Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feck all is happening, as usual.

The day kicked off with Di Maria's wife 'liking' pictures on Instagram of him being associated with Man United.

As the day grew, a few Tweets from Marca Radio and Argentine journos were being thrown in to add fuel to the fire, claiming he is coming here.

Then, Anchelotti left Di Maria out of his squad for the super cup match, pretty much confirming that he will be leaving.

Let me put this way, we're more likely to sign Di Maria than Vidal right now. Make of that what you want.

Having said that, as a "pessimist" who never thought we're getting Vidal at any point, I think we'll get Di Maria.

Well he was left out of squad for tonight as it's rumoured he's definitely leaving RM. Also, most significant news is his wife liked the picture of him and Rojo on Instagram with the United logo. She also thanked a United fan who made mock up pic of DM in our blue kit. Hell, Instagrams been more reliable than any other source for United transfers this summer.

We've given up on twitter and now we're using instagram to get our fix of positive news. This is just sad.

Ok well my two cents says he leaves Madrid for PSG or Chelsea. Chelsea wouldn't make sense because they have plenty of good players in his position. We'll be front runners, then some club with stupid amounts of money will bid for him and get him. The only way we get him is if United is his preferred destination for whatever reason. Rojo and Veron might say good things but Heinze and Tevez probably won't so I guess it depends who his buddies are.

Just....what? You must literally be the only United fan hoping we sign another striker ahead of other positions currently. Mental.
With potential losses of Welbeck and Hernandez it is not so outrageous.

The best form of defence is attack. I actually think Di Maria would fit nicely into a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. Our attack has been a bit predicable and obvious so it would be nice to have a different type of striker to cause concern, maybe an Aguero/Suarez type player.

Do I think we have problems in midfield, of course. But my view is LVG is not targeting anyone as he wants Strootman. As for the defence, I have confidence they will come good.

We've given up on twitter and now we're using instagram to get our fix of positive news. This is just sad.

Ok well my two cents says he leaves Madrid for PSG or Chelsea. Chelsea wouldn't make sense because they have plenty of good players in his position. We'll be front runners, then some club with stupid amounts of money will bid for him and get him. The only way we get him is if United is his preferred destination for whatever reason. Rojo and Veron might say good things but Heinze and Tevez probably won't so I guess it depends who his buddies are.

That's what we said about Bayern and Thiago and look how well that ended. We're in for a ride and a huge crash of disappointment at the end of the window. Nothing usually comes out of rumors when big money is involved and Manchester United except in very exceptional circumstances like Mata. Then again Mata would be considered cheap when compared to the money we will have to pay to sign and keep Di Maria. Don't underestimate the power of Mourinho.

What on earth are you on about?
Maybe you don't watch his movement a lot. He comes out of attacking positions when he is supposed to play as the main striker and is rarely in the box when we attack. When Ronaldo left he played as the main striker got shed loads of goals because he stayed in the box. He got a load of tap ins and headers. The next season he kept on coming out and to get the ball, we lost our goal threat.

That's what we said about Bayern and Thiago and look how well that ended. We're in for a ride and a huge crash of disappointment at the end of the window. Nothing usually comes out of rumors when big money is involved and Manchester United except in very exceptional circumstances like Mata. Then again Mata would be considered cheap when compared to the money we will have to pay to sign and keep Di Maria. Don't underestimate the power of Mourinho.

Yup. Exactly. Where is that prepare your anus meme when you need it?

At the start of the summer I felt that Di Maria was the better player but Sanchez would be the clearer fit for us, before all the 3-5-2 shenanigans complicated things.

Agreed. Taking the possibility of 352 into account, Di Maria is probably more suitable. Sanchez is the definition of a 433 player. Archetypal winger/forward.

Ah yes just seen this, very good read.
I like the way he definitely has a plan and a timescale to which he expects to see very good results (2-3 months)

I agree with what he said about the Valencia game though, when we played Swansea we were not switching the play to the free wide man like we were in preseason... confidence in the system and all that

But we've also had tweets. :D They started with tweets saying that (radio) COPE had said Di Maria was out of the squad because an offer was expected.

Then about half an hour later (just long enough to make a phonecall or two) a tweet from Sainz an AS journalist best known for having a direct line to Ronaldo, Mendes and related players. Sainz tweeted that Di Maria was getting closer to United and had turned down PSG and Monaco - which almost certainly means that's the story that Mendes or Di Maria wanted in the public domain.

Vamos a ver!

Anyone remember how Wenger got Ozil from Real Madrid?

h2JR4XT.jpg

jrH1PTWgctUBv.jpg

I have a feeling such a masterstroke was ochestrated by Woodward...i.e, Monkey fell of tree which open up the chance for Nani to Lisbon, which allowed Rojo to Manchester united, Rojo calls Di Maria and told him it is safe to come to United, Di Maria comes to Manchester united. Or something along those lines :lol:

His bird is liking PSG stuff on Instagram as well.

h2JR4XT.jpg

jrH1PTWgctUBv.jpg

I have a feeling such a masterstroke was ochestrated by Woodward...i.e, Monkey fell of tree which open up the chance for Nani to Lisbon, which allowed Rojo to Manchester united, Rojo calls Di Maria and told him it is safe to come to United, Di Maria comes to Manchester united. Or something along those lines :lol:
Patrice Evra (United -> Juventus)
Fabio Quagiarella (Juventus -> Torino)
Ciro Immobile (Torino -> Dortmund)
Robert Lewandowski (Dortmund -> Bayern)
Toni Kroos (Bayern -> Real Madrid)
Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid -> United)

:devil:

we can only hope for the final stage to happen though...

Patrice Evra (United -> Juventus)
Fabio Quagiarella (Juventus -> Torino)
Ciro Immobile (Torino -> Dortmund)
Robert Lewandowski (Dortmund -> Bayern)
Toni Kroos (Bayern -> Real Madrid)
Angel Di Maria (Real Madrid -> United)

:devil:

we can only hope for the final stage to happen though...
Yep. :angel:

Thank you di Maria? That could mean anything. He could've got her a new handbag or a penis enlargement.
Or maybe it refers to the the years he's given loyal service to Real Madrid (only for Madrid to shun him and go buy NKOTB James) because he's turning a page! :devil:

h2JR4XT.jpg

jrH1PTWgctUBv.jpg

And then Di Maria calls Messi.... I'm getting ahead of myself here

Good night.

It's clear as feck he is leaving. You have to also think with other options not viable, Spanish press reports etc that this transfer to us is actually on. However, I do not trust us.

He's definitely off, it's just a question of whether PSG can clobber together a legal way of getting him before we do i reckon.

He's definitely off, it's just a question of whether PSG can clobber together a legal way of getting him before we do i reckon.
The way we feck around though I can see some name popping up out of nowhere and getting in. Like Monaco...CL Football and need a replacement for Hamez.

The way we feck around though I can see some name popping up out of nowhere and getting in. Like Monaco...CL Football and need a replacement for Hamez.

They also want Falcao don't they? Could be a swap on the cards maybe?

CL football, but is he gonna want to play to 14,000 every home game? Maybe they can give him several hundred thousand reasons why he might...

They also want Falcao don't they? Could be a swap on the cards maybe?

CL football, but is he gonna want to play to 14,000 every home game? Maybe they can give him several hundred thousand reasons why he might...
Well yeah, they could give him shit loads of money.

It may be the French league but he strikes me as a player who wouldn't be bothered. That's just an impression I get of him though, he may be a player who wouldn't go near a nobody club like Monaco for all the money in the world, and it's not like we still couldn't give him big wages...

Is she? Screw her she can go to Paris, Di Maria will have to make do with his spanish compadres here then...
HAHA...someone sent this picture to Di Maria's wife, she sees it-but does not like it. SHE knows something. Other pictures of man utd/di maria, she sees them and likes them! via @DeMono from the newbie section...

BvravUCIEAIvvYg.jpg:large

Say what you want about our social media fans, but they can't half muppet...

He's an Argentine...

I know mate, he is more likely to mingle with the Spanish clique if he comes here isn't he. Just like how Rojo will probably be getting on better with the Spanish guys right now since he can only speak Spanish (he nominated/got nominated by Juan Mata for the ice bucket challenge).

Status
Not open for further replies.