Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we getting excited about him, is it cuz he's been left out of the squad for tonight or is there some real substance to him coming to us?

Ermm, he's not going to Barca.
I think it's more that they see it as Real selling someone who is a danger and is effective. They have bought Kroos and Rodriguez. What if they have spent all that money and they don't settle. Germans don't always. They couldn't get Ozil and Khedira out of there quick enough. Rodriguez is another players signed off a good world cup.

Oh god this thread is exactly like the Vidal thread was 2 weeks ago. Don't do it to yourselves guys.

Now for his girlfriend to come out saying she "liked" the picture by mistake.

This would be a great coup for us even if he's not exactly a necessary buy and would unbalance the team slightly. Massive statement of intent.

van Persie
Mata Rooney Di Maria
Herrera DM
Shaw Rojo Evans Jones
de Gea

Suddently it looks like a very good team doesn't it?

This would be a great coup for us even if he's not exactly a necessary buy and would unbalance the team slightly. Massive statement of intent.

van Persie
Mata Rooney Di Maria
Herrera DM
Shaw Rojo Evans Jones
de Gea

Disagree. It would balance the team but at the cost of gametime for some.

What picture did his wife like? Must have missed that.

Can't believe I'm a grown man actually asking something like that, but it's the transfer window so what the hell.

Di Maria is in the squad but what's being reported is that he wont make the bench for the game.

Probably at Mata's expense?
Depends, really, on the kind of formation/system we play. Di MAria and Ozil played very well together so it doesn't haVe to be Mata. Maybe LVG can find a way of it not being any of the big names. Either way, he adds so much you just have to sign him and then think of the other stuff later because he's worth adjusting for and letting go off someone for.

Can't believe I'm a grown man actually asking something like that, but it's the transfer window so what the hell.
The one Rojo liked with he and Di Maria with the United crest behind them

The picture of Rojo and Di Maria together with the United crest in the background.

Here is a 4-3-2-1 formation that is perfectly plausible. Rooney playing higher up the pitch and the def mid covering the back line

1079168_Manchester_United.jpg

He would be a great impact signing like Van Persie. He played at Real Madrid, so I am not worried that he will buckle under the pressure of his expensive price tag. I am not particularily sure how he will do in a wingback role if we continue the 1-3-5-2 system. He would have tons of space to attack the fullback, but in that role he also has to be positionally diciplined, a trait that could affect his attacking influence.

Certainly interesting, lots of options for Van Gaal right now.

It's possible that he could even play as a midfielder in a 3-5-2 particularly against the weaker sides, though him and Herrera would not be the most balanced midfield around.

I have heard of exchange rates!

Bit hard when you don't mention what currency you're talking about in your post though.

Mind reading, now that I'm not good at

Quit your bitchin will ya :) youre the one who jumped on me with a conclusion assuming I was talking in Euros!!!!
Either way I think we could do it for 60million. Dont mind the madrid want x for the player shite, he wants out and hes told them so they will lower their price in the end.

Now for his girlfriend to come out saying she "liked" the picture by mistake.
She liked a few so she'd have to have made that mistake several times!

Exactly how I feel about it :lol:

van Persie
Mata Rooney Di Maria
Herrera DM
Shaw Rojo Evans Jones
de Gea

Who is this DM of which you speak? Carrick I guess & Fletcher as understudy?

Van Gaal won't drop RVP. No way, unless RVP just doesn't perform in a big way. RVP's one of the first name's on the team sheet when fit, most likely.
Us selling a striker is going to see us move back to a more normal 1 up front formation I would imagine, especially if we are signing a winger as well. Rooney is the captain and will play if fit and LvG has made it quite clear he's a striker... I don't think RVP's spot in the team is anywhere near as safe as people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.