Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to be a lot of money for a player who may be a couple of levels below Fabregas.

Oh, you will certainly overpay for him, if you trigger his release clause. Quite a lot actually. Under normal circumstances Herrera would be probably worth 20-25 Mil €.

Herrera is a really good player, who would strengthen United´s midfield, but he is neither proven world class like Fabregas nor has the potential to reach that level.

If I compare him to the likes of Wilshere, Thiago or Gündogan there is a clear difference in overall ability.

We're forever 'poised' to make a bid or 'preparing' a bid. Just offer the release clause amount an get it done.

Thats the clubs fault not Moyes, although it could be said he should insist on getting his targets. He said from day one we needed a few midfielders not one.

I don't just see how we'll sign a 25-30m player and then bench him. We play with a midfield two and one of them would get benched for most of the season. Unless Fellaini is signed to play in the hole (scary, I know).

Then considering the current prices, I'd say £30m is just about right.

I think that it is. He is of similar quality and potential to Ilarramendi. Probably a bit better though Ilarra had a better season.

You wonder why we didn't do a deal on Fellaini at the start of the summer then surely? Given his release clause.

We didnt do anything at the start of the summer. Moyes said he didnt do anything before he started the job. I imagine he wanted to get Fabregas first and since then we know he has bid for him at least twice.

I don't just see how we'll sing a 25-30m player and then bench him. We play with a midfield two and one of them would get benched for most of the season. Unless Fellaini is signed to play in the hole (scary, I know).

I think that it is. He is of similar quality and potential to Ilarramendi. Probably a bit better though Ilarra had a better season.

Revan we need depth. If we dont buy anyone and Carrick is injured for the season we are fecked plain and simple.

:nervous:

Too much excitement for one day, I think I need to go to sleep :o

If I compare him to the likes of Wilshere, Thiago or Gündogan there is a clear difference in overall ability.

I agree. But then, THiago and Gundogan are the best young midfielders in the world and unless something bad happens, they'll be the best midfielders in the world. I think that it is unfair to them to put Wilshere there, he hasn't shown anything to deserve that. Pogba IMO is the third best young midfielder in Europe.

Herrera won't ever be in their category, but he'll be a great signing for us and easily our second best midfielder. He'll be one of the best CM in England very soon too.

We didnt do anything at the start of the summer. Moyes said he didnt do anything before he started the job. I imagine he wanted to get Fabregas first and since then we know he has bid for him at least twice.

We made a bid for Baines in late June.

Revan we need depth. If we dont buy anyone and Carrick is injured for the season we are fecked plain and simple.

For that I would have preferred if we would have gone for a young midfielder (with a lot of potential) as a cover for Carrick (McCarthy, Kongodbia etc). I don't think Fellaini would be happy to come here and play when we need to rest Carrick.

I agree. But then, THiago and Gundogan are the best young midfielders in the world and unless something bad happens, they'll be the best midfielders in the world. I think that it is unfair to them to put Wilshere there, he hasn't shown anything to deserve that. Pogba IMO is the third best young midfielder in Europe.

Herrera won't ever be in their category, but he'll be a great signing for us and easily our second best midfielder. He'll be one of the best CM in England very soon too.
I'd take Wilshere over any of the others (if he wasn't so injury prone).

So who watches Herrera regularly and what can you tell us? Does seem alot for a relatively unknown player to many.

I am familiar with him to a degree but never had him in this price bracket. Just hoping it's a good buy and not a scraping the barrel job last minute.

What are his strengths and weaknesses and what would he offer us

I'd take Wilshere over any of the others (if he wasn't so injury prone).

Just for him being English (and we usually have more luck with English signings than foreigners) or based on his current ability?

Injuries are a big worry. Ando would have been our solution to midfield if he isn't always either injured or coming back from an injury.

Just sign some fecker. I don't care who. My cock hasn't been rubbed since Thiago was confirmed for the 5th time.

Oh, you will certainly overpay for him, if you trigger his release clause. Quite a lot actually. Under normal circumstances Herrera would be probably worth 20-25 Mil €.

Herrera is a really good player, who would strengthen United´s midfield, but he is neither proven world class like Fabregas nor has the potential to reach that level.

How much could Gundogan fetch? £40m?

Bilbao made us look like amateurs back in the UEFA cup and he played a part so that's something at least!

Just for him being English (and we usually have more luck with English signings than foreigners) or based on his current ability?

Injuries are a big worry. Ando would have been our solution to midfield if he isn't always either injured or coming back from an injury.
No, I genuinely think that if he can get over his injury problems he'll be the best midfielder in the world eventually. I am insanely jealous of Arsenal for having him.

Wilshere more than held his own against the Barcelona midfielders 2 seasons ago and proved he could cope in that company. He's just as good as Thiago or Gundogan. But those 2 play for hipster clubs so are automatically rated higher.

No, I genuinely think that if he can get over his injury problems he'll be the best midfielder in the world eventually. I am insanely jealous of Arsenal for having him.

I would love him here, bu seriously I don't think he is on that level.

Wilshere more than held his own against the Barcelona midfielders 2 seasons ago and proved he could cope in that company. He's just as good as Thiago or Gundogan. But those 2 play for hipster clubs so are automatically rated higher.

Yes. And Anderson shits on Fabregas. These kind of things happen, but if they happen every 2 years than they are not the norm

People at times should start assuming that there could be other posters who watch teams outside of England too. I think that both of them are currently a level above Wilshere and have higher potential than him.

They are right now a level above but he's the most talented. He just has everything in his locker, he's very unique.

Off topic though, it's much of a muchness, they're all great and we can't have any of them. Waaaaaaah!

They are right now a level above but he's the most talented. He just has everything in his locker, he's very unique.

Off topic though, it's much of a muchness, they're all great and we can't have any of them. Waaaaaaah!

I think that the only thing he's better than them, is that he's more stronger. On others, I think that both of them are better.

Yep, of topic but considering that Woody doesn't have any intention to bring us a midfielder, then we spend time talking about them. Why not to talk about the best ones?

Also, Herrera would instantly become better than them combined if he signs for us. At-least until we try to sign one of them.

How much could Gundogan fetch? £40m?

This summer he is not for sale, so only a really cracy offer like 50+ Mil pounds.

Next summer depends on several things:

1. If he signs a new contract - even more than above
2. If Sahin reaches his former level (he was the best player of the league 2 seasons ago) - around 30 Mil €
3. If the 2nd don´t happen - probably a little bit more like 35-40 Mil €

Yeah, its not like one of them led (in terms of build up play and directing) his team to two national titles and a CL final. Gündogan is out of the most promising CM talents the closest to proven world class and will be there if he helds his form this season.

And did you just call fecking Bayern Munich a hipster club?

By this time tomorrow night, our long transfer window nightmare will be over. Will we wake up to a Spanish beauty nestling alongside us, or to one of the ugly sisters? Or to a lonely bed? Moyes knows.

36m EUR if Bilbao is nice to us.

Ewww, even though I don't know what the lad is like, I feel that's overpriced, especially seeing as though he might not have the physicality, I know "needs to bulk up" is a joke, but if we do get him, I really think he needs to, looks like a kid. Mind, we seem to get our lads bulked up pretty well.

Ewww, even though I don't know what the lad is like, I feel that's overpriced, especially seeing as though he might not have the physicality, I know "needs to bulk up" is a joke, but if we do get him, I really think he needs to, looks like a kid. Mind, we seem to get our lads bulked up pretty well.

That's just his strange little child face.

Oscar is doing fine in EPL and certainly he isn't more bulked up than Herrera. He's 6 foot for what is worth, hardly a Spanish 'midget'.

Isn't that his release clause?

Yes, it is. But if Bilbao doesn't accept the big, then the player must pay the clause himself which will make the deal more complicated and impossible to happen in the deadline.

So you've made that completely pointless post on the back of not knowing anything about him? Thanks for that.

http://www.canalathletic.com/noticias/2013-09-02/dicho-momento-queda-dice-201309012152.html

Basically says that at the moment Herrera isn't saying much, even to his teammates, and when they were with him (presumably the flight back from Madrid) he didn't think United were coming up with the release clause money so he would be staying.

A couple of papers are speculating that we'll either bid for Ozil or Herrera but that we won't buy both and the delay has been Madrid's reluctance to talk until the Bale deal was closed.

How does he compare with Fabregas? Similar level?

Tor-Kristian Karlsen (@karlsentk) had this to say about Herrera:

"Ander Herrera is as close you get to a modern, dynamic central midfielder. Intelligent, good on the ball, well-built, creates and defends. Slightly surprised Manchester United didn't move earlier, but the way the market has turned out £31M (release clause) isn't too outrageous. Would Herrera improve Manchester United's midfield? Yes. Would he offer qualities that they currently lack? Yes. Manchester City (reportedly) paid £30M for Fernandinho, wonderful player but Herrera four years younger + experience from a top league."

Status
Not open for further replies.