Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen a lot of him recently, how good is he in comparison to other wingers? Or would he likely be played at CM if we did "sign" him....

Words can't even describe.

EDIT: Thought you meant our wingers :lol: - not just in general. Still though, very very good.

Now we know how Ed Woodward conducts his business. Him & Leo have Florentino Perez on a plane invading his dreams. A bid within a bid within a bid inside an even bigger bid.
:lol::lol:

Desperately need to add pace and energy in the team. Noods was spot on with his Zombie passing comments last season.

Di Maria seems to be available and can fulfil a number of roles.

SSN reporting that him and Khedira have asked to leave.
ADM particularly unhappy after an "unnamed" club had a bid rejected.

Doesn't matter how much we bid. Chances are he wants CL football and a warm climate.

We need him more. Unnamed have a much better squad than we do.

If we aren't that unnamed club Eddy needs to go.

For me - This is where he has to put his words to action.
We're sent a winger out to loan and desperately lacking.
LVG has said we're lacking quality wingers and particularly named ADM.

It's lining up perfectly. This is probably why it won't happen.

He can have a warm climate when he's finished playing. Maybe a change would interest him for a few years?
Not playing in the CL doesn't strike me as the kind of change that a top player is going to be after.

That's why we make up for it with over the top wages.
Not every player is solely motivated by money. Also, it's highly unlikely that he's on a pittance at Madrid.

If the situation comes down to joining us, or sticking it out at Madrid for a season, then joining PSG, my money is on the latter.

If we don't get Di Maria now then I'm afraid I've lost all hope. He's there for the taking Woody

United should do to Real Madrid what they do to everyone else. Get players like RVP, Rooney, Mata and Rojo to publically say Di Maria is brilliant and the type of player United should attract. He would be welcomed with open arms. Payback time.

Absolutely, if you can't beat 'em join 'em. If we want to dine at the top table we have to employ RM/Barca/BM tactics.

Not playing in the CL doesn't strike me as the kind of change that a top player is going to be after.

Hopefully the ffp rules will leave him no other option but to come here, if it's a choice of sitting on the bench at Madrid or earning a fortune here he'd hopefully drop his Champions League ambitions.

Woodward did say the best players still wanted to come here and van gaal clearly likes the player. Let's wait and see...:rolleyes:

Woody's currently riding a remote control car with Buzz Lightyear. they're going to catch a very slow-moving Di Maria removal van. Come on, Woody.

If we don't get Di Maria now then I'm afraid I've lost all hope. He's there for the taking Woody

You can't blame it all on him or the club as a whole though. Maybe Di Maria isn't keen on moving to Manchester or doesn't want to be out of the CL for at least a season. These are things which Woody can't change and can do little about. While I don't have a great deal of confidence that we'll get him, the most probable way of getting him will be to offer him crazy wages. We shall see, I think we'll make a move but I don't think we have a great deal of influence here.

United should do to Real Madrid what they do to everyone else. Get players like RVP, Rooney, Mata and Rojo to publically say Di Maria is brilliant and the type of player United should attract. He would be welcomed with open arms. Payback time.
Im not really sure that it is payback when it is what perez wants to happen.

Any minute a journo will pop up with the line " united make clear that di Maria is not on their radar".

It would be a very exciting signing.

But although it wont bother me, is the Caf ready for an expert serial diver like Di Maria? I know not many on here like that kind of shenanigans. In fact people usually slate him when they tune in to watch El Classico each year

Also when he plays bad he is Bebe bad.

It would be a very exciting signing.

But although it wont bother me, is the Caf ready for an expert serial diver like Di Maria? I know not many on here like that kind of shenanigans. In fact people usually slate him when they tune in to watch El Classico each year

Also when he plays bad he is Bebe bad.
I think people have forgotten how hit and miss some of the top wingers in world football are at times due to how bad our wingers have been - he could be a player that some supporters dislike. He reminds me a bit of Nani in terms of his reputation. A lot of people were still critical of him when he had a decent game.

Even Sanchez, who is a very good player, isn't as flawlessly good as people would make out.

Doesn't matter how much we bid. Chances are he wants CL football and a warm climate.

It's going to be us or PSG and Paris isn't exactly a warm city (although despite the weather it does have a London type appeal to it). Hopefully the totally uncompetitive league that is Ligue 1 will make him think twice about joining but I think PSG are favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.