Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding Di Maria to our attack would certainly be exciting, but he always came across as a bit of a cnut. With his diving antics and that prank video that David Luiz pulled on him. Would have preferred either Sanchez or Reus myself. Obviously, a huge upgrade over our current wingers.

Interesting people slating Nani and how inconsistant he has been and prasing how amazing Di Maria is with a couple of people stating he is better than Giggs......considering until last season Di Maria has been very inconsistant and often his decision making in the past has been Nani Brain fart-esque as he can be greedy. Dont get me wrong I think he was excellent last season....incidentally when he wasnt actually playing as a winger and he would be much better as a winger than what we currently have. There is no doubt he is a talent and Im not really interested in is he worth the fee talk, but people seem to be going mad for DiMaria, personally (whether he/we had any interest) I think Sanchez would have been a far better option out wide and for those compaying him favourably with Giggs, no Giggs never was a great crosser but everything else in his game including the often forgotten aspects such as tracking back, team work let alone pace and skill, I think your memories of Giggs must be stuck on him in his 30s and DiMaria the last 12 months, ridiculous

John cross of the mirror is saying he won't join us because we aren't in the CL.

Doesn't mean he can't have credible info about other clubs.
That's true but, how on earth does he know that di Maria will turn us down due to a lack of UCL football ahead of the reliable northern Journalists?

Although is the mirror, I still fully expect that no CL football is going to be a major factor in this transfer. It's between us and PSG

I don't think Champions League football is an issue if we can convince players of our project to get back to the top and I think with van Gaal here and our apparent willingness to spend when compared to previous transfer windows, we won't find it so difficult to convince a player to drop Champions League to play for us. I'm sure players would understand that this is only temporary unless the Glazers have other plans for us. Di Maria, Vidal or whoever if we want him and the club is willing to sell at a price we're willing to pay we can compete with anyone for a signature.

We sign a CM, a CB and a winger and feck top 4, we would be in the mix for the title next season. After last season our players are really being underrated and they shouldn't. We've got players like Mata, RVP, Rooney, Januzaj, De Gea and Rafael from the previous season whom I believe to be top players and now we've already added Shaw and Herrera to that core, another 2 great players. I don't really get this inferiority complex that's going around with people saying it's impossible to sign this player or the other just because there's some other club going after him.

Last edited:
Any reason PSG weren't interested in Sanchez, but are supposedly chasing our man, Angel?

John Cross and the Mirror :lol:

No sources. No credibility. No brains.

Honestly we do need a ban on the Mirror. Right down there with tribalfootball and Tancredi.

Any reason PSG weren't interested in Sanchez, but are supposedly chasing our man, Angel?
True, can't really answer that, only that maybe they weren't interested in Sanchez and saw Di Maria and better fitter to the way they play.

This no champions league stuff is absolutely crazy. When you look at the amount we are pouring into the club, our new manager and the existing world class players here, I cannot understand how a player could be so shortsighted so as to choose a club who happen to have CL this year (or in the case of PSG, every year) but have never really had a chance of winning it.

Though this does not really apply to Angel, if I were a pro footballer, would I rather go to a team with only one world class player in Ozil or to a club with CL football and no top drawer players (Liverpool) or to a team who has had CL football pretty much every year bar the last and has at least 3 world class (ish) players in Rooney, RVP and Mata and who has won the cup within the last few years?

I think he'll end up at PSG. Top player but won't be that bothered if we miss out on him.

I don't think Champions League football is an issue if we can convince players of our project to get back to the top and I think with van Gaal here and our apparent willingness to spend when compared to previous transfer windows, we won't find it so difficult to convince a player to drop Champions League to play for us. I'm sure players would understand that this is only temporary unless the Glazers have other plans for us. Di Maria, Vidal or whoever if we want him and the club is willing to sell at a price we're willing to pay we can compete with anyone for a signature.

We sign a CM, a CB and a winger and feck top 4, we would be in the mix for the title next season. After last season our players are really being underrated and they shouldn't. We've got players like Mata, RVP, Rooney, Januzaj, De Gea and Rafael from the previous season whom I believe to be top players and now we've already added Shaw and Herrera to that core, another 2 great players. I don't really get this inferiority complex that's going around with people saying it's impossible to sign this player or the other just because there's some other club going after him.

I've seen that word 'project' be used so many times against us, would be nice if we could use it in our favour for once.

Francois David is a genuine Journo and I trust him more than John Cross regards di Maria

Trust him all you want, but he's not the one claiming to be ITK! He's just sitting at home, listening to God knows who on a late night football show, and tweeting it! :lol:
Oh, I can never get over the desperation of the uber-muppets. One day they'll get girlfriends though I guess.

Adding Di Maria to our attack would certainly be exciting, but he always came across as a bit of a cnut. With his diving antics and that prank video that David Luiz pulled on him. Would have preferred either Sanchez or Reus myself. Obviously, a huge upgrade over our current wingers.
Sanchez is equally cnutish. Both of them dive, moan, wave the imaginary card and pressure the referee. Di Maria is the better player IMO.

Reus on the other hand is better than both and also doesn't do those antics.

Sanchez is equally cnutish. Both of them dive, moan, wave the imaginary card and pressure the referee. Di Maria is the better player IMO.

Isn't there supposed to be some buyout clause this summer for him?

Reus dives, or "go down easily", and he doesn't complain because he needs to fix his hair after every tackle.

But seriously he is not better than Sanchez or Di Maria, they are all at the same level, Di Maria is just a little bit more versatile.

What does John Cross know?

I'd be more worried if sources in Spain say it is off.

Reus dives, or "go down easily", and he doesn't complain because he needs to fix his hair after every tackle.

But seriously he is not better than Sanchez or Di Maria, they are all at the same level, Di Maria is just a little bit more versatile.
I think that Reus is the third best winger/winger-like player in the world (after Ronaldo and Robben). I rate him even higher than Bale. However, the difference between Bale, Di Maria, Sanchez and Reus it isn't that big so probably it is a matter of preferences.

Also, bonus points for his hair. Regardless if it raining, snowing and regardless of tackles, jumps etc, they are always perfect.

What does John Cross know?

I'd be more worried if sources in Spain say it is off.
He's clued up on Arsenal but utterly clueless on anyone else, and loves writing articles criticising any remote rival. One of the industry's least impartial journalists.

I think that Reus is the third best winger/winger-like player in the world (after Ronaldo and Robben). I rate him even higher than Bale. However, the difference between Bale, Di Maria, Sanchez and Reus it isn't that big so probably it is a matter of preferences.
Where does Ribery fit? Really looks like we dodged a bullet by missing out on Lucas Moura back a couple years ago. Still young enough to improve, but nowhere near the conversation for one of the top wingers.

LOL, who the feck are PSG anyway? Some small time club from Paris who people around the globe have probably never and will never hear of. We need to blow them out the water with a bigger bid and I'm sure we can match Di Maria's wage demands.

If by any chance he does decide to go to PSG then trust me, we don't need that type of player at our club. All that money spent and they still struggle to get past the quarter final's of the CL haha.

LOL, who the feck are PSG anyway?
The richest football club on the planet Earth.

Where does Ribery fit? Really looks like we dodged a bullet by missing out on Lucas Moura back a couple years ago. Still young enough to improve, but nowhere near the conversation for one of the top wingers.
I don't think that he (Ribery) was that great last season.

Moura is decent but nowhere near the quality of the other top wingers.

It's all pointing towards a battle between us and PSG for di Maria. The owner of PSG is apparently in Madrid for talks and we've shown our hand to Madrid. FFP doesn't seem to worry PSG.

The richest football club on the planet Earth.

I don't think that he (Ribery) was that great last season.

Moura is decent but nowhere near the quality of the other top wingers.

Our Value is higher and don't get me started on revenues, you do realise their wealth is irrelevant? Especially with FFP comming into play now.

It's all pointing towards a battle between us and PSG for di Maria. The owner of PSG is apparently in Madrid for talks and we've shown our hand to Madrid. FFP doesn't seem to worry PSG.
It will worry them when they get banned from Europe, let's see them attract players then.

Status
Not open for further replies.