Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Cavani has regressed, he has still scored quite a few goals even though he is stuck out wide.
He looked average at the world cup too and has done for a while. He was much better at Napoli. He's not playing in his favoured position, fair enough, but then why move to PSG when Zlatan is the main man? Rumours have been going around that he's wanted out for months, nobody wants to fork out all that cash for him though so he's stuck there.

Perez has a good relationship with his counterpart in Paris. I wouldn't rule it out.

One thing is though, does the loan actually help PSG, do they not have some sort of wage cap too? Unless RM agree to cover his wages?

Also the lad wants a pay rise too.

One thing is though, does the loan actually help PSG, do they not have some sort of wage cap too? Unless RM agree to cover his wages?

Also the lad wants a pay rise too.

I could be wrong, but the issue for PSG is the transfer fee not wages - I could be wrong there though.

You think playing against Everton & Spurs in a season could be a deciding factor in Di Maria opting for us over PSG?
No, but fact is the Premier league is much more stronger and competitive than the French league, and a lot of players will see it that way too. Not everyone is a mercenary money grabbing dick. Some players actually care about their football career and testing themselves in the best leagues.

Of course there isn't - but lets look at what we know:

1. Di Maria wants to leave
2. Perez wants to sell...for a certain price
3. PSG cannot afford to at the moment due to FFP restrictions
4. Utd have no such FFP restrictions

Er go pay the money - get the player.
So completely overlook what the player might want and blame Woodward.

You think playing against Everton & Spurs in a season could be a deciding factor in Di Maria opting for us over PSG?

Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Arsenal at least twice a season in the league are matches that will be televised internationally. United, at least in the USA, is shown on TV every week and usually on NBC Sports, their primary channel for the PL.

No, but fact is the Premier league is much more stronger and competitive than the French league, and a lot of players will see it that way too. Not everyone is a mercenary money grabbing dick. Some players actually care about their football career and testing themselves in the best leagues.
Like the Champions League for example?

Aye but if that wasn't a factor here don't you think he'd have accepted the improved contract he's been offered by Madrid?

Rojo is a CB first. And considering our existing CBs and the fact that we bought Shaw, pretty sure that is the least of Rojo's worries.

Till when we are playing 3 CB's he gets more time and less competition. I don't think he'll be worried as such.

Aye but if that wasn't a factor here don't you think he'd have accepted the improved contract he's been offered by Madrid?
Isn't the contract way below what he's wanting though? He also wont get to play every week now they've signed Kroos and James.

Like I've already said, 6 games against average opposition then most likely getting knocked out early in the next stage. He just won the thing, missing out on it for a year (Hopefully) wouldn't be too big a hit.
I see it the exact opposite. He's just won the f*cking thing and now he's not even taking part? I can't imagine that is very appealing.

So completely overlook what the player might want and blame Woodward.

Its not - what was point 1? Di Maria wants to leave. From what we are led to believe, he very strongly wants to leave and has done for some time. The signing of Rodriguez has only exacerbated the situation. Now, PSG cannot afford the deal as things stand, so IF we put the deal on the table he has 2 options - stay at Madrid or....

Im "not completely overlooking what the player might want and blaming Woodward" - im summing up what we are led to believe is the case. This is about money - we either pay it or we don't.

I hope Ed is reminding them how cheap we have sold them players in the past.

I see it the exact opposite. He's just won the f*cking thing and now he's not even taking part? I can't imagine that is very appealing.
Well, maybe not. It's all speculation at the moment anyway. There's enough reasons for him to want a move to United. Also the same for a move to France.

He's asked to leave, so no way should we be paying their asking price. I normally don't give a crap about how much money the club spends on players, but I really really hate Madrid.
I would say the opposite. Real are always hard sellers. They know we can afford to pay top dollar for him. And they know we're desperate for quality players. So we should be offering at least the asking price if not more, and offering him a huge wage package.

They just smashed Di María in one of Madrid's national tv shows, accused him of being only interested in money. It was borderline slander. The club clearly wants him out. I think Madrid would take a lowish offer.

They just smashed Di María in one of Madrid's national tv shows, accused him of being only interested in money. It was borderline slander. The club clearly wants him out. I think Madrid would take a lowish offer.

Its Ozil all over again. The anti Di Maria campaign will be in full flow shortly. Perez is very predictable.

Its not - what was point 1? Di Maria wants to leave. From what we are led to believe, he very strongly wants to leave and has done for some time. The signing of Rodriguez has only exacerbated the situation. Now, PSG cannot afford the deal as things stand, so IF we put the deal on the table he has 2 options - stay at Madrid or....

Im "not completely overlooking what the player might want and blaming Woodward" - im summing up what we are led to believe is the case. This is about money - we either pay it or we don't.
No, it isn't. It is about what the player wants. If he doesn't want to come to United, all the money in the world won't make a difference.

I would say the opposite. Real are always hard sellers. They know we can afford to pay top dollar for him. And they know we're desperate for quality players. So we should be offering at least the asking price if not more, and offering him a huge wage package.
No they are not. They only big money moves I can remember them doing are Robinho for £32mm, Higuain for £34m and Ozil for £42m in the last 10 years. And they have sold the likes of Huntelaar, Rafael Van Der Vaart, Robben, Sneidjer etc. in that time. Thats nothing compared to the amount of players they sell every year.

Last edited:
No, it isn't. It is about what the player wants. If he doesn't want to come to United, all the money in the world won't make a difference.

So Toure, Silva, and Tevez "wanted" to play for City? Falcao "wanted" to play for Monaco? No. Money influenced those moves as it does most moves in football.

So Toure, Silva, and Tevez "wanted" to play for City? Falcao "wanted" to play for Monaco? No. Money influenced those moves as it does most moves in football.
So you want mercenaries at the club. Interesting.

Why the hell are you ruling out bids from Bayern or PSG? If PSG want him then they can do a loan deal whatever to work around FFP. and Bayern could buy him, no problem.
It's muppetry to say that Maria is only of interest to United, and all Woodward had to do is write a cheque.

Its Ozil all over again. The anti Di Maria campaign will be in full flow shortly. Perez is very predictable.

Exactly the same modus operandi. With Ozil they also attacked his father iirc, accused him of using prostitutes or something and he sued one of Madrid's newspapers.

We can discuss it all we want, he's there for the taking, he wants to leave and Madrid want to sell, it's up to LVG to convince him to come and Ed to sort out the money.

We can discuss it all we want, he's there for the taking, he wants to leave and Madrid want to sell, it's up to LVG to convince him to come and Ed to sort out the money.
He's not there for the taking if he doesn't want to go to Manchester!

Status
Not open for further replies.