Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graham Hunter has said this deal is dead as we're refusing to stump up the extra 7 mill to meet the release clause.

Your optimism is a ray of penis in the midst of dark, stormy clouds of penis for me.

Hmmm, that sounds like something Steve would write.

now it sounds like something steve would write.

Graham Hunter has said this deal is dead as we're refusing to stump up the extra 7 mill to meet the release clause.

Please God don't let that be true. It would mean that Woody is actually mentally handicapped.

If that is true then I'm done. And I'd actually start shifting blame to Moyes himself as he knows the issue we had yesterday. After the final whistle he should've called Woody and said just spend the fecking money and get me those players or be happy with Europa League

That's basically what Athletic felt yesterday. They turned down our bid, pointed at the release clause figure and we didn't call back. I hope it's because we needed to sleep on it.

That was someone else. Karlsen seems to be pretty level-headed and I think he was off Twitter last year while he was Director of Football for some shit club.

I think Karlsen comes across as a massive cnut, not sure why.

Arghhhh we're becoming a laughing stock, how can you keep claiming the monies there and then keep pulling out of deals for the sake of a few million.

feck Woodward and feck Moyes for feeding us bullshit.

So if we do let this deal fall done over €6-7m, what were we expecting to happen with a bid like that? We all know what Bilbao are like in terms of fees and getting the deal they want, so did we really think they were going to accept it?

At times it looks like we want the market to adapt to us, rather than the other way around. It's all well and good having a valuation of a player and sticking to it, but when your main rivals don't work that way sometimes you have to make exceptions on footballing grounds.

So if we do let this deal fall done over €6-7m, what were we expecting to happen with a bid like that? We all know what Bilbao are like in terms of fees and getting the deal they want, so did we really think they were going to accept it?

At times it looks like we want the market to adapt to us, rather than the other way around. It's all well and good having a valuation of a player and sticking to it, but when your main rivals don't work that way sometimes you have to make exceptions on footballing grounds.

Does Woodward though? It's well known he's not a football man, its hardly beyond the realms of possiblity that he doesn't know about Bilbao's Cantera policy and thought he was dealing with a normal club.

Really, the best example is Bayern. Many people thought that paying €40m for Javi Martinez was crazy but in the end it was money well spent, it turned them from nearly men into Europe's dominant force.

Does Woodward though? It's well known he's not a football man, its hardly beyond the realms of possiblity that he doesn't know about Bilbao's Cantera policy and thought he was dealing with a normal club.

Come on now, don't be daft. This guy's been around the football club for a while now and he has much the same team alongside him. Do you honestly think we'd have promoted him if he didn't know the business inside out? What he doesn't know he'll quickly find out by talking to the right people.

yeah it's crazy really, I'm not sure how the club could ever think €30m was likely to be accepted. Look how much bayern had to fork out to them to get Martinez. Real paid €38m for a player at a similar level to Herrera this Summer. Our club are just stuck in 2005, and some of what we've been offering for players this Summer has been absolutely mental for a club as supposedly rich as us in the current transfer market.

To be fair, that would be a disgrace. He should have been informed of that, at least.

Come on now, don't be daft. This guy's been around the football club for a while now and he has much the same team alongside him. Do you honestly think we'd have promoted him if he didn't know the business inside out? What he doesn't know he'll quickly find out by talking to the right people.

I don't think it particularly daft, we know his experience is on the business side of the club and that he's not a football man. Of course he should have people around him advising him, but I don't think its exactly beyond the realms of possibility that he didn't really know what Bilbao were about when making the first bid.

The first bid doesn't make sense if he did know that Bilbao can't replace him, because he should know that they don't do 'deals' like other clubs.

on the other hand it sounds likely
That's why he's reporting it - because it sounds likely given our transfer exploits this year, he has no knowledge on the matter to pass, only guesses. We won't sign him but that won't be because we don't want to spend, it'll be simply because there isn't enough time left to prepare a bid.

I know I posted a link saying it yesterday but I genuinely can't believe we're not going to make the effort to sign Herrera.

That's why he's reporting it - because it sounds likely given our transfer exploits this year, he has no knowledge on the matter to pass, only guesses. We won't sign him but that won't be because we don't want to spend, it'll be simply because there isn't enough time left to prepare a bid.

woody didn't grasp the concept of transfer window yet ;)

feck sake, yesterday (especially after the match) I was pretty sure that we're going to sign Herrera. Now I think that Woody is even a bigger tard than I thought.

Kevin is an open WUM right? What with his heralding of Barry/Parker... and constantly calling Fellaini "exhilirating"... it's the only logical conclusion I can make.

Kevin is an open WUM right? What with his heralding of Barry/Parker... and constnatly calling Fellaini "exhilirating"... it's the only logical conclusion I can make.
If he isn't, then he's a complete nutter. I have him on ignore for today. Its bliss.

Status
Not open for further replies.