Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to be realistic we are not getting Di maria, or Vidal. We are not in teh Champions league and this counts - we should be targeting payers with the ability to step up to that class from current Europa league clubs like Sociedad, Fiorentina and the like.

They won't mind missing a year of Europa to get big wages and ECL next year.

This buying top players who are top clubs to come struggle with us is a fantasy as Kroos, Muller and others have shown. We couldn't do this most of the time when we had trebles, doubles and championships (see Ronaldinho, Moura, hazard, Kluivert, fabregas last summer etc)!

I just want Louis to identify realistic targets and for Ed to gog et them as we have done 3 times already.

Except we have evidence that is not the case.

The fact that we paid a lot of money for a couple of players? That could well be the reason why we may not be able to afford him. Also we have heard deals collapsing because we think the player is not worth the asking price. Again, it is the right approach generally, but in this climate and in our condition we need to bite the bullet and try and get him for whatever we can afford.

I just cant see how hes going to fit in. Rooney or Mata will have to either play left or right as part of a forward 3.

If we do still with 3 at the back though, wouldn't mind seeing this

........Jones...Evans..Rojo
Raf .....Carrick..Herrera ...Shaw
..Rooney/Mata....Di Maria....
................RVP/Rooney

The fact that we paid a lot of money for a couple of players? That could well be the reason why we may not be able to afford him. Also we have heard deals collapsing because we think the player is not worth the asking price. Again, it is the right approach generally, but in this climate and in our condition we need to bite the bullet and try and get him for whatever we can afford.
In the last five years only PSG have spent more than us.

I actually believe that we have the money that Woodward has spoken of. I am just very skeptical that as a club, we are as attractive a proposition as we like to think. Especially this season.

Not uncommon for Madrid to start publicly accusing players of behaving badly in the press when they feel he's leaving. So much internal politics going on and no surprise Di Maria wants out. Good signs with the latest comments from Ancelotti and his wife.

In the last five years only PSG have spent more than us.

I actually believe that we have the money that Woodward has spoken of. I am just very skeptical that as a club, we are as attractive a proposition as we like to think. Especially this season.

It's the last 5 transfer windows. They choose the statistics carefully to make their point.

This is the last 5 years.
article-2553796-1B438F5300000578-927_634x436.jpg

But weird that his missus calls him by his surname.

Well, the quote at the link is “Nunca pidió ocho millones. Si fuera un mercenario, se habría ido ya del Real Madrid”, she's not calling him by his surname. Last time she also commented on instagram.

This is actually a case where, if we don't get him, I will be fuming.

FFS Ed, just make a combined offer for both him and Khedira then we can call it a decent transfer window. Maybe go for Strootman in January.

Unfortunately that makes too much sense, so Ed will instead panic buy Freddy Guarin for £25million on deadline day.

Time to be realistic we are not getting Di maria, or Vidal. We are not in teh Champions league and this counts - we should be targeting payers with the ability to step up to that class from current Europa league clubs like Sociedad, Fiorentina and the like.

They won't mind missing a year of Europa to get big wages and ECL next year.

This buying top players who are top clubs to come struggle with us is a fantasy as Kroos, Muller and others have shown. We couldn't do this most of the time when we had trebles, doubles and championships (see Ronaldinho, Moura, hazard, Kluivert, fabregas last summer etc)!

I just want Louis to identify realistic targets and for Ed to gog et them as we have done 3 times already.
So many people say this and I'm fecking sick of it. Just look at the caliber of players that City bought when they were still shit... far worse off than us and still managed to get players that the big clubs wanted. MONEY

So many people say this and I'm fecking sick of it. Just look at the caliber of players that City bought when they were still shit... far worse off than us and still managed to get players that the big clubs wanted. MONEY
Monaco signed James, Falcao and Moutinho last year too. No European football and playing infront of about 20 people every fortnight.

As a Barca fan, I would love United to get Di Maria. Make it happen guys! He is the engine of Madrid, and was always the best player from them in all crucial matches last season. You never get this kind of speed, work rate and trickery in the market. Pay whatever you need..

So people are convicned we can't get him, so where will he be going? Not PSG, so where? Monaco?

CL is only a big problem with clubs like Spurs, they play CL once a blue moon, while United don't play CL once a blue moon. The CL arguement should be used when you are talking about Spurs etc, or players like Robben, who are ageing and on their very peak.

Di María just won a CL, don't think he'll care that much if he misses it one season.

Status
Not open for further replies.