Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really glad we're trying to get him after 3 games of the season, top fecking work that is. Even if by some miracle we did get him or any CM, we'd probably leave him out for a month then play him out wide.

That's why we need to sign Fellaini too as Herrera will need time to adjust.

Hey guys I am only quoting the manager. Don't shoot at the messenger. I agree with the rest of your post Spoons.

Moyes is more then happy with the players he's got

Nonsense. He's hardly going to hang his existing players out to dry, just in case he can't land his targets. Some of you lot are reading too much into what Moyes has said - Fergie used to paint an excessively positive picture after poor results regularly.

Nonsense. He's hardly going to hang his existing players out to dry, just in case he can't land his targets. Some of you lot are reading too much into what Moyes has said - Fergie used to paint an excessively positive picture after poor results regularly.

I agree. However I think the time for niceties is long gone. If the money man are not capable of bringing him the players he wants then he should said it. The man does not have SAF's immunity and if United dont deliver it will reflect very badly on him and his career.

I agree. However I think the time for niceties is long gone. If the money man are not capable of bringing him the players he wants then he should said it. The man does not have SAF's immunity and if United dont deliver it will reflect very badly on him and his career.

Dev, let me get this right you want him to come out and verbally(or physically?) attack Joel, Woodward el al? I've heard some crazy ideas but attacking your new employers is well...truly unheard of.

Dev, let me get this right you want him to come out and verbally(or physically?) attack Joel, Woodward el al? I've heard some crazy ideas but attacking your new employers is well...truly unheard of.

Its not attacking Spoons its saying the truth. There's nothing wrong in saying that he wanted X,Y,Z and for various reasons the club wasn't able to deliver. If I was in his shoes Id wait 12 months and if the situation doesn't change Id leave.What's the point in staying with an employer who doesn't give you the tools to work with? I certainly wouldn't come with retarded opinions about how happy I am with the team and how well they played against Liverpool. That's for sure

Oh well maybe my judgement is still clouded from the Liverpool game.

So you want him to publicly say " we're fecking useless. These players I've inherited are shit. Unless Woodie gets me some news ones we're fecked. "

Right. Sounds like good management.

So you want him to publicly say " we're fecking useless. These players I've inherited are shit. Unless Woodie gets me some news ones we're fecked. "

Right. Sounds like good management.

Nah I'd ridicule myself by saying how happy I am with the team and continue by praising their magnificent performance against Liverpool.

BTW where have I said that Moyes should have said that we're useless etc?

Where have I said that he should said that?
Go on, lets hear your carefully crafted statement that does no criticise the existing players, and does no leave any hostages to fortune where Moyes needs to make the best of things if no transfer deals are closed.

Go on, lets hear your carefully crafted statement that does no criticise the existing players, and does no leave any hostages to fortune where Moyes needs to make the best of things if no transfer deals are closed.

I am far from being the most diplomatic person on earth however I'd certainly wouldn't appease these ownership ridiculing myself on the process by saying how happy I am with he team and end up praising our performance against Liverpool. A no comment would do nicely under such circumstances. Sometimes silence is worth a million words.

I am far from being the most diplomatic person on earth however I'd certainly wouldn't appease these ownership ridiculing myself on the process by saying how happy I am with he team and end up praising our performance against Liverpool. A no comment would do nicely under such circumstances. Sometimes silence is worth a million words.

Why should he do that publicly? FFS. Stupid idea. He can have a whinge at them in private.

Why should he do that publicly? FFS. Stupid idea. He can have a whinge at them in private.

Its not whinging. Its just refusing to this 'money no problem', 'no budget', 'the owners support me' farce.

Oh well lets go back to the subject.

Draxler's a worse player than Kagawa in any attacking role and doesn't help our midfield issues at all.

We need 2 CMs. Fullstop. I hope that the club ends up bringing in Felliani and Herrera. Its what we need

Different reports on this transfer. One saying we are triggering the release clause of 31m and others saying the Atletico manager expects him to stay.

I'd much prefer United overspend on Fellaini and Herrara and leave Baines than not sign the two midfielders. It's not great to overpay, and normally I'd be in favour of not overpaying, but we have got ourselves in this predicament by leaving it so long. We had to overspend on Rio(Risdale said they would settled for less) after selling Jaap suddenly and this is a similar situation.

Different reports on this transfer. One saying we are triggering the release clause of 31m and others saying the Atletico manager expects him to stay.

I'd much prefer United overspend on Fellaini and Herrara and leave Baines than not sign the two midfielders. It's not great to overpay, and normally I'd be in favour of not overpaying, but we have got ourselves in this predicament by leaving it so long. We had to overspend on Rio(Risdale said they would settled for less) after selling Jaap suddenly and this is a similar situation.

We brought in Blanc when Stam left, Rio came the summer after. But, yes, with hours left of the window we've definitely painted ourselves into a corner and overspending is probably required to get us out of it.

He said yesterday that he expects him to stay because 36m Euro plus transfers are rare - so the "normal" outcome would be for him to stay.

I interpreted it as Athletic saying it's the release clause or nothing.

He said yesterday that he expects him to stay because 36m Euro plus transfers are rare - so the "normal" outcome would be for him to stay.

We don't pay release clauses. We wait till they expire and then offer more.

We brought in Blanc when Stam left, Rio came the summer after. But, yes, with hours left of the window we've definitely painted ourselves into a corner and overspending is probably required to get us out of it.

We did and Blanc was not an adequate replacement for Stam(being our standout defender). We had some issues with the form of Jaap's partners then with Ronnie J's long term injury problems and the lack of experience of Silvestre and Wes, even before selling him. We signed Rio for massive money because we sold Jaap and Wes and Silvestre then started to come good.

It reminds me of now. In 2002 we desperately needed a centre back after selling Jaap and now we need a central midfielder.

They signed him for what? 8 Million two years ago? It's bizzare, how we miss out on targets or overpay massively when we could have signed him on the cheap. Carrick was available for like a couple of millions from West Ham, yet we dithered and signed him for 16 Million from Spurs.

Not that I'm too concerned about overpaying for players, I'm not the one who looks at the finance side of the club, but if we are ready to overpay, it shouldn't be a problem. The fact that we miss out on players seem to suggest we don't want to pay over the odds.

I don't know a huge amount about Herrera. Is he a 31m player in terms of potential?

What's certain is we need a central midfielder and it might well be worth spending over the odds if he would be a long term player for the club.

I'd certainly prefer a central midfielder over Baines or Ozil.

Draxler's a worse player than Kagawa in any attacking role and doesn't help our midfield issues at all.

Draxler has shown way more in his career on the left flank than Kagawa. Right now, the former is the superior wing player, while the latter is the clearly better CAM.

You are right, that he would not be the right addition this summer, though.

Obviously there was talent in that Bilbao side that beat us a few seasons back but even if it means not signing anyone I'm not sure spending 36m on this lad is wise, he obviously wasn't a first choice option (he maybe wasn't even a third or forth choice option), the whole thing to me at least smells a lot like panic buying.

I'd rather re-evaluate the situation in January or maybe even wait till next summer (hopefully come which time Csec will want out of Barcelona)

I'll be honest, I don't know anything about this Herrera lad.

Is he really the answer to our central midfield problems, or are people just excited about the idea of us actually signing a central midfielder?

Is he really the answer to our central midfield problems, or are people just excited about the idea of us actually signing a central midfielder?

I think we'd have to spend 100m to answer all our midfield problems but Herrera would be an excellent partner for Carrick, much better than anything else we have available, he's very, very good. He's not world-class and probably never will be but he'd be a great buy.

We don't pay release clauses. We wait till they expire and then offer more.

Really have no idea what we were doing, Fellaini had a 24 million release clause and we don't bid for him but start bidding after it's expired. Our negotiations team/people behind the transfers should all be sacked really. They've been shocking.

I agree. At this stage I really wouldn't care if we spent 40 million on Herrera and 30 on Fellaini. Just bring the feckers in. Going into the season without a midfielder would be suicidal from Moyes. We were able to get by with Fergie at the helm, but Moyes is nowhere near Sir Alex in all fairness to him.

Some are just excited because he is Spanish.

Draxler is a special talent and still only 19. A club of United's stature should always attempt to sign special talents regardless of current priorities. Plus, Kagawa is 24, and even if he is currently better, he has hardly established himself at United.

I think we'd have to spend 100m to answer all our midfield problems but Herrera would be an excellent partner for Carrick, much better than anything else we have available, he's very, very good. He's not world-class and probably never will be but he'd be a great buy.
Don't even need world class tbh, couple of "reliably good" players would do.

Honestly, I am terrified of a Carrick injury and I would take almost anybody else at this stage to be back-up to him rather than Giggs/Jones. The fact that this guy looked really good against us for a really exciting, high energy Bilbao team makes me think he's well worth the effort. Prices have gone up and we desperately need midfield reinforcements. we need to bite the bullet now and start going for players like this.

feck it. Give them 40m, and be done with it. Or make a bid for Fabregas, 55m. Just please, for the love of god, get us a midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.