Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the reports that we won't stump up the extra 5m for Herrera are true, then I just don't know what to say...

To be honest I'd never heard of him before. It seems like a lot of money for a player who has never been capped by his country by the time he's 24. But he Spanish do have a lot of good players and seem to mass produce technically gifted CM players.

Guillem BalagueVerified account@GuillemBalague
As of today, conversations for Herrera have stopped. United think 36m euros too much to pay. It's a complex deal and not much time left.

Another one bites the dust.Ed and Moyes are making the mockery out of the club.

We are becoming a bit of an embarrassment, i just get the impression we have desire to spend or that we are inept.

These are all old news and contradicted by James Ducker and to a certain extent, Sid Lowe.

If the reports that we won't stump up the extra 5m for Herrera are true, then I just don't know what to say...
I've just gotten used to this now. Anderson will be our new signing every year when he gets his fat arse off the treatment table. What a mess.

Dunno why it's embarrassing really....but then again, football fans are ultra fickle. Prefer to try and fail, than not bother. And I certainly don't want to pay Liverpool-esque joke prices out of desperation.

For 25m Moyes must really want him, surely we'd just pay the extra cash if it meant getting him, 5m at this stage of the transfer window is feck all in football terms.

Dunno why it's embarrassing really....but then again, football fans are ultra fickle. Prefer to try and fail, than not bother. And I certainly don't want to pay Liverpool-esque joke prices out of desperation.

I'm not a transfer muppet. But 6 years is an awful long time not to sign a central midfielder. It's getting painful, when this has been the clear weak spot in our team for the past 3-4 years.

I've just gotten used to this now. Anderson will be our new signing every year when he gets his fat arse off the treatment table. What a mess.

Our constant search for "value" has become counter productive, because it's resulted in the complete decay of our midfield. I think Herrera for €35m is a hugely inflated price btw, but I think we're desperate and shouldn't split hairs - if we're prepared to bid €30m, I find it a bit pathetic ti hear we may not stump up the extra €5m.

It's been a truly disconcerting summer because we haven't supported our new manager - he clearly would've wanted reinforcements.

For 25m Moyes must really want him, surely we'd just pay the extra cash if it meant getting him, 5m at this stage of the transfer window is feck all in football terms.

I'm really struggling to understand our strategy this season. Is it too far to say that we've been inept in our dealings, and that if Herrera doesn't sign it'll be one more example of why we need to approach the market in a better manner?

Why are people ignoring what Ducker and Lowe said about Herrera and choosing to believe that useless twat Balague? He's highly unreliable. His story about our ''payment'' for Falcao springs to mind.

Things are looking good IMO. Mark Ogden and a couple of Spanish papers are saying that we'll be activating his release clause and Ducker said there's a very good chance of completing deals for Fellaini and Herrera. I know that this summer transfer window has been beyond garbage so far but at least now things are looking brighter. We started the season well enough to shut some critics up at least for the time being, Sky said we're actually closing in on a midfield signing (Fellaini) and The Guardian are reporting that Moyes wants to sign more than one midfielder before Monday.

Our constant search for "value" has become counter productive, because it's resulted in the complete decay of our midfield. I think Herrera for €35m is a hugely inflated price btw, but I think we're desperate and shouldn't split hairs - if we're prepared to bid €30m, I find it a bit pathetic ti hear we may not stump up the extra €5m.

It's been a truly disconcerting summer because we haven't supported our new manager - he clearly would've wanted reinforcements.
Ashley Young for 17 million was inflated too. Zaha for 17 million was too I reckon. Which big team doesn't overpay because they simply have to due to being a big club? Real do, barca do bayern do and of course the sure daddy clubs do. Heck now even spurs do, because they know they have to, to make up for the loss of bale. And the market is getting sillier all the time. And as you say, were fecking desperate!

Why are people ignoring what Ducker and Lowe said about Herrera and choosing to believe that useless twat Balague? He's highly unreliable. His story about our ''payment'' for Falcao springs to mind.

Things are looking good IMO. Mark Ogden and a couple of Spanish papers are saying that we'll be activating his release clause and Ducker said there's a very good chance of completing deals for Fellaini and Herrera. I know that this summer transfer window has been beyond garbage so far but at least now things are looking brighter. We started the season well enough to shut some critics up at least for the time being, Sky said we're actually closing in on a midfield signing (Fellaini) and The Guardian are reporting that Moyes wants ti sign more than one midfielder before Monday.

Considering how our summer has gone so far, it's no wonder people are more willing to believe the pessimistic predictions.

Things are looking good IMO. Mark Ogden and a couple of Spanish papers are saying that we'll be activating his release clause and Ducker said there's a very good chance of completing deals for Fellaini and Herrera. I know that this summer transfer window has been beyond garbage so far but at least now things are looking brighter. We started the season well enough to shut some critics up at least for the time being, Sky said we're actually closing in on a midfield signing (Fellaini) and The Guardian are reporting that Moyes wants to sign more than one midfielder before Monday.

I know what you're saying is logical, but it's easier to believe the pessimistic view because it's just been one disappointment after another this summer.

I've got a feeling we'll end up with just Fellaini, which is underwhelming in the extreme.

Considering how our summer has gone so far, it's no wonder people are more willing to believe the pessimistic predictions.

I get what you're saying but these pessimistic predictions are coming from unreliable sources. People are believing them over Ogden, Ducker, Sky etc., which doesn't make sense.

Ashley Young for 17 million was inflated too. Zaha for 17 million was too I reckon. Which big team doesn't overpay because they simply have to due to being a big club? Real do, barca do bayern do and of course the sure daddy clubs do. Heck now even spurs do, because they know they have to, to make up for the loss of bale. And the market is getting sillier all the time. And as you say, were fecking desperate!

I've said it before - we seem happy to spaff money on all other areas of the squad, but then set ridiculously high standards in terms of the quality of player we'll sign for midfield; i.e. someone of Keane/Scholes' level. Despite wanting the perfect player, we seem to only be prepared to deal if it's a low price, which is why we never buy anyone for this area of the side. Infuriating.

Add to that the club don't really seem to be looking at less known players who could make the step up. We've presumably been looking for around 3 seasons now so either they can't identify one in which case you'd say their being picky or they don't want to take a risk on a less established player. That's fine but then they need to accept that prices are what they are at the moment for established players. But I guess bidding 25m for fabregas sums it up really.

I've said it before - we seem happy to spaff money on all other areas of the squad, but then set ridiculously high standards in terms of the quality of player we'll sign for midfield; i.e. someone of Keane/Scholes' level. Despite wanting the perfect player, we seem to only be prepared to deal if it's a low price, which is why we never buy anyone for this area of the side. Infuriating.
Yeah I don't get that at all. But then you have fellaini who is nowhere that level. We just seem conservative in general with regards to midfield. Our "list" for midfielders seems to have a maximum cap of 2 to 3 players on it. Whereas well every 3rd winger that exists, and includes overpaying on known players and low risk punts. Yet for central midfield...

I admit it - I have no clue what we have tried to achieve this summer. Yes we got turned down for Fabregas - but why suddenly madly start chasing players 1 week before the transfer window closes.

It should have been possible to check other players while chasing Fabregas - which we apparently haven't done.

Happy with the fact that this looks like it's doomed.

Wake me up when this window is done. Please.

I just can't take this rollercoaster ride anymore. I thought I was a transfer muppet - but I am so wrong. I am nothing more than a wanabee.

This is embarrasssing.

Cina and the usual suspects will be on this in 3, 2 ,1..... lolzies.

Why are you happy and why do you think it's doomed?

With every failed signing of a midfielder his dream signing Gareth Barry comes a bit closer. So he is waiting in the shadows happy about every failed attempt of signing a quality player in the hopes that we will give up one day and settle for Barry. On which said day he will emerge from the shadows triumphant and proclaim that he was the first to say we should sign him and bath in the sunshine of Gareth "fecking" Barry's ray of holy sunshine that will light up the Old Trefford for all eternity.

Aaaand then he snaps out of his dream and realizes that Barry is actually shit.

These are all old news and contradicted by James Ducker and to a certain extent, Sid Lowe.

I guess we will find out over the next 48 hours...the whole summer has been a bit of a let down in terms of how we managed transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.