Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely different player to Sanchez in fairness.

Sanchez is a 20 goals 10 assists per season player. Di Maria is a 10 goals 20 assists per season player.

Who is 20 goals 20 assists per season?

Of all the tricky, hit and miss wingers in the World he is the most tricky and least hit and miss.

He works very hard each game and puts in a shift, but his overall performance is very hit and miss. His form last season also came playing as a defensive AM of sorts in that Park type role.

Just take the example of his last game vs Switzerland where he lost posession 26 times or something IIRC which is a record in 1 game since 1966 at the WC. He got the winner in Extra time but still..

His attacking output is lesser than Sanchez overall but his defensive workrate is more.

Id certainly prefere Di Maria over Sanchez. Despite what many think in here, Sanchez isnt really a winger in the old fashion sense. He is a wide forward. Would you for example call Walcott a winger these days?

Di Maria is tactically flexible, great engine and flair on top. I can see why LVG could prefer him.

Left footers everywhere.

With the new Chevrolet deal, the Adidas deal, the AOn training deal, the opening of Asian and US markets....I can see this summer being just the beginning of United spunking big bucks on the world's top players. I think Woody is a massive muppet, and we'll be rolling in cash. Likely the Glazer's will sell the club to someone mega rich within the next 4-5 years too.

Frankly I hope this is partly true. True in that we can buy the best players if we want to, but also that we really continue to prioritize quality scouting and youth development. Appoint LVG certainly indicates those things will remain important considerations of the club.

The next three transfer windows (including this one) will probably see us spend an unprecedented amount of cash, so we can get back to the top of the global game. No doubt our sponsors demand we bring some big names in too.

With the new Chevrolet deal, the Adidas deal, the AOn training deal, the opening of Asian and US markets....I can see this summer being just the beginning of United spunking big bucks on the world's top players. I think Woody is a massive muppet, and we'll be rolling in cash. Likely the Glazer's will sell the club to someone mega rich within the next 4-5 years too.

Frankly I hope this is partly true. True in that we can buy the best players if we want to, but also that we really continue to prioritize quality scouting and youth development. Appoint LVG certainly indicates those things will remain important considerations of the club.

The next three transfer windows (including this one) will probably see us spend an unprecedented amount of cash, so we can get back to the top of the global game. No doubt our sponsors demand we bring some big names in too.

Last season Real Madrid spent £46m net on players because they sold £100m worth. Ed Woodward might like some aspects of the Real Madrid model since the superstars have done brilliantly for their brand even though they have not really been dominant. Plus if you buy the right players they can be an investment due to their re-sale value potentially rising or at least being sold for how much they were bought for in a few seasons time.

This is the one signing I want above all else, he would give us that edge to make a real push for the title.

I'm pretty sure we could finance deals for both Vidal and Di Maria.

Di Maria is miles better than Sanchez.

Agreed, but he is likely to cost considerably more, which is a very valid point being made in the Sanchez thread. He is possibly more difficult to attain too. With Sanchez, I did wonder why more teams were not in for him.

I think Di Maria is a step up from Sanchez.

No way is he worth 60 million euros. He's simply not that good. You'd think that such a deal would also come with a 10mill euro a year deal for 5 years which would mean 110 mill euros tied up for Angel di maria? Madness IMO.

His form for madrid in the latter part of the seasons seems to be confusing people. He's still the same old same old di maria. Inconsistent, not enough of a goal threat, with great dribbling and a good cross. We'd literally be buying madrid a player of true superstar quality in rodriguez if we gave them that sort of dosh, why not try to get him for ourselves?

Di maria was amazing in the big games at the end of last season due mainly to ancelotti's tactical mastery. Playing him in the middle with the freedom to drift into the space that cristiano abandons while in search for goals is the sort of play we don't/wont have much off. That's what made him look world class, something he's never really looked before so why the investment?

No way is he worth 60 million euros. He's simply not that good. You'd think that such a deal would also come with a 10mill euro a year deal for 5 years which would mean 110 mill euros tied up for Angel di maria? Madness IMO.

His form for madrid in the latter part of the seasons seems to be confusing people. He's still the same old same old di maria. Inconsistent, not enough of a goal threat, with great dribbling and a good cross. We'd literally be buying madrid a player of true superstar quality in rodriguez if we gave them that sort of dosh, why not try to get him for ourselves?

Di maria was amazing in the big games at the end of last season due mainly to ancelotti's tactical mastery. Playing him in the middle with the freedom to drift into the space that cristiano abandons while in search for goals is the sort of play we don't/wont have much off. That's what made him look world class, something he's never really looked before so why the investment?

Firstly he's not even inconsistent, you obviously haven't watched every Real Madrid game this season (Neither have I) But every Madrid fan I've spoken too called him their 2nd best player after Ronaldo, all season!. Not much of a goal threat? :lol: Now you're trolling, His goal and assist return has been absolutely immense for Madrid as well as his chance creation. Lastly, he wouldn't even cost €60million, Plucked that figure straight from yo ass I see. He would most likely cost around €45million which is pretty much £35million, that's an absolute steal for a player of his quality.

As for James Rodriquez, if you paid attention, you would know that he gave an interview a week ago, stating his preference is clearly Spain and that he prefers La Liga compared to the Premier League. So what makes you so sure he would come here if we bid 60million for him?

No way is he worth 60 million euros. He's simply not that good. You'd think that such a deal would al (so come with a 10mill euro a year deal for 5 years which would mean 110 mill euros tied up for Angel di maria? Madness IMO.

James best position is no.10, we've 3 top quality ones already. I do however agree with you on Di Maria, well his price tag anyway. €45m (£35m) would be enough. He's not as inconsistent as you've stated though.

Who is 20 goals 20 assists per season?

Rooney and Mata probably come the closest of anyone in the Prem. Suarez had a fair whack of assists last season as well.

If we signed Rodriguez, he would only want to piss off to Madrid after 3 or 4 years anyway. Atleast Di Maria has aleady been there so less chance of him wanting to do one

The muppet killer returns with some more good news, following on from saying Vidal is also a target a few days ago.

Also mentions Hummels as a target in this article and says he's open to the move, but I'll put that in the Hummels thread.

Financing their acquisition is not the biggest problem but actually convincing them to choose us over the likes of City and PSG will be because I suspect that once we make significant inroads with these deals then the competition gor them will hot up.

Wanted us to sign him last summer, think he'd be absolute quality for us.

Financing their acquisition is not the biggest problem but actually convincing them to choose us over the likes of City and PSG will be because I suspect that once we make significant inroads with these deals then the competition gor them will hot up.
Everyone expected more big clubs involved with Sanchez too, but it just never seemed to get going. If he leaves for around £30m then di Maria should be perfectly affordable. As long as the no CL problem isn't a deal breaker for him.

Firstly he's not even inconsistent, you obviously haven't watched every Real Madrid game this season (Neither have I) But every Madrid fan I've spoken too called him their 2nd best player after Ronaldo, all season!. Not much of a goal threat? :lol: Now you're trolling, His goal and assist return has been absolutely immense for Madrid as well as his chance creation. Lastly, he wouldn't even cost €60million, Plucked that figure straight from yo ass I see. He would most likely cost around €45million which is pretty much £35million, that's an absolute steal for a player of his quality.

As for James Rodriquez, if you paid attention, you would know that he gave an interview a week ago, stating his preference is clearly Spain and that he prefers La Liga compared to the Premier League. So what makes you so sure he would come here if we bid 60million for him?
Well, they'd think that because he was very impressive In the games that mattered the most for them at the end of this past season. However he is inconsistent, there's no argument to be had there. If he played at those levels week in week out then perez would be lynched for trying to sell him.

By not much of a goal threat I'm talking him scoring goals. 60 million euros for an attacker should get you more goals than 5-10 for a season. Nothing to do with his number of assists. His shooting technique is all over the place, and his finishing is average at best. Movement in the final is also poor.

Rumours are that his price is gonna be 47mill quid+. It makes sense as madrid last summer sold a wantaway player for 42 mill quid. Why do you think they'd sell the CL final motm for 35 million? That is about his true worth but they know that there are lots of interested parties to drive the price up.

He plays for monaco in ligue 1. He might prefer spain but I'm sure he'd more than consider a transfer to one of the biggest clubs in the world if the offer was there.

Rodriguez is even more inconsistent than Di Maria and he has been average with Porto and Monaco when used in the wide areas.

Di Maria is easily better, but not sure if he is better as a winger. His last season when Di Maria was one of the best players in the world was him playing a hybrid role between a midfielder and a No.10. As a winger he looked good, but nothing particularly great.

Di Maria is easily better, but not sure if he is better as a winger. His last season when Di Maria was one of the best players in the world was him playing a hybrid role between a midfielder and a No.10. As a winger he looked good, but nothing particularly great.

His delivery from wide areas is second to none. Watch RM vs Utd UCL last season.

Rooney, almost.
Nope. He has never managed to make 20 assists per season, let alone 20 assists and 20 goals. He has managed to make more than 15 assists, only once in his career (last season when he had 17) and has managed to make more than 10 assists only 4 seasons out of his ten. On goals, he stands better but still falls a bit short, making 20 or more goals only 4 times out of his ten seasons.

So - in general - he isn't even close to 20 goals and 20 assists per season.

His delivery from wide areas is second to none. Watch RM vs Utd UCL last season.
Probably yes, but his all round game has been far from impressing there. On many big matches, Mourinho benched him and played Ozil there (and put an extra midfielder) regardless that Ozil ain't that great in the wing.

Nope. He has never managed to make 20 assists per season, let alone 20 assists and 20 goals. He has managed to make more than 15 assists, only once in his career (last season when he had 17) and has managed to make more than 10 assists only 4 seasons out of his ten. On goals, he stands better but still falls a bit short, making 20 or more goals only 4 times out of his ten seasons.

So - in general - he isn't even close to 20 goals and 20 assists per season.

That's why i said "almost", and Reus who is the other one mentioned, didn't either despite playing in his favorite position.

That's why i said "almost", and Reus who is the other one mentioned, didn't either despite playing in his favorite position.
Still, it isn't almost mate. On three seasons prior to this, he didn't manage even 10 assists (and only once reached 20+ goals). It is far off.

I didn't mention Reus.

Yes, he has. Only last season he had 22 assists.

Yes, he is. 19 goals, 22 assists in 2013/2014.
From what I looked, he had 17 assists (not 22). 10 of them are on EPL, 5 on UCL and 2 on CC.

Still, even if he has that, he isn't a 20 goals and 20 assists player more than Huntelaar isn't a 48 goals season player. Doing it once on 10 years cannot be considered as the norm.

Still, it isn't almost mate. On three seasons prior to this, he didn't manage even 10 assists (and only once reached 20+ goals). It is far off.

I didn't mention Reus.

No one has a 20/20 record regularly, even a 15/15 record is exceptionnal, when i said Rooney, at no point i was implying that he was capable of doing that every season but he is capable of that record in one.

Some friends are telling me he's off to PSG, his agent is supposedly negotiating in Paris. Can't find the news on twitter though. @Adnan ?

From what I looked, he had 17 assists (not 22). 10 of them are on EPL, 5 on UCL and 2 on CC.

Still, even if he has that, he isn't a 20 goals and 20 assists player more than Huntelaar isn't a 48 goals season player. Doing it once on 10 years cannot be considered as the norm.
Transfermarkt is the place to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.