Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been a advocate of Di Maria for a long while as he has all traits of a traditional United winger and we needed a left footed one but he has definitely gone from being underrated to overrated now.

id say if we did sign him, he would be used as a three man MF. He was unbelievable in the MF for madrid. I cant fathom why madrid want to sell him.

Is he really a world class winger? I'm not sure. He excelled in an advanced position in a midfield three in Madrid. But what have he done on the wing that makes us splash the cash? I think he's a bit wasteful there. Vidal is the man we should focus on.

How would we fit Mata, Kagawa, Welbeck, Januzaj, Rooney, Van Persie, Vidal, Herrera, Di Maria, Nani, Valencia, Carrick and Chicharito into a front 6? Fwiw, I don't think we'll get Vidal but Di Maria might be a possibility if Real choose Rodriguez as their new toy this season.

How would we fit Mata, Kagawa, Welbeck, Rooney, Van Persie, Vidal, Herrera, Di Maria, Nani, Valencia, Carrick and Chicharito into a front 6? Fwiw, I don't think we'll get Vidal but Di Maria might be a possibility if Real choose Rodriguez as their new toy this season.

Obviously some of those players would be moved on.

How would we fit Mata, Kagawa, Welbeck, Januzaj, Rooney, Van Persie, Vidal, Herrera, Di Maria, Nani, Valencia, Carrick and Chicharito into a front 6? That's without including squad players like Fletcher, Henriquez, Fellaini, Young, Cleverley who we're most likely keeping. Fwiw, I don't think we'll get Vidal but Di Maria might be a possibility if Real choose Rodriguez as their new toy this season.

Midfield three of Vidal, Herrera and Mata, Di Maria, Januzaj and RVP front three. Rooney, Welbeck and Kagawa would get plenty games, Valencia to help out at right-back or RW. Hernandez, Nani to be sold and Carrick is 33. Fletcher will also be a back-up, Henriquez will leave on loan again, we'll get rid off Fellaini and Young as well as Cleverley.

Midfield three of Vidal, Herrera and Mata, Di Maria, Januzaj and RVP front three. Rooney, Welbeck and Kagawa would get plenty games, Valencia to help out at right-back or RW. Hernandez, Nani to be sold and Carrick is 33. Fletcher will also be a back-up, Henriquez will leave on loan again, we'll get rid off Fellaini and Young as well as Cleverley.
That midfield looks terribly unbalanced.

No, it wouldn't be. Vidal and Herrera are box to box players, they would do their fair share of defending too and we'd have the ball most of the time anyway. Alternatively, play Carrick behind Vidal and Herrera and Mata/Di Maria wide.

Either way Rooney's place would be in trouble IMO.

@Anduin @Sir A1ex

I don't know about that, you wouldn't be able to get away with playing two box to box midfielders and Mata. You'd need a sitting midfielder and Herrera is just not that type of player which leaves Vidal as the deepest player in that midfield three, which would be a huge waste of his talents imo. Also, from what I've seen and heard, Herrera isn't the best defensively nor does he play that role, always playing with a water carrier behind him, so that would potentially leave a gaping hole should Vidal decide to go forward which he will.

If there was any midfield three to choose from, I'd prefer Di Maria in there rather than Mata as he's played arguably better there than he has out wide.

How would we fit Mata, Kagawa, Welbeck, Januzaj, Rooney, Van Persie, Vidal, Herrera, Di Maria, Nani, Valencia, Carrick and Chicharito into a front 6? Fwiw, I don't think we'll get Vidal but Di Maria might be a possibility if Real choose Rodriguez as their new toy this season.
You named 13 players, LvG would be a fecking genius if he knew how to fit all of them into starting line up. Obviously they don't start every matches and some might leave this summer.
We definitely need world class wide player, not urgent though. People seem to forget the like of Young Valencia kagawa Nani created feck all last season.

Really?

I struggle to think of a midfield three I'd prefer to see!

Think he's referring to the fact Vidal and Herrera are box to box players and that Mata won't track back. Telling Vidal to merely sit is a waste of his talents, there's no reason why him and Herrera can't share the defensive burden. I've seen more balanced midfields for sure but this one is still sexwee potential.

You named 13 players, LvG would be a fecking genius if he knew how to fit all of them into starting line up. Obviously they don't start every matches and some might leave this summer.
We definitely need world class wide player, not urgent though. People seem to forget the like of Young Valencia kagawa Nani created feck all last season.

It's the revolutionary play with no keeper formation, only subbing one on for penalties.

----------RVP---------
-----AM---------Mata
-DiMaria--Herrera---
----------DM--------

with one of our players as the AM (Rooney, Kagawa, Welbeck, Januzaj)
and a new signing as the DM looks pretty damn good.

----------RVP---------
-----AM---------Mata
-DiMaria--Herrera---
----------DM--------

with one of our players as the AM (Rooney, Kagawa, Welbeck, Januzaj)
and a new signing as the DM looks pretty damn good.

i would be thinking the same

---------RVP----------
Rooney--------Mata
Di Maria-------Herrera
--------DM-----------

------------- DDG -------------
Rafael - Hummels - Evans - Shaw
-------- Herrera - Vidal ---------
Januzaj ----- Mata ----- Di Maria
------------- RVP --------------

Jizzzzzzz

------------- DDG -------------
Rafael - Hummels - Evans - Shaw
-------- Herrera - Vidal ---------
Januzaj ----- Mata ----- Di Maria
------------- RVP --------------

Jizzzzzzz
This is the team I would like to see aswell :drool:

@Anduin @Sir A1ex

I don't know about that, you wouldn't be able to get away with playing two box to box midfielders and Mata. You'd need a sitting midfielder and Herrera is just not that type of player which leaves Vidal as the deepest player in that midfield three, which would be a huge waste of his talents imo. Also, from what I've seen and heard, Herrera isn't the best defensively nor does he play that role, always playing with a water carrier behind him, so that would potentially leave a gaping hole should Vidal decide to go forward which he will.

If there was any midfield three to choose from, I'd prefer Di Maria in there rather than Mata as he's played arguably better there than he has out wide.
Who says you wouldn't be able to? Who decreed that one of your midfield must sit in front of the back four at all times? With two box to box midfielders why can't they take turns at sitting back while the other goes further forward?

Well first of all scrap Hernandez and Nani of that list as both of them are likley to be sold.

----------------DDG---------------
--------Smalling------Evans-------
Valencia---------Vidal------------Shaw--
--------Herrera---------Di Maria---------
-----------------Mata-----------------
-------------RVP------Rooney----------

5-3-2 if we want to attack

-----------------DDG-------------------------
--------Smalling--------Evans--------------
Rafael-----------Carrick---------Shaw----
--------Herrera-----------Vidal-----------
------------------Mata-----------------
------------RVP---------Di Maria-------

5-3-2 if we want to play more defensively

4-3-3 is also possible

--------------DDG----------
-----Smalling------Evans-----
Valencia------------------Shaw
--------Herrera---Vidal-------
------------Rooney----------
--Mata-------------------Di Maria
--------------RVP-----------

(more attacking)

--------------DDG--------------
-----Smalling-------Evans------
Rafael--------------------Shaw
------------Carrick-------------
-------Herrera-----Vidal--------
Mata----------RVP---------Di Maria

(more defensive)

Kagawa as a backup to Mata, Januzaj as a back up to Di Maria, Welbeck as back up to either Rooney or RVP

Possibly the most attacking fantasy line-up ever created.

Well first of all scrap Hernandez and Nani of that list as both of them are likley to be sold.

5-3-2 if we want to attack

-----------------DDG-------------------------
--------Smalling--------Evans--------------
Rafael-----------Carrick---------Shaw----
--------Herrera-----------Vidal-----------
------------------Mata-----------------
------------RVP---------Di Maria-------

5-3-2 if we want to play more defensively

4-3-3 is also possible

--------------DDG----------
-----Smalling------Evans-----
Valencia------------------Shaw
--------Herrera---Vidal-------
------------Rooney----------
--Mata-------------------Di Maria
--------------RVP-----------

(more attacking)

--------------DDG--------------
-----Smalling-------Evans------
Rafael--------------------Shaw
------------Carrick-------------
-------Herrera-----Vidal--------
Mata----------RVP---------Di Maria

(more defensive)

Kagawa as a backup to Mata, Januzaj as a back up to Di Maria, Welbeck as back up to either Rooney or RVP

That versatility is aweaome, so many viable tactical options, opposition would find it almost impossible to predict what we would play.

ROM's comments on di maria boggles the mind. One of the users calling di maria a lightweight

Possibly the most attacking fantasy line-up ever created.

I would have that lineup over the team that lost to city 4 0, who can forget the days when Moyes picks a midfield 4 of carrick cleverly valencia and young, talk about giving has many assists has thier goals tally

DDG
Rafael Evans Hummels Shaw
Vidal Herrera
Mata
Nani Januzaj Di Maria
or

DDG
Rafael Evans Hummels Shaw
Vidal Herrera
Mata
Di Maria RVP Januzaj

I know both of this and Vidal won't happen but I just can't stop myself from refreshing both threads. :(

if Di Maria comes, I believe Januzaj role in the team will be severley reduced. I can not see Van Gaal opting to play Di Maria and Januzaj in the same starting eleven together because they offer the same thing. He might be reduced to the role he has with Belgium dependant on Di Maria fitness and Van Gaal preference towards our other experienced winger. Although...that role might be too fringe...maybe he will be utilized like Depay for netherland.

Status
Not open for further replies.