Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more reason di Maria's a perfect fit:

Unlike almost every other player, I don't see the lack of Champions' League as much of a factor that would tempt him to go elsewhere. He just won it, not only that but he was also named MOTM. He already checked that box.

Playing time is surely his biggest motivation. He's at his peak and doesn't want to be on the bench. He knows he'll play here. Not even PSG can guarantee that, definitely not Barca.

He would walk into the PSG team to be fair. He would arguably be their best player (only Ibrahimovic runs him close IMO).

If (and a big, huge, gigantic, if) we somehow landed him, I hope that Woodward/the club just sit back and relax because we've got a big name in... we're still in dire need of some form of midfielder and some experience at the back.

I sit and wait
while an Angel
Contemplates his fate
Does he know
The muppetry does grow
Where the weathers cold
'Cause he's been told
Van Gaals system
Lets his wings unfold

So when I'm lying in my bed
Thoughts runnin' through my head
And I feel Vidals deal's dead
I'm lovin' Angel instead

And through it ALLLLLLLLLLLL
He offers Shaw protection
And Smalling a sense of direction
when he's on the ball,
He won't deflate me
I'm lovin' Angels small head

:lol:

another verse for you!!

we are playing weak
our attacks go down a one way street
we look above
and the lesser teams have all passed us
and as the window goes
our desperation grows
the vidal deals dead
were getting Angel instead

If (and a big, huge, gigantic, if) we somehow landed him, I hope that Woodward/the club just sit back and relax because we've got a big name in... we're still in dire need of some form of midfielder and some experience at the back.
I assume you intended to put a "don't" in there?

A few goals masked some quite ordinary performances. Not denying that he's a great player - just not sure he's at the right club at the right time.

Last season, I would say this is correct, since Moyes' straight-lines formations forced him to play wide midfield, where he looked useless. Definitely a panic buy, possibly to appease the fans, even though it was a position which didn't need to be touched.

If we look set to be playing two up front and a #10 this season, then Juan Mata is undoubtedly our best #10, and among the best #10s around. I am certain he will be used properly under Van Gaal. If we got rid of him, we would probably need another #10 and I don't think we could get anyone better than Mata. Or Kagawa or Januzaj could take that role, but neither of them are as good as Mata, IMO.

another verse for you!!

we are playing weak
we look above
and as the window goes
our desperation grows
the vidal deals dead
:lol::lol:

another verse for you!!

we are playing weak
we look above
and as the window goes
our desperation grows
the vidal deals dead

We thought we were being 'hard' on that one, but Real Madrid were laughing all the way from the bank.
He had been talking about moving to Madrid all the time he was at United. Getting a world record fee for a player that has been talking about moving for many seasons is not bad in my mind.

Still don't want to get excited but he's arguably the third best player in the world judging by last season? Competing with Suarez for that place.

The mood of the majority of the forum has shifted. People are rightly annoyed with the club producing another rubbish summer transfer window performance. Player recruitment is important when the squad needs replenishing like United's does.
Its not over yet, we've signed 4 top players in the last year, I'm not doubting the need for more improvement but its not as bad as you make out. I'm sure everyone would've said the same thing about Liverpools squad last year, now all of a sudden Joe Allen, Henderson and co are great players.

another verse for you!!

we are playing weak
we look above
and as the window goes
our desperation grows
the vidal deals dead
:lol::lol:

Last season, I would say this is correct, since Moyes' straight-lines formations forced him to play wide midfield, where he looked useless. Definitely a panic buy, possibly to appease the fans, even though it was a position which didn't need to be touched.

If we look set to be playing two up front and a #10 this season, then Juan Mata is undoubtedly our best #10, and among the best #10s around. I am certain he will be used properly under Van Gaal. If we got rid of him, we would probably need another #10 and I don't think we could get anyone better than Mata. Or Kagawa or Januzaj could take that role, but neither of them are as good as Mata, IMO.

We have 10's in abundance, it would be ridiculous to buy another, even if we sold 1 or 2.

He had been talking about moving to Madrid all the time he was at United. Getting a world record fee for a player that has been talking about moving for many seasons is not bad in my mind.

Yep. It didn't seem like a bad deal at the time; but in retrospect, Madrid got a bargain. And they probably knew it - we asked - they paid - no haggling.

Ya he wouldn't start for Stoke

There's usually lot of room usually between not starting for stoke and the third best player in the world/our best signing ever etc..

I mean he is a pretty good and top player but still i think many are overrating him.

Almost time to find out what Ballague has to say on the matter.
He's not very reliable but I'm pretty sure it'll just be recycled statements which we already know. (He wants to leave, Ancelotti wants to keep, he wants a pay rise, Madrid want a large fee...)

Yep. He's worth at least double that.
Easy to say that looking back now given the current climate, but at the time the fee comfortably broke the world record and then some. 80m wasn't really a fee you could go higher than without looking completely bonkers, even for Real.

Wow, so Di Maria is being overrated but over in the Welbeck thread, Welbeck isn't? You would swear we were selling Ronaldo with some of the rubbish being spouted in there. Only on the 'Caf.

Easy to say that looking back now given the current climate, but at the time the fee comfortably broke the world record and then some. 80m wasn't really a fee you could go higher than without looking completely bonkers, even for Real.

Fred Hermel a french reporter who is close to Madrid and Perez, and apparently Perez was convinced that the price would be much higher and was inclined to pay.

Wow, so Di Maria is being overrated but over in the Welbeck thread, Welbeck isn't? You would swear we were selling Ronaldo with some of the rubbish being spouted in there. Only on the 'Caf.
Yes, people genuinely feel that way about Welbeck. :rolleyes:

I sit and wait
while an Angel
Contemplates his fate
Does he know
The muppetry does grow
Where the weathers cold
'Cause he's been told
Van Gaals system
Lets his wings unfold

So when I'm lying in my bed
Thoughts runnin' through my head
And I feel Vidals deal's dead
I'm lovin' Angel instead

And through it ALLLLLLLLLLLL
He offers Shaw protection
And Smalling a sense of direction
when he's on the ball,
He won't deflate me
I'm lovin' Angels small head
This might be the best one of these i've seen since i got here, excellent work.

Just a bit. I doubt he was most peoples first choice before the heavy linkage. Top class player, but all of a sudden hes making everyone's top 5 lists.

It's like Arsenal fans with Ozil. People are a bit too desperate for any quality signing and his rating has gone up and up as the summer has progressed too on here for some reason. I think people remember his form 2nd half of last season in a central role particularly CL final giving him extra hype but there has been Di Maria before that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.