Andy Carroll

Wouldn't mind seeing him at United to be honest - it's always good to have a beast like that in the team. And his all-round play is surprisingly good

I think he'd fit in at any top 4 side to be honest - that's if he keeps himself out of trouble off the pitch.

He's a geordie lad though, so he may well stick with Newcastle. But he is a genuine handful - he should play the target man role for England.

I think he'd fit in at any top 4 side to be honest - that's if he keeps himself out of trouble off the pitch.

He's a geordie lad though, so he may well stick with Newcastle. But he is a genuine handful - he should play the target man role for England.

It won't be long until he's in the England squad.

There's a Heskey shaped hole that you can bet Capello is desperate to fill.

Watched him closley yesterday and came to the conclusion that he is everything that is wrong with English football. Jamie Redknapp (I'm on of the few who usually likes him) was banging on about how is is "the complete striker" and must play for England :wenger:, like feck he should... shite touch, shite movement, but a big strong fecker. If England continue to think that players like this are "complete" then we're in for another half century of this so called hurt.

Drogba is a big strong fecker too but he's also a proper athlete, fast, lovely touch, great technique. Now that's a complete striker Jamie Redknapp you twerp.

Would love to see him at united. Where. Oh. Where are the " Not good enough for united boys"?

here I am right on cue.

Berbatov gets a bashing on here for not being mobile, imagine Carroll in our team :lol:

Noticed also that this appears to be your fave default post, great imagination son:

From the Mourinho thread.
Took the words out of my mouth. :lol:

Where is the " Not good enough for United" brigade?

:boring::boring::boring:

Would love to see him at united. Where. Oh. Where are the " Not good enough for united boys"?

You can add me to that list. I don't think he's good enough. Certainly not yet anyway. He'd be a great option from the bench if we're chasing a goal but as it stands right now he's not even close to being good enough with the ball at his feet.

He's not the kind of player I'd want at United. Good touch for a big man and all, but he's a mid-table player. Could do a job for England though.

He's not the kind of player I'd want at United. Good touch for a big man and all, but he's a mid-table player. Could do a job for England though.

In comparison to who Rowen? Berbatov? Ibrahimovic? Drogba?

Very very average touch in all honesty.

Yup. It's very inconsistant. Sometimes it's quite good and sometimes it's just abysmal.

I was using it as an insult tbh. His touch is average but because he's 6ft7 then it's apparently noteworthy.

here I am right on cue.

Berbatov gets a bashing on here for not being mobile, imagine Carroll in our team :lol:

Noticed also that this appears to be your fave default post, great imagination son:

From the Mourinho thread.

:boring::boring::boring:

:D
I was missing these guys. Just gave them a wake up call. Call it a WUM, if you may.

You can add me to that list. I don't think he's good enough. Certainly not yet anyway. He'd be a great option from the bench if we're chasing a goal but as it stands right now he's not even close to being good enough with the ball at his feet.

Me too, don't want him anywhere near us. The hagrid-looking rapist.

Anyone who thinks Carroll is Utd quality after 2 months of him playing in the premier league needs to open thier eyes!

Good player yes, Champions League quality? No chance.

Slightly better version of Kevin Davies.

You're not making any sense Anver.

Come on, CW.

Some posters here make it as if any player other than a United player is below par. If you read some of the old posts, (cant be arsed looking for them) you would realize where I was getting at.

Come on, CW.

Some posters here make it as if any player other than a United player is below par. If you read some of the old posts, (cant be arsed looking for them) you would realize where I was getting at.

Nonsense, most posters (and I'm guessing you're one of them because you "would love Andy Carroll to sign for United") wank constantly about players from other clubs whilst constantly bitching about our own players.

"We" that don't want us to sign every single player who hits a little form seem to be in the minority.

Come on, CW.

So are you saying you think he is good enough for United?

Well he did say

So I'm guessing YES! anver is obviously just one of those that gets excited about the idea of any new player and tries to make out we're the silly ones because we occasionally doubt certain players' credentials.

I though so but his posts are like some kind of cryptic clue.

Carroll has enormous potential and looking at his work rate I'm sure he will continue to impress.

MU quality? No. But then he is only 21 and is still learning the game...but I'd take him before Macheda.

Anyone who doesn't think he's got a good touch for a big lad (6'3) needs to look more closely when they watch him.

I dont mind United signing English players, so long as they are good at football, that wouldnt be the case here

Anyone who doesn't think he's got a good touch for a big lad (6'3) needs to look more closely when they watch him.

Get to fuuuuuck, he's half an inch taller than Berbatov, one inch taller than Drogba, and 2 inches SHORTER than Ibrahimović. This "he has a good touch for a big man" is bizarre.

Once again I'll say it as it is, very very average touch. Anyone who thinks he's got a good touch for a big lad (6'3) needs to look more closely at other players the same height as him who have an infinite better touch, skill, passing and vision.

The real question is does the big load have a better first touch than Rooney? The sad answer is probably yes, and ROoney is what 5'9''?

The real question is does the big load have a better first touch than Rooney? The sad answer is probably yes, and ROoney is what 5'9''?

Size means f-all. As mentioned, Berba is 6.2 1/2 inches and probably has the best touch in world football. Michael Owen is hardly renowned for his touch is he.

So to sum up Andy Carroll regardless of his height.... average first touch, no pace, no vision, average passer, good header, strong.

Carroll has enormous potential and looking at his work rate I'm sure he will continue to impress.

MU quality? No. But then he is only 21 and is still learning the game...but I'd take him before Macheda.

Agree with it all apart from the touch. His touch is not very good at all. I couldn't give 2 hoots about his size. It's simply not good enough. Like i've mentioned though, sometime's it is very good so I believe he can do it and maybe it's one of those things that will come with time.

Size means f-all. As mentioned, Berba is 6.2 1/2 inches and probably has the best touch in world football. Michael Owen is hardly renowned for his touch is he.

So to sum up Andy Carroll regardless of his height.... average first touch, no pace, no vision, average passer, good header, strong.

He is also good at growing his hair out

I think you're doing him an injustice here Sharky. There's definitely potential on the lad. I agree too much is being made of him right now though.

Get to fuuuuuck, he's half an inch taller than Berbatov, one inch taller than Drogba, and 2 inches SHORTER than Ibrahimović. This "he has a good touch for a big man" is bizarre.

Once again I'll say it as it is, very very average touch. Anyone who thinks he's got a good touch for a big lad (6'3) needs to look more closely at other players the same height as him who have an infinite better touch, skill, passing and vision.

:lol:

No, you'll say it again AS YOU SEE IT. It's your opinion NOT fact. I never said he was the best at what he does so why you felt the need to say others are better I'm not sure.

Usually you find shorter, more compact players have the better touch because it's naturally part of their game whereas big lanky gets like Carroll have their game built around winning balls in the air.

I watch him for 90 mins week in week out and IMO his touch is good and to suggest he has no pace suggests you've been watching someone else.

Why do people say "good touch for a big lad"? I'm massive but probably have the best touch amongst my mates when we play...

Well he did say

So I'm guessing YES! anver is obviously just one of those that gets excited about the idea of any new player and tries to make out we're the silly ones because we occasionally doubt certain players' credentials.

Where have I said 'silly ones' to any posters? Dont put on a cap that was never intended for you.

I remember potentially good players like Bale and Ramsay were classed as not good enough. That was a cliche. Of course they had every right to voice their opinion. I miss those posts. Because there was a bit of irony and fun associated with them.

We have been signing players with 'potential' the past two years. Carrol, too, has potential. Some, oops, many, of you dont share that view. Give him a manager like Fergie, and I feel he could come handy at United. That is my view.

Carroll and Heskey shouldn't be compared. He's more similar to Ruud, or a young Torres to be honest.

I'd Love to see Carroll at United. Him and Rooney would DESTROY defences. His wages would be drastically cheaper than Berbatov's and he can play up top alone and actually make things happen.

I think the lad has what it takes to step up to the next level.