Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to start up my muppet engine, which has gone dormant since the arrival of Van Persie.

Oh the possibilities are endless.

RVP

Rooney-----Mata------Di Maria​

RVP

Di Maria----Rooney-----Mata

How about this...

Januzaj------------ RVP/ROONEY------ DEMARIA
---------------------MATA-----------------------

Fecking hell what a signing this would be, a real top class winger at OT again :drool:

Vidal and Blind would finish this summer off nicely (after Di Maria of course) but it feels a tad optimistic.
Whats with the Blind addiction here? We can use Rojo at left back if need be. We should sign a proper central midfielder. Not a makeshift one.

When we confirmed the signing of Mata, we lost to Sunderland.

History repeating itself??..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Considering the almost inevitable reality that we start Tom Cleverley and Darren Fletcher in midfield tomorrow, and considering that they're our only experienced "true" midfielders left that aren't crocked...

Hopefully this means we ditch the silly 3-5-2 and actually go back to a 4-3-3/4-4-2/4-2-3-1.

Might be the most important signing because we surely cant shunt him into central midfield. We need to put him on the wing where he is the best.

If we get Di Maria it should be this.

Rooney or RVP
Januzaj Mata Di Maria
Fletcher Herrera
Shaw Rojo Jones Rafael
De Gea

Playing Rooney or Mata out wide would weaken us more than leaving one of them out.

That front 4 + the fullbacks. :drool:

This, THis.. THIS!!

EDIT: Vidal for FLetcher :drool:

60 million Euros would be about 47 million pounds. In today's market I think that is a pretty good price for someone of that caliber.

We are going 4-4-2 diamond or 4-3-3 if we sign us.

Signing him for a 3-5-2 makes little sense to me.

About as much sense as LvG putting all this time in, since his arrival, to teach 3-5-2, only to chuck it out the window because of a single signing we made less than a week before the end of the transfer window?

I'm doing muppet formations. Sue me.

Option 1:

DDG
Rafa - Evans - Rojo - Shaw
Herrera - Carrick
Januzaj - Mata - Di Maria
RVP
(With Rooney a possibility in any of the front four positions, which given our injury record pretty much guarantees him as much playing time as any of the 'starters'.)
Option 2:

DDG
Rafa - Evans - Rojo - Shaw
Carrick
Herrera--- - ---Di Maria
Mata - Rooney
RVP
(With Januzaj able to come in for either Mata or Rooney, or Di Maria at a pinch.)

Whats with the Blind addiction here? We can use Rojo at left back if need be. We should sign a proper central midfielder. Not a makeshift one.
Who do you suggest? Benatia is going to Bayern by all accounts. I think Blind would be a good signing because he could be useful in three positions, wont be ridiculously overpriced and knows how LvG likes to play.

But what about Welbeck!???

I'm being an arse but you can't have everything...Di Maria IN, Welbeck and Hernandez OUT

Everyone is happy again :D

About as much sense as LvG putting all this time in, since his arrival, to teach 3-5-2, only to chuck it out the window because of a single signing we made less than a week before the end of the transfer window?

He himself said that he would go back to 433 if we got a top quality winger, and he used Di Maria as an example. He also reverted to 433 in our very last game. So yeah, it makes a fair amount of sense.

Di Maria is going to play Robben role in 3-5-2. There's no other explanation to this.

Rooney in midfield? Mata, RvP, Rooney rotating constantly?

Blind isn't a make shift one, centre mid is his main & best position. He's still a bit average, mind.

Looks that way to me as well. The finger is not "stroppy" either, I have given the finger to team mates during football training several times, it's has never been because I'm angry with a anyone. If it was, then it certainly would be forgotten by everyone as soon as the training was over.
I was referring to this when saying Ronaldo was being stroppy:

If we get Di Maria it should be this.

Rooney or RVP
Januzaj Mata Di Maria
Fletcher Herrera
Shaw Rojo Jones Rafael
De Gea

Playing Rooney or Mata out wide would weaken us more than leaving one of them out.

That front 4 + the fullbacks. :drool:

I agree. If we brought in another CM and a CB (Benatia) then that's a title winning team. Vidal would be the dream signing but I think we'll bring in a cheap option at CM (De Jong maybe) and go for Strootman in January. Di Maria and Januzaj on the wing with RVP in the middle would be deadly.

The good news is that all the 'it will happen next week' bollocks we keep reading and hoping for really will happen next week as its the last week left to do some business. Personally feel the money would have been better spent on Vidal but he's a quality player...

I think the midfield will once again be ignored totally...it should have been done and dusted over 3 seasons ago
Probably unfair to say "ignored totally" as we did sign Herrera. However we are one signing away from restoring proper balance to the midfield again. I don't think LvG is blind to that. He wants the right type of player and it's just unfortunate that the two he liked have slightly dodgy knees atm. It'll be interesting to see what happens wrt CM this summer if we don't close on Vidal.

I thought he was a left back/left wing back primarily?

Initially he was but nah, last time he played there consistently for Ajax he was booed off. Played in the middle since and has all last season when he was their POTY.

Di Maria and Januzaj would offer tons of technique and much needed unpredictability on the wings.

Van Gaal slowly preparing us to play his main 4-3-3 system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.