Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange that we're prepared to bid a shit load more on this 24 year old non capped player than a genuine world class player in Fabregas.

Wages aside, from the little I've seen (4-5 games) this chap is more what we have needed all along.

Him being actively involved in facilitating the move is pleasing as well.

If Everton persist on wanting silly money for Fellaini they can go do one AFAIC.

Herrera, Zaha and Varela, with Rooney and Nani staying? I'd be delighted if that's the outcome.

Strange that we're prepared to bid a shit load more on this 24 year old non capped player than a genuine world class player in Fabregas.

Why are people still doing this? Fabregas just wasn't there for the taking. Barca were unwilling to sell. A 40m bid wouldn't have gotten him either.

Stop toying with my cock twitter. Please.

Wages aside, from the little I've seen (4-5 games) this chap is more what we have needed all along.

Him being actively involved in facilitating the move is pleasing as well.

If Eveton persist on wanting silly money for Fellaini they can go do one AFAIC.

Herrera, Zaha and Varela, with Rooney and Nani staying? I'd be delighted if that's the outcome.

Agree with this.

Even now I'm still not totally sold on Fellaini but I've got virtually no doubts about Herrera.

My one regret is that we didn't trigger his release clause a year ago and do the same with Javi Martinez to get them both from Bilbao.

Is he supposed to be our creativity?

He had 2 goals and 2 assists in 34 games last season :nervous:

My one regret is that we didn't trigger his release clause a year ago and do the same with Javi Martinez to get them both from Bilbao.

You could say the same about Ozil going for peanuts to Real, or Vidal to Juve... Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I feel somewhat jealous of how good Ozil would be for Arsenal, but what we need is a CM. Whatever we would want Ozil to do we should be expecting Kagawa and/or Rooney to do.

Midfield sorted if this goes through. Take it!

Can I just ask, are all of these rumours about Herrera, including the 'Sky Sources' based on Ballague's claims? If so, I'm very nervous. If we actually don't sign him, it will literally be the end of any remaining credibility than Ballague holds.

Makes sense, about the same level of goals and assists pr. game. So he is the assisster to the assist?

Yep, the stat downing is the bestest.

Seriously, he brings the ball forward but he isn't a midfielder who score much (like Vidal) or who makes assists. He is a good all rounded midfielder. His tackle stats are impressive (didn't know that he is that good at it), his passing is decent and he has a very good engine.

That's showbusiness for ya... showbusiness..... (Jazz hands)

URL]

Can I just ask, are all of these rumours about Herrera, including the 'Sky Sources' based on Ballague's claims? If so, I'm very nervous. If we actually don't sign him, it will literally be the end of any remaining credibility than Ballague holds.
Unfortunately it does seem that way, I'm still expecting a triple swoop of Barton, Nolan and Cattermole

Andy Mitten is another source

36m is probably over paying but it's necessary at this stage. We over payed for Carrick too, it ended up being worth it in the long term. Hopefully we'll get Herrera and he'll end up being a key part of our team for years to come.

Dermot Corrigan
‏@dermotmcorrigan
The usually on the ball @NikaCuenca of AS claims Ander Herrera will take a pay-cut from €4 million to €3 million a year to join Man United.

Why are people still doing this? Fabregas just wasn't there for the taking. Barca were unwilling to sell. A 40m bid wouldn't have gotten him either.

You don't know that. Barca wouldn't sell for £30m; the only way to find out if they'd sell for a proper bid was to make one. Someone may contemptuously reject a £200k bid for a house worth £300k, but if offered £350k they ring up furniture removals.

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 3h
Ander Herrera is prepared to lower his annual wage demand to €4m from €6m to ensure his transfer to United goes through. [el mundo]

"Poor" guy. It's quite obvious we're looking to save a penny wherever we can. A spending fest was never on the cards this summer, despite what Woody and Moyes would have us believe in July.

The English version of Cuenca's story on Herrera to United in AS is now available for those who don't have Spanish (link).

Ok. How much time before the panic starts again ?
Something like 6 or 7 hours left, right ? And we have nothing more substantial than tweets so far.

Ok. How much time before the panic starts again ?
Something like 6 or 7 hours left, right ? And we have nothing more substantial than tweets so far.

In less than 6 hours this will be over, one way or another. Mass ejaculation or muppet fury? We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.