Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or less space for Young and Valencia, or Cleverley in a midfield 3.

Plenty of positives.

This. I would gladly take Di Maria because it would make more sense to cut minutes on Young and Valencia while Januzaj would still keep his left flank.

He's a kid I'd say give him a chance, Sterling at Liverpool is the exact same.
Really? Sterling is the same age but he has far more end product IMO. I'm not saying Januzaj can't improve but he's not a reason to not buy Di Maria, who was arguably RM's best player last season.

Di Maria means less space for Januzaj, won't be signed.

Funny you should say that because I actually think the opposite. If we sign ADM we'll shift to 4-3-3 and Januzaj will get more chances. In the 3-5-2 he doesn't really fit.

This is getting boring. We need some more Instagram news to spice up the thread.

Or it means switching to 4-3-3 and as a result more game time for Januzaj.
But again, what do we do with 4 strikers and 2 number10s, I don't know.

I think mata or kagwa could fit in better in a 433/4231 than having 4 strikers

Carrick Herrera
Di Maria mata janazaj
Rooney

There is your 433 or 4231, I think the strikers are a problem more than our number 10's

Fixed, apparently.
:lol:

Sorry, I probably put it a bit too bluntly. What I am trying to say is that Januzaj's end product is not yet there and he shouldn't be cited as a reason not to buy a world class player like Di Maria!

Really? Sterling is the same age but he has far more end product IMO. I'm not saying Januzaj can't improve but he's not a reason to not buy Di Maria, who was arguably RM's best player last season.

Put Sterling in the United team that was playing last season and then see the results. Januzaj shone quite often through our worst season in two decades.

Put Sterling in the United team that was playing last season and then see the results. Januzaj shone quite often through our worst season in two decades.

Plus Sterling broke through into the Liverpool squad a year earlier. Look at the stats for both Sterling and Januzaj's first seasons and they're very similar.

Sterling 12/13

7uOlZNS.png

Januzaj 13/14

m44IQXC.png

Or it means switching to 4-3-3 and as a result more game time for Januzaj.
But again, what do we do with 4 strikers and 2 number10s, I don't know.
Did LVG say he would like to play 4-3-3 but couldn't at the minute? Maybe it is why he want Di Maria.

Heck, remove the U21 stuff and Januzaj's output was better.

Exactly, and I would even say that Liverpool team of 2 seasons ago was better than ours of last season. Sterling flourishes in that system because it works for him beautifully. Januzaj was sometimes making something out of nothing, and in a better system his output would likely match Sterling's. Let's just see how he does in his second season like we did with Raheem and then compare their output.

There's room for both Di Maria and Januzaj.

You don't pass up the opportunity to bring in someone like Di Maria and van Gaal will know this hence him mentioning the player by name the other week.

I'm confident we are in for him just unsure if it will come off.

We have a number of players in that young and good bracket but very few in the experienced and world class one. We need to bring in someone like Di Maria and preferably another to start balancing the squad now Giggs, Vidic, Evra and Ferdinand have all left.

If we don't expect another season in the wilderness.

Close to an agreement. I just love the idea that half way through a negotiation meeting the agent says 'hold on a sec, we're getting closer to agreeing here, let me just call Marca'.

This fella also says they've been spot on about everything this summer, as well as exact prices.

A front four of RVP, Rooney, Mata and Di Maria is just :drool: with Januzaj filling in if someone is injured.

Close to an agreement. I just love the idea that half way through a negotiation meeting the agent says 'hold on a sec, we're getting closer to agreeing here, let me just call Marca'.

They were probably close to signing a contract, but they gave Woodward a blue pen to sign it with.

Woody only works in black.

A front four of RVP, Rooney, Mata and Di Maria is just :drool: with Januzaj filling in if someone is injured.

It should be :drool: but watching United for the last 18 months i bet they wouldn't be able to complete 5 successful passes to each other in 90 mins. I'm not being serious.

Are Marca reliable? I remember them photoshopping the stadium picture after the Real friendly... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.