Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what about Welbeck!???

I'm being an arse but you can't have everything...Di Maria IN, Welbeck and Hernandez OUT

Everyone is happy again :D

Hernandez out, keep Welbeck. You still need a squad. We especially need a squad, given how much we seem to like getting our players to beat each other with sticks in training, or whatever it is they're doing to pick up so many injuries.

If we get Di Maria it should be this.

Rooney or RVP
Januzaj Mata Di Maria
Fletcher Herrera
Shaw Rojo Jones Rafael
De Gea

Playing Rooney or Mata out wide would weaken us more than leaving one of them out.

That front 4 + the fullbacks. :drool:

Looks good until you see Fletcher.

Di Maria is going to play Robben role in 3-5-2. There's no other explanation to this.

Rooney in midfield? Mata, RvP, Rooney rotating constantly?

Robben has 15 to 20 goals in a season in that role in him to begin with. With Di Maria there side will lack goals. He is more of a creator who likes to go wide.

And Januzaj and 1 of the 4 big guys will be sulking soon.

Van Gaal himself has said that his philosophy transcends formations. In fact as far as I know, he switched to this 3 at the back just a few weeks before the World Cup started and they destroyed Spain 5-1 in their first competitive game. So it's not as if, everything that's been coached goes out of the window now.

I can see us signing maybe Blind or someone of equal measure, but not someone like Benatia or Vidal on top of di Maria. Our outlay this summer is huge as it is.

This was first broke by Guillem Balague, he gets too much grief here - will there be an apology if he gets it right? Just asking.

Feck this three signing business. I'd be delighted at Di Maria alone.

This was first broke by Guillem Balague, he gets too much grief here - will there be an apology if he gets it right? Just asking.

He talks a lot of shit too. His attitude, like much of the press is, throw enough shit and something will stick.

Real are bonkers selling him, even for that fee.

But I don't care, he's amazing. Their loss will be our massive, massive gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.