Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I only quoted the upfront pay which will directly increase our transfer budget.In any case we won't buy 6 players and sell 10 first team players.It's not the way of either this club or LVG.

We don't really know what cash received upfront is. That could be structured on installments as well.

But anyway, Add ons etc.. are added to take the maximum for incomings when they are often quoted so i thought it would be fair to do the same for outgoings too.

Would be more.Buttner already gone for 4.4 mil,Bebe will easily get us 3-5 mil,Young would only go for at least 6-8 mil.I don't think Anderson and Evra combined would only bring us 2-3 mil.20 mil+ is a fair amount for all of them.

Just Ashley Young I don't agree with, it's his wage that kills it, if he wants to play, and will take pay cut at a club like Villa, West Ham etc then £8 million is fair, but would he do that.

Anderson is another that will be a bugger to shift, has to fair chance that Kagawa could go too, marketing value aside he is going to struggle to get games, must be worth £15-£20 million.

Just Ashley Young I don't agree with, it's his wage that kills it, if he wants to play, and will take pay cut at a club like Villa, West Ham etc then £8 million is fair, but would he do that.

Anderson is another that will be a bugger to shift, has to fair chance that Kagawa could go too, marketing value aside he is going to struggle to get games, must be worth £15-£20 million.

Don't see why Ashley Young cannot go for a similar fee to Downing last year.

I would love this to happen but I really don't think it will how can you compete with PSG, even if they don't need a player they are more than willing to spunk a lot of money on stars! How can you compete with that?

I would love this to happen but I really don't think it will how can you compete with PSG, even if they don't need a player they are more than willing to spunk a lot of money on stars! How can you compete with that?
Arent they under fair play sanctions? I thought with it they can only spend something like net £50m in this transfer window- which ironically they already spent

I don't understand why PSG are ignoring FFP, they surely have to comply or they will lose their CL place at some point under these new rules, if they play by the rules then we can easily compete.

Don't see why Ashley Young cannot go for a similar fee to Downing last year.

As far as I'm aware, Young is on £120/130k per week. We would likely have to pay money (a certain amount to the end of his contract) to get rid of hin. Anyone thinking we'll be able to get rid of Young for £5m or more needs to come back to reality. Definitely up there with one of SAF's stupidest decisions. Young was never worth that much money, a stretch to say he was worth half it.

As far as I'm aware, Young is on £120/130k per week. We would likely have to pay money (a certain amount to the end of his contract) to get rid of hin. Anyone thinking we'll be able to get rid of Young for £5m or more needs to come back to reality. Definitely up there with one of SAF's stupidest decisions. Young was never worth that much money, a stretch to say he was worth half it.

No he isn't. Till how long will people keep quoting Maximum figures touted by one or two articles. By that logic Shaw is on 200k too.

HE is under contract with us till 2016. He can take bit of a wage cut like Downing, Sinclair etc.. took to play regularly rest couple of million we can cover in bonuses.

If we want to shift him out he'll still be a good buy for many mid table clubs and they are splashing cash or more mediocre players these days. Plus he meets Homegrown qualifications as a starter which though minor factor is a consideration.

When utilized correctly Di Maria is arguably the most devastating midfielder in the world. As a shuttler in Ancelotti's side he simply cut teams apart all season.

What wage is Young on then?

Nobody except the management knows for certain but Have seen reports for him from anything 70k to 130k. Take your pick depending on what argument you are making. Some times there is far more unformity on this, but not for Young.

130k for him makes no sense anyway, given the rest of the reported wage structure and his fees. Similar to Shaw and 175k etc..

Nobody except the management knows for certain but Have seen reports for him from anything 70k to 130k. Take your pick depending on what argument you are making. Some times there is far more unformity on this, but not for Young.

I just googled "Ashley Young Wages" and I've not seen a single report which suggest Young is on anything less than £100K per week. Not one. I'd be very interested to see what report you read which said he's on £70K a week.

Sometimes there is (as you say) wide differences in what's reported but not with Young.

I just googled "Ashley Young Wages" and I've not seen a single report which suggest Young is on anything less than £100K per week. Not one. I'd be very interested to see what report you read which said he's on £70K a week.

Sometimes there is (as you say) wide differences in what's reported but not with Young.

Just googled and from the top article -

The former Aston Villa winger has more than 2½ years left on his estimated £75,000-a-week contract and may be made available in the January transfer window,

From this article in the telegraph which is generally better than Mirror or Goal, i guess -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Manchester-United-exit-after-latest-fall.html

Pretty sure there have been more too even from the same paper, it seems with different figures. Higher and lower but 120/130k right now sounds most sensational as to exaggerate.

Anyway, he might be on a heavy bonuses based contract which explains this. Who knows, but 80/90 and at a stretch 100 would fit into the structure more.

No he isn't. Till how long will people keep quoting Maximum figures touted by one or two articles. By that logic Shaw is on 200k too.

HE is under contract with us till 2016. He can take bit of a wage cut like Downing, Sinclair etc.. took to play regularly rest couple of million we can cover in bonuses.

If we want to shift him out he'll still be a good buy for many mid table clubs and they are splashing cash or more mediocre players these days. Plus he meets Homegrown qualifications as a starter which though minor factor is a consideration.

That's what he is on in Football Manager the last 3 years, hardly worth making up a false figure like that for Young. Your Shaw statement is just ridiculous and makes you seem petulant. He'd have to take a wage cut of at least 60% for any midtable club to be interested. The chances of that happening are very low imo. I really don't think he'd give a monkey's about playing time as long as he's getting paid that much.

Last edited:
Just googled and from the top article -

The former Aston Villa winger has more than 2½ years left on his estimated £75,000-a-week contract and may be made available in the January transfer window,

From this article in the telegraph which is generally better than Mirror or Goal, i guess -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Manchester-United-exit-after-latest-fall.html

Pretty sure there have been more too even from the same paper, it seems with different figures. Higher and lower but 120/130k right now sounds most sensational as to exaggerate.

Anyway, he might be on a heavy bonuses based contract which explains this. Who knows, but 80/90 and at a stretch 100 would fit into the structure more.

The fact that it says 'estimated' suggests they don't know. If one were to guess, they would assume that figure to be more accurate. That's the only time I've ever heard a figure like that quoted for Young's wage and though I trust the Telegraph, they at no point say that's what his wage is, it's simply an estimate, if it wasn't they wouldn't have mentioned the word.

I don't understand why PSG are ignoring FFP, they surely have to comply or they will lose their CL place at some point under these new rules, if they play by the rules then we can easily compete.
It annoys the hell out of me but they always find a way around it, just like Barcelona will.

Interesting people slating Nani and how inconsistant he has been and prasing how amazing Di Maria is with a couple of people stating he is better than Giggs......considering until last season Di Maria has been very inconsistant

He was his usual inconsistent self last season also, with brain farts that are impossible to explain. He was on form at the right time.

It annoys the hell out of me but they always find a way around it, just like Barcelona will.

No way. PSG aren't like Barca and Real, if this continues they will be disqualified from Europe for at least a season. I've no doubt about that, in fact, UEFA may be hoping they continue in this way so they can make a point by taking them out of Europe. They aren't one of the biggest and most renowned teams, yet they have perhaps been the most obvious violator of FFP.

That's what he's on in Football Manager the last 3 years, hardly worth making up a false figure like that for Young. Your Shaw statement is just ridiculous and makes you seem petulant. He'd have to take a wage cut of at least 60% for any midtable club to be interested. The chances of that happening are very low imo. I really don't think he'd give a monkey's about playing time if as long as he's getting paid that much.

Football manager ? Seriously ?

Assuming Young is also on similar, Downing was on reported 100 k or around at Liverpool too and same age for a lesser player and he was sold for 5/6 million + some bonuses along with him taking bit of a wage cut. Though rodgers claimed he was getting a wage increase at west ham strangely.

Most mid table PL clubs can afford to give 60k or so contract these days when they are getting proven PL quality on relatively cheap. It's hardly a issue of Torres' proportion shifting him out here. Hell, Cardiff, QPR have paid around that for a number of players amongst most others.

If we want to sell him can see a number of clubs interested.

Balague's basically using this story there:
http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/07/12/primera/1405124283_922365.html

It says United and PSG seem to be willing to go to €60m and that Madrid would prefer to sell to United, as they would like to be our friends and they would prefer us to lose interest in James Rodriguez which we might if we bought Di Maria.

However it's currently thought Di Maria would prefer PSG and that Madrid are waiting to see what they get bid after the WC final, but that they like the sound of €70m.

If PSG and us both come in for him then I'd expect him to chose PSG even if we matched their wage offer - they are basically guaranteed to win their league every season (only the Monaco sugar daddy can challenge that it seems); therefore they are guaranteed Champions League football every season due to lack of domestic competition for those league places; their squad is already pretty tremendous and their owner continues to throw his money at them every season without restriction; also PSG can focus on, and save themselves for, their Champions League games due to their domestic league dominance. I'm sure Paris is a great city if you have an eight-figure salary to play with.

Not saying he would definitely choose them over us of course, but we are much more of a challenge for the player than PSG are. He might be tempted to just pick the easy option that is PSG. But the other side of that coin is that winning the Premier League pisses all over winning Ligue 1, however would he expect us to challenge for the title in a league with Roman and Mansour when we no longer have Fergie?

Football manager ? Seriously ?

Assuming Young is also on similar, Downing was on reported 100 k or around at Liverpool too and same age for a lesser player and he was sold for 5/6 million + some bonuses along with him taking bit of a wage cut. Though rodgers claimed he was getting a wage increase at west ham strangely.

Most mid table PL clubs can afford to give 60k or so contract these days when they are getting proven PL quality on relatively cheap. It's hardly a issue of Torres' proportion shifting him out here. Hell, Cardiff, QPR have paid around that for a number of players amongst most others.

If we want to sell him can see a number of clubs interested.

Anything I found on Downing's Liverpool wages suggest his wages were £80k, that's a massive difference between him and Young. Also, Downing has basically said that those rumours of him getting more at West Ham are bull and that he had to take a significant pay cut to move. Most reports say he's on £50k at West Ham. However, most mid table clubs like Villa would not be prepared to pay that much for a pretty average player. Young is better than Downing, but I doubt Villa would be able to offer a high enough wage to get him, unless Young just loves the club and wants to go back because of sentimentality (a rarity nowadays). I hope we can sell him to Villa, but I'd be very surprised if we can sell him for that much and if Young would be willing to take such a big wage cut and to a relegation candidate at that.

Btw, who are you talking about with Cardiff? I don't remember any massive player that would be on very high wages. QPR are just QPR, if they want him, then yes, they could probably afford him, but I haven't heard anything on their interest.

So, he is refusing to go back to Spanish capital instead he wants to go to PSG.

€70m? That's crazy. €45m is more reasonable, if real wants anything more than that, PSG can have him. There should be better options out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.