Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if they don't want to join us?
Guaranteed first team Football for a club of similar stature in the Footballing world, probably getting huge wages? Only thing that would stop it is Champions League Football (or the lack of it)

SSN reporting that him and Khedira have asked to leave.
ADM particularly unhappy after an "unnamed" club had a bid rejected.

The annual Real Madrid firesale. If we can get them both, then we will have covered all needed positions in the window and will be a good confidence boost going into the season.

Guaranteed first team Football for a club of similar stature in the Footballing world, probably getting huge wages? Only thing that would stop it is Champions League Football (or the lack of it)

Can Woody not use the term "Project", which every city or PSG player used when they signed up for them??..

The annual Real Madrid firesale. If we can get them both, then we will have covered all needed positions in the window and will be a good confidence boost going into the season.

I would forgive Woody if he pulled that one off. I think Sammy K is going to Bayern though...

Seriously I would just give them what they want for both of them and be done with it.

I wouldnt feck around, I would just swallow it and take the consequences, because its better to do that than nothing at all.

Maybe Di Maria has admired us since he was a kid, like Rojo has.. That might tempt him. PSG would be a bad move unless money is all he cares about. I know they will be in Europe every season, but the league is really poor. We will be back next season if we sign him and 1/2 more.

Maybe Di Maria has admired us since he was a kid, like Rojo has.. That might tempt him. PSG would be a bad move unless money is all he cares about. I know they will be in Europe every season, but the league is really poor. We will be back next season if we sign him and 1/2 more.
He actually was a United fan when he was younger. He said it in one of his interviews about his ambition to play for Manchester United.

He actually was a United fan when he was younger. He said it in one of his interviews about his ambition to play for Manchester United.
Well that might be enough. Some players do still want to move to United, no matter how shit we were last season. Whether the club will pay up or are even interested however, i'm not so sure.

Maybe on a balance sheet, where it matters is on the pitch and we've never been further behind them. This Madrid team is probably better than any team we'll ever be able to build.

Can Woody not use the term "Project", which every city or PSG player used when they signed up for them??..
:lol: I was thinking that the other day. We haven't really given out the feeling that there is a 'project' going on here, we should have done so players come thinking they are the start of a sensational revolution back to the top.

If we sign Khedira and Di Maria I will be officially happy.

If they have both asked to leave, with the money we have and the talk we have been spewing about signing players and having pull and getting back in the UCL, we will look ridiculous if we don't sign them.

Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Khedira and Di Maria as replacements for Rio, Evra, Vidic, Nani and potentially Fellaini/Hernandez + the promotion of Wilson, Blackett, Lingard and more gametime for Januzaj would be an incredibly successful window and step in the right direction IMO.

If we sign Di Maria and Khedira I would advocate going back to 4-2-3-1, especially if the 3-5-2 stays a bit shaky after a few games:

------------------------------DE GEA------------------------------

RAFAEL------------JONES----------------ROJO---------------SHAW

------------------KHEDIRA--------------HERRERA-------------------

JANUZAJ/MATA---------------ROONEY----------------------DI MARIA

-------------------------------RVP---------------------------------

Last edited:
Maybe on a balance sheet, where it matters is on the pitch and we've never been further behind them. This Madrid team is probably better than any team we'll ever be able to build.
In Footballing terms. This Madrid team finished 2 places behind a team built with the same amount of money as they have spent on 1 player. Hardly an all conquering team yet.

And he wont be playing in it. He'll earn more and play every week for us, and probably get treated a lot better too.

He's there for the taking just like Ozil last summer. Arsenal had the balls to step up and pay a fee we would never expect Arsene to pay. Hopefully Ed does the same.

If we sign Khedira and Di Maria I will be officially happy.

If they have both asked to leave, with the money we have and the talk we have been spewing about signing players and having pull and getting back in the UCL, we will look ridiculous if we don't sign them.

Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Khedira and Di Maria as replacements for Rio, Evra, Vidic, Nani and potentially Fellaini/Hernandez would be an incredibly successful window IMO.
Khedira to Arsenal and Di Maria to PSG I reckon. Both should be playing CL football at this stage of their careers.

I am sure he is already on huge wages. Perhaps he just doesn't want to move to England. He wouldn't be the first.

Khedira to Arsenal and Di Maria to PSG I reckon. Both should be playing CL football at this stage of their careers.
Di Maria just won the CL, i'm sure he can handle a year without it earning double his current wages and accept being a key player for Manchester United.

If Di Maria is not willing to go a year without CL football, which is a perfectly reasonable position, I'm sure everyone will ignore the simple reality and rush to blame Woodward for being shit.

Well how can one argue if you can look into the future :) Anyway, I think our 2007-08 team would give this RM team a run for their money. So you don't even have to look that far back to find a United team as good as/close to the current RM team.

If Di Maria is not willing to go a year without CL football, which is a perfectly reasonable position, I'm sure everyone will ignore the simple reality and rush to blame Woodward for being shit.

I find it hard to believe that he cannot forego a year without CL if we throw enough cash at him. Will we do that is another question.

As long as there are signs that we're in for him and that is the reason (if he doesn't come), I'll be fine. But there's no excuse for not going for him, especially as LvG literally said by name that he's the sort of player we need.

If players are willing to play in Ligue 1 then players are willing to move to England and go without Europe for a year. PSG are not winning the champions league anytime soon.

It is already in the process of happening. Look at the amount of "just pay what they want" posts. As if it's that simple.

It is very possible that Di Maria couldn't care less about United and has zero interest in joining us. Pay him massive wages is the retort. Probably from people who have accused other players of being mercenaries.

Most probably.

Everyone seems to think every player will come to us running if we throw money at them despite the fact we're without CL.

Anyway is this happening or not?

CL football is so overrated around here. There are three arguments against it

1. Teams like City, Monaco, PSG still signed players.
2. You could join a team playing CL and they could easily get knocked out in the early stages, Hazard at Chelsea for example. Arsenal for that mater this year could still lose to Besiktas.
3. One year without CL is nothing. We could still get back into the CL next year or the players could ask for a release clause in their contract for no CL next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.