Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Mata. Sat on the bench at Chelsea and now United's? I think he's one of the first few names on the teamsheet for LVG

Mata wont stay on the bench. We'd end up in a 4-3-3 or Diamond formation. Mata will play just behind the strikers. Rooney and RvP would be upfront. I cannot see LvG dropping Mata unless he is completely useless...which i doubt very much.

Sound to me (from Neville's interview with LvG) that he has decided to play 3-5-2 for a long time, and it makes no sense to get rid of Nani otherwise. So LvG has a nice "problem" to fit in all of Rooney, RvP, Mata and Di Maria in that system, I can't imagine any of them would be benched (if fit of course)

Sound to me (from Neville's interview with LvG) that he has decided to play 3-5-2 for a long time, and it makes no sense to get rid of Nani otherwise. So LvG has a nice "problem" to fit in all of Rooney, RvP, Mata and Di Maria in that system, I can't imagine any of them would be benched (if fit of course)
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

His wife has now liked one more United related picture, which makes it three in total. She's either on massive WUM to bring down the caf or....

:drool:

The transfer of Angel di Maria to Manchester United is well underway according to all kinds of media reports in Spain. Marca says on Saturday that Di Maria and Manchester United are deep into personal terms negotiations and that the player knows '100%' he'll soon be out of the Real Madrid door.

Di Maria was excellent in the first leg of the Spanish super cup against Atletico Madrid after coming on as a substitute, he changed the game in Real Madrid's favour and Diego Simeone labelled him the best player at the club. Carlo Ancelotti heaped praise on Di Maria too and said that although the player had asked to leave the would still be picked until he left the club, or the transfer window closed.

That quickly proved not to be the case and Di Maria was left out of the Real Madrid squad for the match against Atletico on Friday night. Real Madrid lost, missing the impact that Di Maria had made in the first leg.

Then followed various Spanish journalists being quoted by outlets such as Radio Marca, saying Di Maria was most likely to end up at Manchester United. PSG can't make the deal happen and AS Monaco was perhaps never a goer.

A Manchester United move, as far as the Spanish press are concerned, looks on. El Confidencial have said Real Madrid now want €65m and that Manchester United is the club pressing the most.

That Spanish outlet said quite some time ago that Real Madrid had enlisted Jorge Mendes to sort some transfers out for them. The plan was to sign James Rodriguez and send Di Maria to Manchester United, one down and one to go.

SportWitness

-------------------De Gea------------------
Rafael--------Evans------Rojo--------Shaw
--------------Carrick----Herrera-----------
--------------------Mata------------------
---Di Maria------------------------Rooney
-----------------van Persie---------------

4-3-3 with both Shaw and Rafael adding width.

I'm in Paris right now with the mrs, and apart from Disneyland, no idea why he would choose PSG over United.

Much prefer Manchester to Paris.

Not sure about Rijo but we'd need a sitter like Carrick in this formation rather than a box to boxer. Perhaps why we're not going for Vidal.

Would rely on mata to press too which ain't gonna happen. Starting to understand why Jose didn't want him.

Last edited:
Anyone else get the feeling these sources actually read the CAF and are trying to torture you guys?

I'm in Paris right now with the mrs, and apart from Disneyland, no idea why he would choose PSG over United.

Much prefer Manchester to Paris.

If there was a @redcafe_meltdown twitter, this would be on there.

Meh, negotiations can be carried out through agents until the 'make a bid' stage.
This. For what its worth, in all our recent negotiations we have been actively trying to have minimal contact with the selling club, until its absolutely necessary.

This. For what its worth, in all our recent negotiations we have been actively trying to have minimal contact with the selling club, until its absolutely necessary.

Mata from Chelsea being the prime example. The whole deal was apparently done through 'intermediaries' rather than direct contact with the other club.

Yeah I read it and people are reluctant to let him go, like him, think he's worth more than 15 million, etc. Nobody thinks its like losing Ronaldo. Hyperbole at its finest.

Not at all. It was obviously said as tongue-in-cheek. But the hysteria and overrating of Welbeck in that thread is hilarious and they people wade in here and say Di Maria is overrated! The mind boggles.

His wife has now liked one more United related picture, which makes it three in total. She's either on massive WUM to bring down the caf or....

:drool:

The interesting thing is, if you read the main page of her profile it says

"Jor Cardoso and Angel Di Maria

Angel doesn't have Facebook,no Instagram no Twitter!!!!"

The first line makes it seem like they both use the same profile. So it might even be Angel himself liking the pictures!

PS - It was always Di Maria that needed convincing, not Real Madrid. They have made their mind up regarding the sell.

tricky question: if you had to choose one of Di Maria or Mata, who would you prefer?

Status
Not open for further replies.