Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody thinking he could play RWB for us? Van Gaal has no issue with playing other natural wingers in that position. Di Maria is also hardworking so I don't see how that would be an issue.

Nobody thinking he could play RWB for us? Van Gaal has no issue with playing other natural wingers in that position.
Shit ones, yeah. di Maria is far too influential to be playing as a wing back just because he works hard. It's most definitely a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 if he joins.

Nobody thinking he could play RWB for us? Van Gaal has no issue with playing other natural wingers in that position. Di Maria is also hardworking so I don't see how that would be an issue.

I'm sure that he could play that position no probs, but it would be hell of a waste of his talents. You'd have to think that Shaw has that position, too.

image.jpg

"Di Maria and Shaw"

image.jpg

"Don't you DARE come into this office and sink my battleship."

Real Madrid accepted an offer from Manchester United for Angel Di Maria. So he did not play.

I hope Barca do enter the battle to sign Di Maria maybe then Real Madrid would even demand less money from us. Better lose a few million euros and he goes abroad rather than play for your rivals right?

He was anonymous today and it was his fault Madrid lost (as well as the pink kits fault). Di maria out!!! :mad:

Who is he ?
Seems like he is an ESPN journo in Argentina. I've been down his page and there is no mass of bullshit tweets, all sensible stuff - he posted some good things about Rojo to us. May be nothing but thought it was worth posting.

Aye he definitely could. In the 3-5-2 system he could potentially play wingback, midfield or as a forward similar to Robben/Sanchez for the Dutch and Chile 3-5-2's.

Preferably for me he would be a wingback or a midfielder, I wouldn't want to sign him for £40m to play instead of our current forwards.

The wingback idea is growing on me and I don't think it would necessarily be as much of a waste as is being portrayed. You don't have to play that role in a defensive way, even traditional wingbacks in a 3-5-2 can be given huge levels of freedom to play offensively.

And then most importantly remember that van Gaal actually played a 3 at the back variant with Ajax in which he played fully fledged attacking wingers, such as Overmars, in the wide roles. The system functioned without any real wingbacks at all but just conventional wingers, and that was a fantastic Ajax side.

Well, I've been working all day. What is the latest update, is this happening?
The day kicked off with Di Maria's wife 'liking' pictures on Instagram of him being associated with Man United.

As the day grew, a few Tweets from Marca Radio and Argentine journos were being thrown in to add fuel to the fire, claiming he is coming here.

Then, Anchelotti left Di Maria out of his squad for the super cup match, pretty much confirming that he will be leaving.

Feck all is happening, as usual.

How could you possibly say this on a day where a Man United fan recommends Di Maria's wife to convince him to join United, where she like Rojo's photo on instagram and where he didn't play today? These are greater developments than Vidal ever had!

How could you possibly say this on a day where a Man United fan recommends Di Maria's wife to convince him to join United, where she like Rojo's photo on instagram and where he didn't play today? These are greater developments than Vidal ever had!

It's all coincidental social media nonsense.

I imagine he'd do very well there. It ends up as not a dissimilar position to the 'wide central midfield' role he played last season as RM. Alongside the CM pair, but with space to attack up the wing.

It's a serious tick in the 'sign him' box that he'd be so effective in a number of different positions for us, so there'd be no problem fitting him around our existing top quality attacking players.

Let me put this way, we're more likely to sign Di Maria than Vidal right now. Make of that what you want.

Having said that, as a "pessimist" who never thought we're getting Vidal at any point, I think we'll get Di Maria.

Well he was left out of squad for tonight as it's rumoured he's definitely leaving RM. Also, most significant news is his wife liked the picture of him and Rojo on Instagram with the United logo. She also thanked a United fan who made mock up pic of DM in our blue kit. Hell, Instagrams been more reliable than any other source for United transfers this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.