Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was someone else. Karlsen seems to be pretty level-headed and I think he was off Twitter last year while he was Director of Football for some shit club.

That was someone else. Karlsen seems to be pretty level-headed and I think he was off Twitter last year while he was Director of Football for some shit club.

Ah. Didn't remember seeing a lot of tweets from him until this summer after last year. Would make sense that's why.

Just torrented Bilbao's match against us at OT, watched the first 20 minutes and I am convinced that Ander is the guy we need. Very good passer, tackles well and even did the step over to ghost past a player in centre midfield. Going to sleep now, really hope we have him signed up when I wake up.

All reports I'm reading focus on doubts as to whether we'll stump up the release clause. That's right, United may be unprepared to add an extra €6m.

For the love of God, just sign this lad!

I just think we are running out of time, unless something has been agreed last night

Why can every one of our rivals do a deal quickly but not us? By all accounts, we are a mere €6m off the release clause. It's fecking peanuts for a club like us!

Why can every one of our rivals do a deal quickly but not us? By all accounts, we are a mere €6m off the release clause. It's fecking peanuts for a club like us!
Most other teams have sugar daddies we are run as a buisness and quite rightly. We seen what has happened to Malaga and Ahzni this could easily happen to Chelsea or City,

But why the heck would you bid so close to a players release fee and not be willing to pay the full price? We'll se how it ends over the course of the next 16 hours, but excuse me for not having much faith in old Woody.

But why the heck would you bid so close to a players release fee and not be willing to pay the full price? We'll se how it ends over the course of the next 16 hours, but excuse me for not having much faith in old Woody.
And that too so close to the end of the window. Like feck they were going to accept it. Just seems to be our typical trying to be overly clever (and cheap) tactic.

Most other teams have sugar daddies we are run as a buisness and quite rightly. We seen what has happened to Malaga and Ahzni this could easily happen to Chelsea or City,

We overpay for players we don't need all the time. However, when it comes to a player that we desperately need, and we are desperate, then we don't want to be taken to the cleaners.

Also, what happened to Malaga and Anzhi is not going to happen to Chelsea or City. Don't even fool yourself into thinking that.

I see your point, but €6m does not constitute a gross overspend for United - especially when it's to strengthen an area of the pitch we have skimped on for years. It's less than what Bebe cost us.

We're obsessed with a dated definition of value in the transfer market. Even Arsenal - ARSENAL! - are set to break the £40m mark, which is an indicator, as if it was needed, that the market has moved on.

Arsenal and Liverpool will have bigger record signings than us now?

We overpay for players we don't need all the time. However, when it comes to a player that we desperately need, and we are desperate, then we don't want to be taken to the cleaners.

Also, what happened to Malaga and Anzhi is not going to happen to Chelsea or City. Don't even fool yourself into thinking that.
You would be more of a fool to think it couldn't! All it takes is one man to have a change of heart on a whim and they are bust!

You would be more of a fool to think it couldn't! All it takes is one man to have a change of heart on a whim and they are bust!

Who the feck cares about what happens to them? What does that have to do with anything? If they go bust, they go bust. Whatever. We need a player desperately now, we know his price, we're about €6m away from it, just get it done.

Chelsea are close to breaking even. City have invested heavily in their academy. Both of them have won the Premier League and Champions League in the past two seasons. They are not going anywhere anytime soon.

Who the feck cares about what happens to them? What does that have to do with anything? If they go bust, they go bust. Whatever. We need a player desperately now, we know his price, we're about €6m away from it, just get it done.

I'm actually beginning to wonder if we only bid 26m and not 30m, which would explain why we aren't ready to stump out the release clause.

It would be really weird if we didn't bid again for Ander. I interpreted the initial bid as testing the waters to see if they were open to selling him, and now it seems they are, why weren't we right back in there? Just get this one done. If we're seriously getting stingy over €6m, something is wrong.

I'm actually beginning to wonder if we only bid 26m and not 30m, which would explain why we aren't ready to stump out the release clause.

If we don't pay it, I'll spend the season being very angry about the 18m we spent on Ashley Young who really should have been sold this summer.

If we don't pay it, I'll spend the season being very angry about the 18m we spent on Ashley Young who really should have been sold this summer.

We spent 18m on the new Quinton Fortune.

Shit? It was Monaco.

I don't know of course but I guess there's some fear of a Andy Carroll moment marking the first signing of a new era. We might also have put in half a dozen bids on various players last week and this is just one of the ones we know about. I can't believe we'd quit over 6m Euros at this stage of the window, but it is true when you walk into an auction room you'd better know what you're planning to bid.

So, Herrera then, I admit I had kind of forgotten about him because we weren't being linked any more. He had a disappointing season last year, like the rest of Athletic but it has made me look back on a few matches to try and remember in what way it was poor for him.

The comparison I'm going to make is going to get howled down, but I'll make it anyway - it is not a comparison of playing style or even standard, maybe just one of apparent mentality. When the team struggled Herrera tried to make something happen, more tackling, more roaming around, more risky passes and more runs into trouble - Steve Gerrard like. Unusual from a Spanish player and often frowned on by commentators, but his failings came from trying to do too much.

Athletic fans will tell you a lot of moves last year broke down with him, but I'm going to say that's because he was in the middle of everything, trying to make something happen, not because he was incompetent.

In fact the more I think about it, the better I like him.

I don't know of course but I guess there's some fear of a Andy Carroll moment marking the first signing of a new era. We might also have put in half a dozen bids on various players last week and this is just one of the ones we know about. I can't believe we'd quit over 6m Euros at this stage of the window, but it is true when you walk into an auction room you'd better know what you're planning to bid.

So, Herrera then, I admit I had kind of forgotten about him because we weren't being linked any more. He had a disappointing season last year, like the rest of Athletic but it has made me look back on a few matches to try and remember in what way it was poor for him.

The comparison I'm going to make is going to get howled down, but I'll make it anyway - it is not a comparison of playing style or even standard, maybe just one of apparent mentality. When the team struggled Herrera tried to make something happen, more tackling, more roaming around, more risky passes and more runs into trouble - Steve Gerrard like. Unusual from a Spanish player and often frowned on by commentators, but his failings came from trying to do too much.

Athletic fans will tell you a lot of moves last year broke down with him, but I'm going to say that's because he was in the middle of everything, trying to make something happen, not because he was incompetent.

In fact the more I think about it, the better I like him.

Now you making me want us to sign him even more! I'd much rather spend money on a player who tries to "stand up and be counted" when the going gets tough, even if it doesn't come off, versus someone who goes missing.

What I absolutely like about Herrera is that grit he has about him, which is almost unusual for Spanish midfielders. He's got the subtetly where he can glide past someone, but he loves getting stuck in as well. Bid the extra fecking 6M Woody :mad:

jojojo's recommendation should be good enough for Woodward and co. And I'm serious.

DeadKermit.png

I think this will happen, and if the club really refuse him over 6m then my faith in Woody will be evaporated forever.

I think this will happen, and if the club really refuse him over 6m then my faith in Woody will be evaporated forever.

Your optimism is a ray of sunshine in the midst of dark, stormy clouds of bitterness for me.

Hmmm, that sounds like something Steve would write.

Status
Not open for further replies.