Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to sign a player that can't even get into the Bilbao team. Is this how much we've fallen from grace? Moyes out.

Anderson had feck all to with last years title win. Carrick essentially dragged a midfield which was either off form, old, injured or a combination of all three. And he didn't even get a mention.

Trying to sign a player that can't even get into the Bilbao team. Is this how much we've fallen from grace? Moyes out.

My cock is tucked back in. To the Sneijder thread!

I'm torn. I wanted to see if he was any good but getting benched looks like it's a good thing, I guess.

If the player himself told Spanish radio he is staying then why is this thread not closed?

If the player himself told Spanish radio he is staying then why is this thread not closed?

Because it's just based on the word of one journalist who claims to have spoken to him but has no audio recording or anything; also the article claims that we stopped at €26m and refuse to offer more and that's why he'll stay. That might be bollocks or our position might change.

Ohhh yes. At the very least their open to selling him from the looks of this. Sign him up!

Because it's just based on the word of one journalist who claims to have spoken to him but has no audio recording or anything; also the article claims that we stopped at €26m and refuse to offer more and that's why he'll stay. That might be bollocks or our position might change.
Hmm. We will see. But as I have said before, this guy is incredibly down to earth and tranquil. He may not even have the ambition to want to go to United.

The guy didn't even have any quotes did he? he basically said he spoke to him at a Madrid hotel. Lets see what happens but unless he's got a knock I cant see any other reason for leaving him on the bench.

Herrera's not stupid. He won't want to go through what Llorente or even Martinez went through. Unless United come in with enough money, he won't be leaving Athletic and there's no way he'd say or do anything to upset or embarrass the club.

What he said to a radio reporter last night is only relevant if we have bid the release clause.

Hmm. We will see. But as I have said before, this guy is incredibly down to earth and tranquil. He may not even have the ambition to want to go to United.

That's always a possibility.

But honestly, closing this thread would be cruel. After a long summer of muppetry without any result, this feels like the afterparty. Everyone is tired but we've got some chillout music in the background, pass around some joints and reminisce about the days when we used to sign players. It's going to be over soon anyway so no need to throw everyone out and switch off the lights.

Anderson had feck all to with last years title win. Carrick essentially dragged a midfield which was either off form, old, injured or a combination of all three. And he didn't even get a mention.

The situation was almost exactly the same as this year. Cleverley has improved, Anderson has improved his fitness, Giggs is probably slightly worse and Carrick is the same(at least so far.).

The problem last year wasn't only our CM it was our wingers too, so even if our CM stays the same it is possible to improve our team as a whole by just sorting out the issues on the wings. Not saying it is an easy task or anything - but there is certainly possibility of growth from last year as it is.

The situation was almost exactly the same as this year. Cleverley has improved, Anderson has improved his fitness, Giggs is probably slightly worse and Carrick is the same(at least so far.).

You can't gauge anything after 3 games.

How do you know this?

The fact is he's on the bench because he's not 100% focussed so whatever Cadena SER are saying is most likely bollocks. He's at the very least considering the move. Looks like if we pay up he'll be ours.

Gerry Armstrong confirming on the commentary for today's Bilbao game that Herrera has had head turned & united willing to offer £36 million

Gerry Armstrong confirming on the commentary for today's Bilbao game that Herrera has had head turned & united willing to offer £36 million
I doubt he knows anything. He's probably just piecing it together from the media reports and Herrera not being in the squad.

How do you know this?

The fact is he's on the bench because he's not 100% focussed so whatever Cadena SER are saying is most likely bollocks. He's at the very least considering the move. Looks like if we pay up he'll be ours.
Lots of interviews with him, in print, and in video.

This is transfer market is starting to turn into a fecking dating site! We are taking a shotgun approach to get a hit or two!

I fear for the impact it will have on the perception of United amongst the players/club presidents for our future deals.

This is transfer market is starting to turn into a fecking dating site! We are taking a shotgun approach to get a hit or two!

I fear for the impact it will have on the perception of United amongst the players/club presidents for our future deals.
Are you embarrassed?

Woody should just go back to the marketing department.

Lets not panic buy - its not what we do. I would rather we miss out this window than splurge ridiculous amounts and then not buy when we need.

Should never have let Fergie and Gill leave at once- huge mistake.

Is he in the side then?

EDIT: Nevermind, bench I see.

Woody should just go back to the marketing department.

Lets not panic buy - its not what we do. I would rather we miss out this window than splurge ridiculous amounts and then not buy when we need.

Should never have let Fergie and Gill leave at once- huge mistake.

Fergie didn't choose to have his wife's best friend die and Gill didn't choose to have a vacant position in the UEFA at that particular time.

Abit like the Cabaye situation, isn't it? His head might not be fully in it. Not suggesting anything though, but it's pretty obvious we'll get him if we stump up the fee

What is money anyway? If we don't spend it on Herrera we'll only blow it on pens and footballs and things.

Status
Not open for further replies.