Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says Herrera has told him that he's in the right state of mind to play and that he hasn't told him that he wants to leave.

But he also says that it's not normal for a player whose future is in question to play.

I'm trying very hard to remain pessimistic.

"I know that there has been turmoil in Ander. He is ready to play. Whether he plays or not is another question."
"Ander has not refused to play at the Bernabeu. Nor has he told me that he wants to go to United"
"To play in Herrera's situation is not a usual situation. I talked to him and he is able to play."
"The big teams are always accustomed to changes of players. They know it is the environment in which they live"

Sounds promising, tbh

It's very, very far from "feck off, he's not going anywhere". If we really want him, we can get him.

All muppetosity aside, that reads like they're resigned to losing him sometime after the match.

He'll be in Madrid tomorrow. The match kicks of at noon (11am UK). I'm sure we'll have people there, after all Real Madrid have, "Make me an offer," stickers on a couple of players as well.

That gives us just enough time to fly him to Manchester for a (contract breaking, tapping up special) medical and get him back to Liga HQ in the morning.

Hopefully all our lawyers have to do is delete the word Thiago from the release clause paperwork and indemnities (I'm sure we've studied this earlier, just in the interests of preparedness and due diligence) and insert Herrera.

:lol:

Stelling has just said we've had a second bid turned down :confused:

Woodward has taken that "fail to prepare, prepare to fail" cliche too seriously it seems.

He'll be in Madrid tomorrow. The match kicks of at noon (11am UK). I'm sure we'll have people there, after all Real Madrid have, "Make me an offer," stickers on a couple of players as well.

That gives us just enough time to fly him to Manchester for a (contract breaking, tapping up special) medical and get him back to Liga HQ in the morning.

Hopefully all our lawyers have to do is delete the word Thiago from the release clause paperwork and indemnities (I'm sure we've studied this earlier, just in the interests of preparedness and due diligence) and insert Herrera.

:lol:

I take everything you say very seriously so if none of this happens I will end you.

So i remember Bilbao tearing us up but i cannot remmeber who were the main protagonists in that squad. I have to confess i have fallen behind a little in my knowledge of the Spanish league, how good is this guy in terms of what we already have?

Although i am a little dissapointed with our transfer dealings so far i'm not in the "sign anyone" brigade and the price of £31m is a big outlay, is this justified?

So i remember Bilbao tearing us up but i cannot remmeber who were the main protagonists in that squad. I have to confess i have fallen behind a little in my knowledge of the Spanish league, how good is this guy in terms of what we already have?

Although i am a little dissapointed with our transfer dealings so far i'm not in the "sign anyone" brigade and the price of £31m is a big outlay, is this justified?
I remember him and munain being the ones that stood out for me.

As for the player, I don't know much about the player. I've heard he's very good. Sort of like a better version of Cleverley but who can tackle. Plus anyone who fits into that style that Bilbao played is the kind of player i don't mind us getting at all.

I remember him and munain being the ones that stood out for me.

As for the player, I don't know much about the player. I've heard he's very good. Sort of like a better version of Cleverley but who can tackle. Plus anyone who fits into that style that Bilbao played is the kind of player i don't mind us getting at all.

Good point. Lets hope this one ends better than our other ventures into the transfer market.

I remember that game but don't remember being in awe of any one Bilbao player. All I remember is us looking not too interested.

I fairness i don't think it was a case of us not looking interested. If i remember correctly my view was that we had gone into both games in the belief that being "Manchester United" promised us something and the went into it thinking we can get a big scalp here. All there players were on it and as a team they completetly played us off the park. We were not so much disintersted as shell shocked and bemused by what we were facing.

Because he's a virtual unknown. Probably.

Come on Spoons, he was the architect their wins v us (despite all the hype about Martinez) and very few teams have outplayed us as convincingly as that Bilbao side did. He's great.

Come on Spoons, he was the architect their wins v us (despite all the hype about Martinez) and very few teams have outplayed us as convincingly as that Bilbao side did. He's great.

I think we should go for all players that have a great game against us. I mean if they are good against us, how fecking good could they be for us? This approach never failed anyone.

I think we should go for all players that have a great game against us. I mean if they are good against us, how fecking good could they be for us? This approach never failed anyone.
If they play in midfield why not.

In all seriousness though, Herrera would be a great signing. He isn't the biggest muppet name, but he's a very good player and great on the ball. He's also a well rounded midfielder so would fit in nicely next to Carrick. He'd be a big improvement for our starting 11 right away, and even though €36m is overpriced for him, I think he'd be well worth it. There were plenty of people who laughed at bayern for paying 40mil for Martinez to buy out his release clause but we've seen how good he's been when surrounded by other world class players. Herrera can have a similar improvement, even though he's very good as it is.

Agreed.

If they play in midfield why not.

In all seriousness though, Herrera would be a great signing. He isn't the biggest muppet name, but he's a very good player and great on the ball. He's also a well rounded midfielder so would fit in nicely next to Carrick. He'd be a big improvement for our starting 11 right away, and even though €36m is overpriced for him, I think he'd be well worth it. There were plenty of people who laughed at bayern for paying 40mil for Martinez to buy out his release clause but we've seen how good he's been when surrounded by other world class players. Herrera can have a similar improvement, even though he's very good as it is.

I have no opinion on Herrera one way or the other because I haven't seen enough of him since we played against them to make an statement about his quality. If our manager thinks he is worth the 36M and we decide to splash the cash then I'm going to blindly trust his judgement.

I was wondering what the joke was.....:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.