Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the past there were many examples of player-manager. We have a player-coach. Why not a player-CEO?

If we don't sign anyone we may see Woodward in CM next year.

Really pleased with this 1.

He may not be as fancy as Thiago, but he may potentially turn out to be just as important to us.

He never seems to stand still which i like about him, its all pass and move. ATTACK THE feckING SPACE HERRERA

So I dont know much about this player, please tell me about him, hes not an attacking midfielder like Ozil is he? what is he a CM with a deadly pass? good on the ball a dribbler a tackler?

Actually, all of the above. Well, except for the Ozil bit really.

The AS article via Google translate
Ander Herrera deposited today its clause of 36 millioneuros to sign for Manchester United with a contract that is between 4 and 5 seasons of life. Given that the English club could not be done with Mesut Özil services, has launched a last-minute offensive player of the Athletic, initially took for buried the possibility of leaving Old Trafford. Late last night, Manchester United made ​​an attempt over 30 million 6 variables and Josu Urrutia decided not to accept. It had to be the player, waiving fees proffered United, who have supplemented the agreement. Ander Herrera was going to see something more than 4 million per season and go to the English club winning 3. This will force the Athletic to move quickly in the coming hours. Following payment clause of one of his players, has a moratorium of one month, but if you want to add a player from abroad, for example Azpilicueta, would have to do today.

M2no8uk.png

This means he probably speaks English too, right? I like that, that will obviously help him a lot to settle.

Strange that we're prepared to bid a shit load more on this 24 year old non capped player than a genuine world class player in Fabregas.

I'm so giddy at the moment. We get him and Fellaini and I'll consider this a very good transfer window.

Erm, not entirely. Timing plays a big part and thanks in large part to us not strengthening sooner, we've played two of the biggest games of our season already and have 1 point to show for them.

Sorry, meant for a relatively low profile player. it's unheard of for us to smash 36m on a player like this with no bonuses or addons or whatever involved.

Also, it's not always up front. Ashley Young, for example

Ashley Young's fee was undisclosed, what makes you think we paid in installments?

Addon clauses aren't the same thing btw.

Strange that we're prepared to bid a shit load more on this 24 year old non capped player than a genuine world class player in Fabregas.

Strange that people still don't seem to ever take into account wages when looking at the cost of transfers.

We always pay up front, not sure what he's talking about.
No we certainly do not! Most of our transfer fees are paid in instalments, just as 90% of other clubs do too. If you look at the accounts of most clubs, they all have debt owed to other clubs in transfer fees. I don't know where you got the idea that we paid it all in one lump sum upfront. This simply isn't true, have a look at the club's accounts or read any of swiss ramble's posts.

The berbatov fee was also paid in installments. So like Cina said, paying this all in one go is a big deal for the club and it'll be interesting to see how they manage it as we have outstanding payments on previous transfers left to be paid in instalments.

Strange that people still don't seem to ever take into account wages when looking at the cost of transfers.
Yeah, £3m a year for Herrera over 5 years and he costs us £50m over a 5-year deal. Fabregas would probably be on £7m+ a year which would amount to £35m in wages alone.

ESPN claiming 'Old Trafford sources' tell them its on (link).

Status
Not open for further replies.