Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feels so on all of a sudden (mostly because of di Maria's wife/girlfriend liking those pictures :drool:)

Like I said, buying Di Maria 60M this summer when we have Januzaj and when we can't pay 50M for Vidal is useless

And in 3-5-2 formation I doubt Di Maria will flourish as a winger or a central midfield

IF we buy him, we'll need to change our formation in 4-2-3-1 / 4-3-3 as soon as possible and giving player like him and Adnan space to destroy defenses

And in that we'll have big problems regarding the number 10 spot with Rooney, Mata and Kagawa, the midfield (whether buying Vidal to accomodate Roo RVP in front) ....

So yes it can be a good solution for a specific point (need for pace and penetration) but it'll be difficult for the formation, Januzaj's emergence....

Indeed, really interesting situation and I'm not sure what the answer is.

I don't think Di Maria would be too bad in a 3-5-2 actually, even as a midfielder.

Wouldn't spend more than 30-35 for him as a winger. As an offensive central midfielder he is worth a whole lot more though.

That price is fair for the quality that Di Maria brings. Being able to play very effectively on the wing and CM is rare and incredibly valuable.

10569058_10204773567166833_7234984176358091442_n.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Would be a very good statement. That we can buy a player of his calibre without being in champions league.

Marca think we're offering €70m and that may be why Di Maria has been dropped from the squad.

I can't stand Di Maria but he almost sounds like a good signing to me right now. I'm so desperate for us to reinforce and strengthen that I actually (almost) want us to sign this prick. Unbelievable.

We don't have enough pricks. Rojo and Di Maria will be a welcome change in that regard.

Shit, I'm getting excited now. I've reached a peak right now. The Vidal business never came so close to this.

Indeed, really interesting situation and I'm not sure what the answer is.

I don't think Di Maria would be too bad in a 3-5-2 actually, even as a midfielder.

The fact is that if you buy him, you need to play him where his best position is. And if you can attract him, then it's mean that you can attract Vidal instead to play in the center....

I would rather pay Vidal than Di Maria for the current situation. If we buy Di Maria, we still may need Vidal, instead, if we have Vidal we can stay in this formation...

So it's down Van Gaal's opportunity but I'm pretty sure that our priorites are a midfielder and a central defender before Di Maria (even if the three are needed)

It doesn't necessarily mean he's coming to us. He's Di Maria, he's bound to attract some of the best clubs in the world. PSG have expressed their interest but can't sign him due to FFP - they could sell someone to generate funds though. Maybe it's another team - Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, City or something. I won't hold my breath unless BBC report that United have had a bid accepted and agreed terms with player. There's still many possibilities of this amounting to nothing from our perspective.

I can't stand Di Maria but he almost sounds like a good signing to me right now. I'm so desperate for us to reinforce and strengthen that I actually (almost) want us to sign this prick. Unbelievable.
A bit of a diver but in the RM/Bara universe, surely he's way down on the list of prickish players?

Status
Not open for further replies.