Anderson | 2013/14 Performances (on loan at Fiorentina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timdbro

Who knows, maybe their fans will think he's funny and want to give him "just one more season".

Kostur

海尔的老板
I wonder if Fiora fans were completly clueless about Ando and their initial thoughts were something along 'wow, a player from Manchester United that spent 8 years there and is looking for a new challenge, cool!' just to see this.

They'll probably send us some money plus food at the end of his loan spell because they'll be thinking that we are that poor.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder if Fiora fans were completly clueless about Ando and their initial thoughts were something along 'wow, a player from Manchester United that spent 8 years there and is looking for a new challenge, cool!' just to see this.

They'll probably send us some money plus food at the end of his loan spell because they'll be thinking that we are that poor.
He has spent 8 years with you? A couple more and it'll be testimonial time!

Kostur

海尔的老板
Joined in 2007 actually, so make it 7.

Testimonial for him will be easy to prepare to be fair. McDonald's are renting those little rooms for children parties so we can fit Ando there.

Ekeke

Testimonial will probably be too big a game for him to start in. Bring him off the bench in the 80th minute

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I believe he revised his contract to turn down a testimonial but inserted a clause about taking him to an all you can eat buffet for dinner instead (apparently most of them in manchester have banned him).

On a seperate note I heard man vs food were interested in putting in a bid to replace adam richmond... anderson has described it as his dream move but only god knows what will happen

RedPhil1957

It was a good post because it provides evidence that he did indeed have the interview in question and a more accurate translation shows his comments were very similar to what was originally posted. Andersons claims not to have had the interview were most likely in relation to the specific wording used. The crux of it is either way he pretty much said lots of players want to leave us after being at the club for about 7 years and while United are great and they do everything you would want them to do, its nice to get away and try a different kind of football. For a foreign player thats often the thinking, that you stay for many years and then you leave to try something different and its not a real surprise that he would suggest it. The only problem is how important those current players might be to us and whether we can convince them to want to stick around. Anderson is a non-factor, Vidic is still very useful but he doesnt have much time left, Evra is well past time, Valencia wanting to try a new kind of football is something we've all been hoping to hear for years, Nani whilst talented and we've seen what he can do on form is not as important now we have Januzaj who dribbles a not significant amount less and Mata for the creativity we'd miss. So all in all even if Anderson is spot on its not like our foreign lads who have been there a long time arent replaceable. We're getting to that point where we're replacing them whether they want to stick around or not.

there was no interview quotes were taken from his introduction to Italian press. Basically he said lots of players get to stage of needing a change of club - nothing about United players. When will people realise jounalists write stories combining truth and fiction all the time.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He deserves his testimonial. He has been an influential figure in the dressing room and has always been popular akong fans and players. Never kicked up a fuss and always has good things to say of our club.

I love him.

Ekeke

there was no interview quotes were taken from his introduction to Italian press. Basically he said lots of players get to stage of needing a change of club - nothing about United players. When will people realise jounalists write stories combining truth and fiction all the time.
Where is the correct translation?

KGBhoy

Is anyone following Fiorentina closely? Not even in the squad today for a 2-2 draw with Parma. So football not going well then for him?

Gannicus

What a waste of a decent talent. He had some game, not genius game but he was good enough to carve out a decent professional career. Then came Ronald, not Ronaldo, but Mr. McDonald and he ate his way out of what could have been a tidy little footballer career, perhaps even playing for his country.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Did anyone see the Dr Michael Mosley programme that covered body fat and fitness? I missed it but my Dad was talking about it earlier and said that they did intensive tests on Dr Mosley and it turned out he had a very low natural fitness and very high internal body fat (as in in his veins and arteries). Through no real fault of his own, it doesn't actually matter how much he exercises, his body just doesn't have the capacity to improve it's fitness.

It made me wonder about Anderson. We've all heard the rumours about his lung capacity and criticized him for failing to last anything longer than an hour in games but it does make you wonder if it's something he just can't avoid.

I've always refused to believe that any player at a club like United who have a team of sports scientists who work alongside the football and fitness coaches and measure and calculate every movement they make can somehow get away with being a bit lazy and dip out of fitness training as and when he pleases.

Giggs or Rio said as much in that tour around Carrington, that every player has a personal training plan and if the fitness coaches see that anyone has been slacking off, they'll have a block of extra running or gym work put on their rota.

So maybe it's not so far fetched that he just doesn't have the natural engine and as a result it's always been a massive struggle for him.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
2003 Van Der Vaart
2004 Rooney
2005 Messi
2006 Fabregas
2007 Aguero
2008 Anderson
2009 Pato
2010 Balotelli
2011 Gotze
2012 Isco
2013 Pogba

Golden Boy winners. Pointless nit-picking really but it's a shame he couldn't have turned out even a quarter as good as most of the players on that list.

Timdbro

Did anyone see the Dr Michael Mosley programme that covered body fat and fitness? I missed it but my Dad was talking about it earlier and said that they did intensive tests on Dr Mosley and it turned out he had a very low natural fitness and very high internal body fat (as in in his veins and arteries). Through no real fault of his own, it doesn't actually matter how much he exercises, his body just doesn't have the capacity to improve it's fitness.

It made me wonder about Anderson. We've all heard the rumours about his lung capacity and criticized him for failing to last anything longer than an hour in games but it does make you wonder if it's something he just can't avoid.

I've always refused to believe that any player at a club like United who have a team of sports scientists who work alongside the football and fitness coaches and measure and calculate every movement they make can somehow get away with being a bit lazy and dip out of fitness training as and when he pleases.

Giggs or Rio said as much in that tour around Carrington, that every player has a personal training plan and if the fitness coaches see that anyone has been slacking off, they'll have a block of extra running or gym work put on their rota.

So maybe it's not so far fetched that he just doesn't have the natural engine and as a result it's always been a massive struggle for him.
I saw that program, I like Michael Mosley. I think the only thing that they were showing, though, was that a small proportion of the population (they said about 10%, and this included Mosley) can't increase their V02 Max, i.e. their lung capacity as you say. Mosley did, however, get 'fitter' in the sense of his body composition changing and losing fat. In other words, it's possible that Ando had reached a ceiling as far as his V02Max was concerned, but if he was working his socks off in training and in the gym, it still would have showed on his body.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
2003 Van Der Vaart
2004 Rooney
2005 Messi
2006 Fabregas
2007 Aguero
2008 Anderson
2009 Pato
2010 Balotelli
2011 Gotze
2012 Isco
2013 Pogba

Golden Boy winners. Pointless nit-picking really but it's a shame he couldn't have turned out even a quarter as good as most of the players on that list.
Pato went to shit and I don't really rate Balotelli.

SambaBoy

Surely he will be sold at the end of the season. I doubt Fiorentina would want him considering he's already sort of frozen out there, I would like to see him stay in the Premiership in all honesty, surely someone can take a punt on him, failing that he will most likely return to Brazil.

Such a shame, an a waste of talent. Never understood why we tried to convert him into a deep lying midfielder.

Ekeke

Is anyone following Fiorentina closely? Not even in the squad today for a 2-2 draw with Parma. So football not going well then for him?
I followed his first 2 or 3 games. Went from starting and performing the worst in the team for 2 games and getting subbed off to being an unused sub if I recall.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Mario is a class centre-forward. One of the best young strikers in the game without doubt.
He's an absolute dickhead though, that will stop him ever becoming world class.

Ekeke

He's an absolute dickhead though, that will stop him ever becoming world class.
You mean aside from talent, work rate and fitness him being a dickhead could be another reason why he'll never be world class?

He could be the nicest person in the world and never come close. Thats how good he is

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
I remember a time when my Milan supporting friend wouldn't stop raving about him. Unfortunate, that he could never fulfil his early potential. Mostly injuries though, right?

togg

I'm totally not surprised as to what has happened to him. Anyone could have predicted it after his time here. Loved his jovial personality, but he really was mostly a flop here..injuries or no injuries. Never fulfilled his supposed potential but certainly earned a hell of a lot of money from United....

Status
Not open for further replies.