Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Herrera has yet to win a cap with a national team which pride the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Martinez, Thiago and Alonso. I wonder how many British CMs would be able to win first team caps if they had to compete with such talent.

wasn't peter o'sullivan that one who got caught in a compromised position with a doberman?

Herrera has yet to win a cap with a national team which pride the likes of Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Martinez, Thiago and Alonso. I wonder how many British CMs would be able to win first team caps if they had to compete with such talent.
Clevs would be a regular for them.

Considering that Martinez has only 14 games for Spain, Isco only 1 and Thiago only 4, I don't think that there is any shame for Herrera to not have played a game for them yet. Illarramendi has yet to play for Spain

On the other side if we look at the most promising English midfielders, Cleverley has 10, Wilshere has 8 while Henderson has 5. I think that only Wilshere could have been capped for Spain (if they were Spanish) and even that is a big doubt.

Anyone care to summarize? Is this on?

Jeston says it, therefore it's the new law.

Considering that Martinez has only 14 games for Spain, Isco only 1 and Thiago only 4, I don't think that there is any shame for Herrera to not have played a game for them yet.

On the other side if we look at the most promising English midfielders, Clevrley has 10, Wilshere has 8 while Henderson has 5. I think that only Wilshere could have been capped for Spain (if they were Spanish) and even that is a big doubt.

I can only think of three English CMs who may make it which are Carrick, Wilshere and Gerrard. None them would be a first team regular though.

Someone whip up a quick formation on how we fit Carrick, Herrera and Fellaini in the same team. I'm struggling.

Someone whip up a quick formation on how we fit Carrick, Herrera and Fellaini in the same team. I'm struggling.
We don't. We'll rotate them and Cleverley, or use Fellaini as #10 like Moyes did at Everton. There are plenty of games.

------------------De Gea--------------------
Rafael------Rio----------Vidic-----------Evra

------------Felliani--------Carrick------------

-------------------Herrera-------------------

Nani------------------------------------Rooney

--------------------RVP-----------------------

That's if you are really capable of drawing any real conclusions from a 7-minute video of a player touching the ball. I know I can't, the only way I'm ever going to be able to judge a player is if I watch them a few times in a full game. Long videos of every touch do nothing for me except boring me to death. Pointless is perhaps a strong word here, I just don't find them particularly useful and can't really go through one without yawning.

Finding them boring is fine, not everyone can enjoy watching side passes, basic moves etc, a Xavi video is mind-numbing for most people.. my mates who I wouldn't criticise with regards to their footballing knowledge don't have the patience to watch such vids and furthermore I enjoy your posts, so am aware you're not an idiot on football matters either. But pointless and not useful? thats just ignorance, for the player themselves an incredibly useful tool to assess their own decision-making and areas to improve on and for coaches an excellent tool to assess a players strengths and weaknesses. Agree with you that 2-3 video's is not something worth assessing a player on, but neither is 2-3 live games... a video is an objective form of analysis, whereas when you watch a game you can overlook alot of things because a player done something which made a big impression on you i.e. a 20 yard wonder goal.

Again to summarise, not particularly riveting for the vast majoity of football fans, I get that but useless? nope, plain wrong imo.

I can only think of three English CMs who may make it which are Carrick, Wilshere and Gerrard. None them would be a first team regular though.
Gerrard wouldn't get close these days.

Carrick might play and Wilshere probably would sporadically too.

I was talking about the players who are of similar age. Carrick wouldn't be sure (considering that Martinez, Illarramendi, Alonso and Busquets plays essentially there) for a big tournament, Gerrard now wouldn't have a hope to be there while I have my doubts that Wilshere would have been capped for them (Thiago is a better player and after all has only 4 caps).

Spain have very quality midfielders and if a 24 years old haven't played for them yet, it means nothing. Especially with a cautious manager like Del Bosque who doesn't like to change things that much.

...........Fellaini............
...Carrick.....Herrera.....
Kagawa...............Rooney
...............RVP..............

------------------De Gea--------------------
Rafael------Rio----------Vidic-----------Evra

------------Felliani--------Carrick------------

-------------------Herrera-------------------

Nani------------------------------------Rooney

--------------------RVP-----------------------

Hmmm.

I was talking about the players who are of similar age. Carrick wouldn't be sure (considering that Martinez, Illarramendi, Alonso and Busquets plays essentially there) for a big tournament, Gerrard now wouldn't have a hope to be there while I have my doubts that Wilshere would have been capped for them (Thiago is a better player and after all has only 4 caps).

Spain have very quality midfielders and if a 24 years old haven't played for them yet, it means nothing. Especially with a cautious manager like Del Bosque who doesn't like to change things that much.

I agree.

However I believe that Carrick would be more appreciated on the continent then in Britain.

...........Fellaini............
...Carrick.....Herrera.....
Kagawa...............Rooney
...............RVP..............

Another good looking one, but this one will be very narrow playing indeed.

Feck it, options are a plenty if we pull this off I suppose, and that can't be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.