Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it will happen, because it would be incredibly stupid to wait until the last day of the window to bid a release clause amount for someone. It could be done at any time during the window, so if we were willing to pay that much why didn't we just do it? Especially as everyone knows thats how Bilbao do business.

Has anything we've done this window made sense though?

I don't think it will happen, because it would be incredibly stupid to wait until the last day of the window to bid a release clause amount for someone. It could be done at any time during the window, so if we were willing to pay that much why didn't we just do it? Especially as everyone knows thats how Bilbao do business.

We've let Fellaini's release clause expire and are now going in hard for him by all accounts.

Logic doesn't play a role in the world of Woody.

The Herrera stuff just seemed to have snowballed from the Guillem Balague tweet, which is rather worrying.

:lol: this is gunna be cruel when it doesn't happen.

Sid Lowe:
Athletic Bilbao remain steadfast in their refusal to voluntarily sell Ander Herrera. Manchester United’s ability to sign the midfielder will depend on their resolve to test the rules governing buy-out clauses in Spain and the response of the league and the tax authorities to their actions.
Here, it becomes very complicated in theory.
Every player in Spain has a formal rescission clause, registered with the league which fixes the amount at which a player can unilaterally end his contract and move to another club. That player deposits the amount stipulated in his clause (in Herrera’s case, €36m) with the league and is then free to move.
Clubs agreed in principle that if another club pays the buy-out clause they will sell at that total price, meaning that the player does not actually pay the money: it effectively becomes a transfer like any other. But when it is a hostile bid, two other scenarios open up: one, that the club accepts the buy-out fee but, as all Spanish companies do, adds VAT (at 21%). And two, when the club does not accept the fee at all, the player deposits the money at the league himself.
Of course, in practice Herrera does not have €36m lying around, so United could in theory pay the money on his behalf. Yet that could be challenge by both the tax authorities and the league itself as the player would strictly be liable for 50% income tax.
None of this has been tested and some experts believe United would face no legal challenge. And yet the whole transfer is complicated enough to cause a few headaches on both sides.

FOX Soccer ‏@FOXSoccer 2m
Report: The Guardian reports that Man Utd's hopes of signing Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao has run aground -- for tax reasons.

No it hasn't. He's been linked with a move here for a good while now, from various sources.

Sorry, I mean the second bid. According to sky sports sources... what If the soruce this time is guillem we already know hes not in the know at all.

Sid Lowe's been being a cnut throughout this entire thing. Don't believe a word he says.

Anybody who seriously believed we were going to sign a central midfielder deserves to be crushed.

Just feck off. feck off. Leaving this shit until the last fecking day, we deserve everything we get.

That's what you fecking get for having it run down to the wire. Absolutely sickening, if true. Amateur hour in Woody's office.

FOX Soccer ‏@FOXSoccer 2m
Report: The Guardian reports that Man Utd's hopes of signing Ander Herrera from Athletic Bilbao has run aground -- for tax reasons.

I wouldn't pay any attention to this tweet.

Just feck off. feck off. Leaving this shit until the last fecking day, we deserve everything we get.

Yeah, with all the complications, if we had to pay the release clause anyways, we should have had this wrapped up earlier. Really boggles my mind how we've gone about things this summer.

Let's hope it happens, but I've become pessimistic about any transfers that have to do with United.

I know, mate but today Sky, Mitten and even Belgian F.A. are involved in reporting United's activity which finally gives some reason for optimism.

Enjoy the transfer ride, while it lasts. It's probably gonna get even better near 9 pm.

No worries, Herrera and Fellaini will both be ours by the end of the day. I'm just wondering if we have time to sign a third player before the deadline.

To be fair Sid Lowe's not really said it's 100% off, just saying it looks like Herrera will have to pay his clause and we MAY find ourselves having a legal challenge but it's doubtful.

Ok, the hope meters and going down.... Not long before the rage and tears and desperation return !

He's not said anything new, calm down all.

Status
Not open for further replies.