Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell are you ruling out bids from Bayern or PSG? If PSG want him then they can do a loan deal whatever to work around FFP. and Bayern could buy him, no problem.
It's muppetry to say that Maria is only of interest to United, and all Woodward had to do is write a cheque.

You need to read my previous posts - ive said a loan to PSG is the most likely outcome. I don't think Bayern will enter the equation on this one.

Ive also maintained since the start he wont be coming here

He's not there for the taking if he doesn't want to go to Manchester!
Well he might be, you know it is possible for players to be keen on moving to United as much as you dislike that.

I don't think it's likely we will sign him but I do hope we try.

So you want mercenaries at the club. Interesting.

You need to stop that mercenary talk, they're being paid to do a job. Most of us will leave our current employer in a heartbeat if a much better monetary offer comes along. Footballers are no different as they seldom develop any emotional attachment to a club like fans do.

Take them or pretty much any other top player right now - its money that is the deciding factor. We either compete for them or we don't.
I'd rather we didn't if those are the best examples. I can do without players going on strike for three months, crying about missing Birthday cakes, and being linked with Madrid after a season.

You need to read my previous posts - ive said a loan to PSG is the most likely outcome. I don't think Bayern will enter the equation on this one.

Ive also maintained since the start he wont be coming here
Well, we're more in agreement than I thought so. I just hope PSG have a player or two they might flog us to fund ADM.

You need to stop that mercenary talk, they're being paid to do a job. Most of us will leave our current employer in a heartbeat if a much better monetary offer comes along. Footballers are no different as they seldom develop any emotional attachment to a club like fans do.
Most of us aren't on multi year contracts and prepared to go on strike if we don't get our way. You need to stop comparing being a top footballer with pushing paper in an office.

There is way too much money in the game now, money most of the time is the deciding factor if you don't put up the money don't expect to compete at the highest level.

Do any of you seriously think he'll join United?
Why not? Technically we have a 50-50 chance of getting him. The question is not his wages, which Im confident we will be able to pay even it means £200,000 per week, but it is the transfer fees. Will we be willing to pay £55-60m to bring him here.

I think we'll try to haggle down the price until we sense PSG swooping in or upto deadline day.

I expect him to go to PSG and after that we will come with a press release that we were never interested in him. Woody style.

No they are not. They only big money moves I can remember them doing are Robinho for £32mm, Higuain for £34m and Ozil for £42m in the last 10 years. And they have sold the likes of Huntelaar, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Robben, Sneidjer etc. in that time. Thats nothing compared to the amount of players they sell every year.

It's not the likes of Huntelaar, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Robben, Sneidjer etc - it's them and they were sold because they were Calderon signings and Perez had taken over. A couple of them were on the Madrid party circuit. A couple of them were "always" injured. Robben at £22m was a great deal for Bayern (as far as I know, we didn't bid). Sneidjer (£12m) went on to have one great season, the rest didn't even appear on Madrid's post-sale radar as players they sold too cheap.

Why not? Technically we have a 50-50 chance of getting him. The question is not his wages, which Im confident we will be able to pay even it means £200,000 per week, but it is the transfer fees. Will we be willing to pay £55-60m to bring him here.

That is irrelevant before the two main questions, Does LVG Want him and is he willing to sacrifice CL football to join PL.

That is irrelevant before the two main questions, Does LVG Want him and is he willing to sacrifice CL football to join PL.
LVG even quoted him as the kind of quality wingers we are lacking, it'd be really odd then to go on to say LVG is not interested.

The second question is more difficult, though, who knows.

Its not - what was point 1? Di Maria wants to leave. From what we are led to believe, he very strongly wants to leave and has done for some time. The signing of Rodriguez has only exacerbated the situation. Now, PSG cannot afford the deal as things stand, so IF we put the deal on the table he has 2 options - stay at Madrid or....

Im "not completely overlooking what the player might want and blaming Woodward" - im summing up what we are led to believe is the case. This is about money - we either pay it or we don't.
You have no idea if he wants to play for United but are simply working on the assumption that he does.

I'd call that overlooking what he wants.

You have no idea if he wants to play for United but are simply working on the assumption that he does.

I'd call that overlooking what he wants.

Im saying out of staying at Madrid and playing for Utd - he would pick Utd given how desperately he wants to play for Utd. At least read what I am saying before picking holes in it.

Anyway, its all fantasy. He wont be coming here and PSG remain the most likely option - probably on loan.

Im saying out of staying at Madrid and playing for Utd - he would pick Utd given how desperately he wants to play for Utd. At least read what I am saying before picking holes in it.

Anyway, its all fantasy. He wont be coming here and PSG remain the most likely option - probably on loan.
I have read what you said, and its easy to pick a hole in it seeing as the hole is so big.

You said that he wants to leave Madrid therefore if he doesn't come to United it's Woodwards fault. Completely ignoring the very real possibility that he might not wanna come here.

I have read what you said, and its easy to pick a hole in it seeing as the hole is so big.

You said that he wants to leave Madrid therefore if he doesn't come to United it's Woodwards fault. Completely ignoring the very real possibility that he might not wanna come here.

Deary fecking me. No point arguing.

Most of us aren't on multi year contracts and prepared to go on strike if we don't get our way. You need to stop comparing being a top footballer with pushing paper in an office.

Not comparing the job, just the circumstances by which most people would make a decision. Sure they make shit loads more money than all of us but when faced with a decision about employment, money is usually at the top of the list.

Don't know why people are so convinced he's going to PSG, when they publicly stated he's too expensive, if you think he's going on loan don't you think it would have been done by now? Looks like Madrid want the cash and Ancelotti already said they have declined an offer for him which is most likely the PSG loan offer, so they have been in negotiation with Real.

Only way i see him going to PSG is waiting until next summer and sticking it out at Madrid for one more season. But going by what Ancelotti said today he wants to leave this summer, which does leave the door open for us, not saying he will join us but no harm in trying.

I think the most likely outcome is he stays at Madrid for another season, then joins PSG.

Seems like Madrid are trying to paint a picture of Di Maria in the media for their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.