Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've embarrassed ourselves enough this Summer.

I honestly don't think we should bid for anybody now until we have competent people doing the business.. As it stands this is a joke, and we're even making it more difficult for us to attract any players in the future..

I agree, I cant wait for the window to close now.

Hmmm. There's a more worrying side to this. We joke about 'imposters' but i'm wondering if the club knew exactly what was going on. We would have surely said something if they were pretending to be part of united.

Im hoping that we were not using Herrera as a pawn to try and get the best deal possible for everton, send a couple of 'employees' to broker a deal to show Everton we are not only going for fellaini. There is no way we would not have said something if they were not employed by the club.

If this is true, these tactics could have serious implications in the future.

If the things mentioned in this thread are true then it's more painful than the Liverpool defeat.

Now you understand my bitterness towards this shit. We're not a football club anymore but a mere franchise just like coca cola.

He was plan B if Fellaini fell through IMO.

He's a better than Fellaini, we also need two central midfielders, it's an absolute fecking disgrace. You don't have a player get ready for a medica if you're not serious about signing him. It fecking pathetic, I can't believe we're going to miss out on this lad.

To be fair Bilbao should have really cottoned on when we sent 3 Nigerian Princes in need of somewhere to rest £31m over to Spain to negotiate.

Ed is in charge of that as well so he'll probably end up sacking RVP.

There are those above him. Of course that is assuming even they recognise what a monumental feck up this transfer window, even if we sign Fellaini which I haven't heard anything about in a good while.

He was plan B if Fellaini fell through IMO.

Not an excuse. Senna was a plan B for Hargreaves but we didn't toy with him on deadline day. Only way this is remotely acceptable is if Bilbao asked for a higher valuation that we were not ready to meet. Procedural mess or backup plan are no reasons to dick around with a player. Very unprofessional.

We laughed at City last season. They were nowhere near to the levels of ineptitude that we've reached in this window.

Feel for the lad. Looked like he did all he could to get the move done, shambolic from our end.

On the BBC

Spanish football writer Andy West: "Some bizarre reports coming out regarding United's collapsed Herrera deal. Apparently a group of men claiming to be United representatives spent an hour at the La Liga offices in Madrid today, but it turns out they had nothing to do with the club and were presumably just attempting to get a cut of the deal in an elaborate fraud.
"Must be stressed these are just rumours but the Spanish media have published pictures of men in black suits - supposedly the United "representatives" - coming out of the league offices carrying briefcases.
"All very strange and no doubt the truth will come out in the next few days."

I'm sorry but :lol: :lol:

Hmmm. There's a more worrying side to this. We joke about 'imposters' but i'm wondering if the club knew exactly what was going on. We would have surely said something if they were pretending to be part of united.

Im hoping that we were not using Herrera as a pawn to try and get the best deal possible for everton, send a couple of 'employees' to broker a deal to show Everton we are not only going for fellaini. There is no way we would not have said something if they were not employed by the club.

If this is true, these tactics could have serious implications in the future.

That would be stupid he is better than Fellaini, are we even going to get Fellaini. If we don't I wouldn't want to be at the next home game.

Can anyone sum up exactly what the feck has happened here?

Fake reps? WTF?

I don't even know what this means

How the feck can we say 'Nah, that buyout is too high, are you sure it isn't lower? I'm sure you can go lower'. feck sake, what a joke. Just pay the money.

Can anyone sum up exactly what the feck has happened here?

Fake reps? WTF?

Basically we have fecked up a deal as spectacularly as possible and as publicly as we can whilst fecking around with a poor young fella who really wanted to join the club and did everything he could to get a deal through but still, we fecked it up.

wow. caf's back.

I hope the people responsible for this are dealt with. Laughable coming from a club like ours.

Honestly would much rather have paid a little extra to get him than Fellaini if that deal even happens. Seems quite harsh on the player as well who has seemingly done what he could, but we don't really know whats happened so can't speculate too much.

That better be Jamie Jackson's idea of a joke.

Why the hell would we be messing about like that with hours to go of the Window, days or weeks maybe but Monday 2nd? Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.