Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people so against this?

He's an extremely talented, young, Spanish midfielder who will be an excellent partner for Carrick. What's not to like?

I agree, but I don't want to get too excited. Personally I can't see this happening so close to the end of the window..

Why are people so against this?

He's an extremely talented, young, Spanish midfielder who will be an excellent partner for Carrick. What's not to like?

It's becoming fashionable to not want a CM. It's the hipster thing to do.

Put your knickers back on. Remember we are on a forum. I'll post what I think based on the information I have avaliable, and you are NOBODY to tell me any different sunshine. Wind your neck in!

Erm... You're generally rational. And yet you make far fetched assumptions here. And yes, I'm NOONE to tell you what your opinions should be. But I can point out that they're really retarded and make you look like a hormone driven teenager. Its a forum, innit?

I though big names were frowned upons? How do the anti muppets work exactly?

I'm not too fussed as long as they're good players, I've not seen anything of Herrara so naturally I'm unsure...but this doesn't mean I wouldn't want us to nail our targets. By the sounds of it, we've kept tabs on him since the Bilbao game. Similarly, I'd never seen Thiago play...so it's difficult to excited for players you've not seen play. Surely that's the most natural position as opposed to joining the bandwagon... That said, Brwned assures us that he's a cracking player, so let's join it.

Brwned knows more about him than most,

Nah they were magnificent. Simply too good for us. We just couldn't handle them. Munain and Herrera in particular looked brilliant (I think). It's true that I was more in awe of the teams performance but that's because as a team they so comprehensively outplayed us.

Just had a quick look at player ratings for those two Bilbao games, it seems Oscar de Marcos their best midfielder.Him and Muniain.

Oscar de Marcos was rated higher because he scored. He's definitely not the better player.

Erm... You're generally rational. And yet you make far fetched assumptions here. And yes, I'm NOONE to tell you what your opinions should be. But I can point out that they're really retarded and make you look like a hormone driven teenager. Its a forum, innit?

:lol: Wanker. I disagree in the strongest possible terms!

I think what he's saying is that no one player stood out for them and I'd agree with that. They were very good as a team

I didn't see it like that. I saw a great team performance but stand out performances from Muinian and Herrera. Martinez was classy too but was limited playing at CB.

So if everybody remembers such a stand out performance by him how come he's never been mentioned by anybody all summer on the caf, I mean we've talked about just every other midfielder.

Fair point. That said, we caftards are hardly experts on football.

So if everybody remembers such a stand out performance by him how come he's never been mentioned by anybody all summer on the caf, I mean we've talked about just every other midfielder.

I think you're being harsh on Muniain. He's still only 20. No idea how good he is but maybe he is the next superstar. Likewise with the other Bilbao ones. That kid Herrera's just after having a great game against Barca at the weekend and still looks to fit the bill. Good passer, runs all day and likes to stick a boot in (6 tackles at the weekend, 3rd most passes on the pitch).

May 19, in the Fellaini thread

I honestly would have preferred Dembele at like £15m last season but there's no way well get him now for under £20m. ESP with Levy involved. There's that Strootman bloke - though I've not seen enough of him to offer a personal opinion. Then there's that Wanyama bloke who could be a decent box to box / cover for Carrick option.

The only player I'd take a punt on & who I've seen a fair bit of is Ander Herrera. Not sure what his release clause is though plus he hasn't had a great season. (Who in that Bilbao team has though).

I've never been a huge fan of Fellaini but if we sign him, I'd support him & hope he proves me wrong.

Then there was also the "which Bilbao player" thread.

We've tried for him twice before and been turned down - or at least baulked at the release clause price.

People were still mentioning him, but his stock did fall a little along with Bilbao's poor showing last season

It's been quite a long time since then. He's likely just fallen from most people's radar.

I sure hope the club don't feck around with Herrera....if he wants the move then surely we must be willing to activate his clause. If you bid this late in the day then things need to move quickly. I must be honest I was more impressed with Illarimendi last season but Herrera would be a better fit for United at the same price.

Excited by these developments but it's only worth the fuss if a deal is struck.

Guillem BalagueVerified account@GuillemBalague
As of today, conversations for Herrera have stopped. United think 36m euros too much to pay. It's a complex deal and not much time left.

Another one bites the dust.Ed and Moyes is making the mockery out of the club.

We are becoming a bit of an embarrassment, i just get the impression we have desire to spend or that we are inept.

Status
Not open for further replies.