore.

Agreed. The 70 million figure probably comes from the amount of money as cash in the accounts. Now that isn't necessarily what the club could realistically spend. It could be a lot more, it could be a lot less.
Can't be a lot less, we've already spent 58m! I think it's a load of bollocks. Club have made it very clear that we are willing to spend big.

Exactly, we won't get much for the players we might sell anyway, evidenced by the £1.5m for Evra. Maybe £80m gross spend if the article is true.

Giggs, Vidic, Rio and Evra off the wage bill, and Buttner already sold.

Anderson + Nani probably off. Players like Young and Fellaini will also probably be sold soon, or have their contract expire because they sure as hell wont be getting new ones. Then we have players like Hernandez and Kagawa who could also very well be sold by next year. Fletcher isn't looking great either but he'll probably see out his contract before moving on. I think we have a bit to go with in terms of free wages, which is more important than the transfer fee anyway.

Surely spending is distributed across the years of the contract and projected value of the player at the end of the contract.

A young player like Luke Shaw won't depreciate in value and may even appreciate slightly. Same with Herrera.

With the Chevy deal and the Adidas deal I'm sure money needs to be spent to guarantee the sponsors' investment.

Spending should be projected based upon age and quality, not just based upon some number for this summer only.

The completely servicable and manageable debt level is not a concern anymore.
While it not be an immediate concern, an extra 30m in the clubs hands won't go straight back out at the first time of asking.

Exactly, we won't get much for the players we might sell anyway, evidenced by the £1.5m for Evra. Maybe £80m gross spend if the article is true.

Surely you mean net spend, if not we only have another £20 million left for a LB, CB, MF, and winger, personally i'd see the net spend at around £100 million, and for us to sell a fair number of players, the ones of main value been , Nani £8-£10 million, Hernadez £15 - £18 million, and Fellani £12 million, plus maybe another £15 milliion for Buttner, Evra, Anderson, Bebe, and Young all in, which would give us another £90 million to spend, this should be enough IMO.

Next January, and 2015 summer window could be quiet though to make up for it.

Surely spending is distributed across the years of the contract and projected value of the player at the end of the contract.

A young player like Luke Shaw won't depreciate in value and may even appreciate slightly. Same with Herrera.

With the Chevy deal and the Adidas deal I'm sure money needs to be spent to guarantee the sponsors' investment.

Spending should be projected based upon age and quality, not just based upon some number for this summer only.

This bit is key to it all really, sponsors are bound to be getting twitchy they expect a big bang for their cash, last season was more of a whimper they won't stand for that for too long, Adidas if those figures quoted are true need us to be winning thing regularly.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/07/12/primera/1405124283_922365.html

This is the AS article that apparently says he has told Real he wants to go to PSG and they are offering 60 million euros along with us offering the same and not the 70 that Real want now, if i got the translation right.

It also says Real want to sell Di Maria to United instead as then they won't bid for James Rodriguez, but Di Maria wants PSG as of now.

Seems strange and bull, but make of that what you will..

Surely you mean net spend, if not we only have another £20 million left for a LB, CB, MF, and winger, personally i'd see the net spend at around £100 million, and for us to sell a fair number of players, the ones of main value been , Nani £8-£10 million, Hernadez £15 - £18 million, and Fellani £12 million, plus maybe another £15 milliion for Buttner, Evra, Anderson, Bebe, and Young all in, which would give us another £90 million to spend, this should be enough IMO.

Next January, and 2015 summer window could be quiet though to make up for it.

Would be more.Buttner already gone for 4.4 mil,Bebe will easily get us 3-5 mil,Young would only go for at least 6-8 mil.I don't think Anderson and Evra combined would only bring us 2-3 mil.20 mil+ is a fair amount for all of them.

Would be more.Buttner already gone for 4.4 mil,Bebe will easily get us 3-5 mil,Young would only go for at least 6-8 mil.I don't think Anderson and Evra combined would only bring us 2-3 mil.

Buttner went for rising to 5.6. Evra for 1.5.

Buttner went for rising to 5.6. Evra for 1.5.

Yeah I only quoted the upfront pay which will directly increase our transfer budget.In any case we won't buy 6 players and sell 10 first team players (Giggs and Ferdinand make it 12 players from last season's squad who would not be here this September if we did that).It's not the way of either this club or LVG.

Status
Not open for further replies.