Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy if we signed him, he'd solve one of our two midfield issues. The other issue being a holding midfielder.

Can't say I know much about him, so not getting excited so far. Underwhelming youtube vids. But a midfielder and seems he did well against us. Young as well so why not, I'm sure our guys know what they are doing.

I don't even know what to say if we don't manage to bring a single first-team player in, in 3.5 months since the 12/13 season ended!

It's Balague, hey, he's shit. He should be banned like Indy from redcafe.

Seriously? we are arguing over 6 million euros?

Ugh! For one, you're believing random news reports that we've given up the chase. Two, maybe the player does not want to move despite United willing to pay the release, in which case it can be easily be misconstrued as we're balking at the valuation.

I will be annoyed and astonished if we pay over £30 mil for this kid, when we could only see fit to bid up to £30mil for Fabregas.

I will be annoyed and astonished if we pay over £30 mil for this kid, when we could only see fit to bid up to £30mil for Fabregas.

We might have bid higher had he and Barcelona not made their intentions as clear as they did. It's an invalid comparison.

He's a top player but is he a really top player? It's a big call.

At the end of the day I'd love us to sign Herrera and don't care how much it'd take to get him. He's no Gundogan or Wilshere but he definitely has it in him to be a key player for us for a number of years.
Agreed with u - hes not in the Scholes/Pirlo bracket, though Carrick of last season I'd say was definitely a really top player. Lets hope he sustains that for a couple of seasons yet.

I'd say we'd have paid a lot more but Fabregas got cold feet at the wrong time.

We might have bid higher had he and Barcelona not made their intentions as clear as they did. It's an invalid comparison.

Or this.

Hope you give up on this one and just get Fellaini.

This one could be a star.

Et tu, Stu? Retard season.

What? Not even sure what you mean here.

Just to clarify, I'm not against signing the player, just saying that only bidding £30mil for Fabregas and then apparently being willing to spend more on this inferior product seems a bit daft.

I doubt we'll be able to get this deal done this window. I reckon it's more to do with the time of the move and the fact he's clearly second, third or fourth choice. Too little too late.

Won't be surprised to see his name pop up again in the 2014 window though.

I doubt we'll be able to get this deal done this window. I reckon it's more to do with the time of the move and the fact he's clearly second, third or fourth choice. Too little too late.

Won't be surprised to see his name pop up again in the 2014 window though.

Probably for a lot more money, that we won't be willing to pay.

What? Not even sure what you mean here.

Just to clarify, I'm not against signing the player, just saying that only bidding £30mil for Fabregas and then apparently being willing to spend more on this inferior product seems a bit daft.

It means you have feckall idea of what we've bid for what player. You have feckall idea what the circumstances were. The people who run the club are not complete retards.

May be a fair point, but if we had bid the right amount before the manager that didnt favour him resigned we may have had a chance.

Fair enough. What happened with the manager was a bit unlucky indeed. The other thing that IMO put a spanner in the works was the fecking Thiago transfer.

It means you have feckall idea of what we've bid for what player. You have feckall idea what the circumstances were. The people who run the club are not complete retards.

Put your knickers back on. Remember we are on a forum. I'll post what I think based on the information I have avaliable, and you are NOBODY to tell me any different sunshine. Wind your neck in!

Hope you give up on this one and just get Fellaini.

This one could be a star.

Agreed. Surprised to see so many playing him down and talking about him as if he's some midtable nobody. If people were happy to get McCarthy then why would people not be delighted to get a much better version of him?

The summer started with people not understanding Thiago's release clause. The summer ends with people not understanding Ander's release clause.

Agreed. Surprised to see so many playing him down and talking about him as if he's some midtable nobody. If people were happy to get McCarthy then why would people not be delighted to get a much better version of him?

Cuz he's too expensive. Apparently!

Not sure why that matters though.

I remember that game but don't remember being in awe of any one Bilbao player. All I remember is us looking not too interested.
Nah they were magnificent. Simply too good for us. We just couldn't handle them. Munain and Herrera in particular looked brilliant (I think). It's true that I was more in awe of the teams performance but that's because as a team they so comprehensively outplayed us.

Why are people so against this?

He's an extremely talented, young, Spanish midfielder who will be an excellent partner for Carrick. What's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.