Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
RVP

Rooney-----Mata------Di Maria​

RVP

Di Maria----Rooney-----Mata​
If we get Di Maria it should be this.

Rooney or RVP
Januzaj Mata Di Maria
Fletcher Herrera
Shaw Rojo Jones Rafael
De Gea

Playing Rooney or Mata out wide would weaken us more than leaving one of them out.

That front 4 + the fullbacks. :drool:

So assuming we sign him will people be content by that? As in over for the summer?
If it was our only deal by the end of the window I'd be okay with it, but not incredibly happy. We still really need a midfielder and MAYBE a CB if Ed sorts it out.

Get a midfielder along with Di Maria and I will be ecstatic.

So assuming we sign him will people be content by that?
We'll have paid too much, bought him too late. A proper club like City would have bought him for half the price a month earlier, etc.

Only winning matches makes people content.

It's past the point of no return now. If this doesn't happen I will be a broken man. Di Maria is one of few players I will go full muppet for.

Balague's really gone all in on this one, I mean I guess everyone thinks he's a tit already surely, but he'll lose all credibility if it doesn't go through.

Balague's really gone all in on this one, I mean I guess everyone thinks he's a tit already surely, but he'll lose all credibility if it doesn't go through.

Exactly.

If this deal doesn't happen, I'll be surprised.

When we confirmed the signing of Mata, we lost to Sunderland.

History repeating itself??..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

If it was our only deal by the end of the window I'd be okay with it, but not incredibly happy. We still really need a midfielder and MAYBE a CB if Ed sorts it out.

Get a midfielder along with Di Maria and I will be ecstatic.

Vidal was the one i wanted most and i'd been content with him and that being that for the summer tbh.

Now i think that's over as i don't see us spending 200 million + wage additions in a summer.

At best we'd get a 2nd or 3rd tier midfielder.

Di Maria made more assists (17) than any other player in La Liga last season and had the best key pass ratio according to who scored.

:lol: Of course it won't. He comes out with this shit all the time. People forget instantly when it doesn't happen - that's why pretty much every football journalist does it with impunity these days.
While I agree that there's a lot of impunity for transfer stories as a whole nowadays, this seems slightly different in that it's very very affirmative, and not just speculation.

So assuming we sign him will people be content by that? As in over for the summer?
Simply no. We need another midfielder even more so if we can sell Fellaini. At the moment we only have Fletcher and Cleverley as true midfielders. None of the two is good enough.

But di Maria coming is still :drool:. He is trully WC player and having Rooney, Van Persie, Welbeck, Januzaj, Di Maria, Mata and Kagawa for the 3-4 spots upfront. It is just incredible.

On the second thought we can sell Kagawa now or try him to play in midfield.

After Vidal I stay on the pessimistic side, but man that would be a great signing ;)

Di Maria made more assists (17) than any other player in La Liga last season and had the best key pass ratio according to who scored.

Not to say it isn't impressive but I'm not a fan of those stats that much, and it is a hell of a lot easier to create assists when you have Ronaldo banging them in for you from even silly distances which most others probably wouldn't even try. But he's still a class player we could desperately use

Status
Not open for further replies.