Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably why we need another defender mate more so than midfielder.
Even if Benatia was in that line up, it is still shit defensively. A world class defender can't help much it the midfield is so open. He aint a miracle worker. You need cover in front of the defense so the back line protected.

Well, seeing as we are all getting caught up in the muppetry:

1080538_Manchester_United.jpg

:drool:

I think LVG played a 41212 at Bayern for a bit. It would mean we could play with Di Maria at CM(-ish) where he was great for RM last season and also have Mata, Rooney and RVP in the team.

This was first broke by Guillem Balague, he gets too much grief here - will there be an apology if he gets it right? Just asking.
After we get an apology from him for lying about United making a downpayment on Falcao?

Remember Gascoigne was nailed on to sign. I'd prefer it if he was in Manchester for talks now. This waiting till next week lark is gonna be a mixed bag of emotions.

Will we be changing to a 4-3-3 which Van Gaal also likes if we get Di Maria? Can't see where he'd play otherwise unless Herrera becomes the screener for defence/Fletcher's current role and Di Maria plays in midfield

Hope we change back to a 4 man defence because I just don't see a 3-5-2 working well for us long term. We have been weak defensively and Swansea exposed this glaringly. We aren't going to win the league with a shoddy defence so I do hope we move back to a more familiar 4-3-3 which is also LVG's preferred formation anyways.

Why would it take 6 days to sign Di Maria? How is that a breakthrough? Anything can happen in 6 days.

Now we just need Khedeira and Benieta and we're sorted...until they all get injured.

Hope we change back to a 4 man defence because I just don't see a 3-5-2 working well for us long term. We have been weak defensively and Swansea exposed this glaringly. We aren't going to win the league with a shoddy defence so I do hope we move back to a more familiar 4-3-3 which is also LVG's preferred formation anyways.

The problem is that I think that Rojo was signed with the 352 in mind.

Don't suppose there's anything on selling Ashley Young to finance the deal or anything?

No?

Ah well, not everything's perfect.

Dont think signing him will mean the end of 3-5-2 personally.
He can play up front as robben did for holland.

It does give us the option of playing 4-3-3 with actual
wingers though which would be nice.
Wouldn't have been particularly confident of it getting us anywhere
if valencia or young were the options.
Options are good but i quite like the looks of the 3-5-2.

:lol:

So before Di Maria it's "Utd being Utd, never sign top class players"

After Di Maria it's "Utd being Utd, never sign ... err ... more than one top class player"

To be fair this isn't done and to be fair again, we've a lot more to go to prove the naysayers wrong, me included.

:lol:

So before Di Maria it's "Utd being Utd, never sign top class players"

After Di Maria it's "Utd being Utd, never sign ... err ... more than one top class player"

Baby steps and all that.

Nothing on our official site. Nothing on BBC either. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. This could be hijacked yet.

This is actually happening? :drool:

As Gary said, he'll fit us like a glove. World class player to boot.

I wouldn't be surprised if Woody learned about this breakthrough via Balague tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.