Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should aim for players who are known to the EPL. To think that Flamini, Adam and Henderson were all available in the past 1-2 years. Who needs a former European U21 Championship winner and an instrumental member of a team who reached the UEFA final (humilating us in the process) when you can have these EPL known talent?

How about going for Fellaini for 2/3 price and be done with it.. We got Powell, Henriquez and Januzaj coming up so no need for him.. But if he was to come today I will be 100% behind him to become that new Messi..

I find them a lot less pointless than a highlight video of about 50 games.
But they're incredibly boring. Like the Thiago video someone posted before Bayern got him where 80% of it would consist of him running five yards with the ball and passing it to someone near him or him being fouled around the middle circle. It's literally impossible to go through a 8-minute video of a player running around. The video of Kondogbia I saw once is amongst the most pointless videos I've ever seen, it was basically like watching Nyan cat for 10 minutes. The fact that they usually go in pair with some completely irrelevant music like Clocks by Coldplay makes me cry.

How close is he to making into the Spain squad? I don't think a player who isn't in their national team has ever cost so much (certainly ones we've bought).

We broke the British transfer record for Andy Cole at a time when he had one cap for England.

They're almost annoying as those compilation videos where you can't actually see any of the action because of all the jump cuts and other useless effects.
With obligatory Muse song in the background.

Am I the only one who finds all these videos with all player's touches from a game slightly boring? I'll see them, find them pointless and then someone will appear on here and tell they're amazing. It's fecked up.

Pointless? just a retarded statement. They tell you far more about a player than a clip of their best bits from a seasons worth of games which can make anyone look like Messi and especially for a midfielder... pass completion, movement etc, they're essential.

Can anyone confirm this?

I just reading between the line tbh mate and going off what SSN have said.

I know that if we can reach an agreement with them, without activating that release clause, be it paying more or full cash up front, will enable us to sign him without paying that tax.

How about going for Fellaini for 2/3 price and be done with it.. We got Powell, Henriquez and Januzaj coming up so no need for him.. But if he was to come today I will be 100% behind him to become that new Messi..

You do realise that Henriquez is a striker and Januzaj isn't a central midfielder either?

I guess so. We're overpaying by a good 7-8 million pounds IMO. But feck it, we all know what the situation is - get the job done.

Well given our current situation any club would make us overpay I guess.

Sky Sports reporting we are willing to match the release clause and not just Balague.

Looks possible. Why we have waited till the last day to hit a release clause I have no idea.

How about bringing in Felliani and him and get rid of those that year after year have failed to reach the expectations set? Who knows maybe we may be in a position to allow Giggs to retire now

Pointless? just a retarded statement. They tell you far more about a player than a clip of their best bits from a seasons worth of games which can make anyone look like Messi and especially for a midfielder... pass completion, movement etc, they're essential.

That's if you are really capable of drawing any real conclusions from a 7-minute video of a player touching the ball. I know I can't, the only way I'm ever going to be able to judge a player is if I watch them a few times in a full game. Long videos of every touch do nothing for me except boring me to death. Pointless is perhaps a strong word here, I just don't find them particularly useful and can't really go through one without yawning.

Edit - Fair to say that Mitten's tweet has already been posted.

Steadfastly refusing to believe this. I'm guarding myself against the inevitable crushing disappointment.

I can't wait for someone to point out that he had .17 less key passes per game than some random PL midfielder and had .12 less interceptions per game than someone else.

Would be happy if we get him and Fellaini. Just hope this happens in time now...

Status
Not open for further replies.