Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair the Herrera bid was made public by Bilbao and so was his release clause, after having a bid rejected so close to the clause you'd think we will just activate it now.

De Rossi is world class, he may be getting on a bit but even if its just for a couple of seasons he'd add so much to our squad.

Yeah, but he's right and its exactly what I was thinking, too.

They've gone from being told by the Spanish what we'd done to now once again making predictions that they obviously can't know are true or not.

Hang on you guys actually bid for Ander Herrera? Didn't know about this yet.

Don't know much about this kid, will he cut it at the top level?

I imagine Moyes would know enough about him to seem him good enough for us. The worry is that he clearly isn't our first choice, but nor is anyone we bring in now unless their name is Cesc Fabregas.

All of our opponents are capable of signing 4-5-6 players - and we can't get a single player in when certain positions scream for reinforcements. We have really done everything wrong so far ...

All of our opponents are capable of signing 4-5-6 players - and we can't get a single player in when certain positions scream for reinforcements. We have really done everything wrong so far ...
I feel your pain :(

Actually, I don't, never did either. Does it hurt? :D

Isn't Carrick a really top player though Brwned?

edit: or at least I think so, based on last season's form.

He's a top player but is he a really top player? It's a big call.

At the end of the day I'd love us to sign Herrera and don't care how much it'd take to get him. He's no Gundogan or Wilshere but he definitely has it in him to be a key player for us for a number of years.

It sounds like we might actually get this guy then. Not a lot of time to do it in though.

It'd would be nice to have a fee agreed today or tomorrow so we have a day to sort out personal terms with the player rather than leave it all to the last minute.

So this guy is Strootman level?

Herrera is more dynamic and likes to trigger goalscoring chances with haste and his solid range of passing.

He's a bit more offensive type but still makes loads of tackles and that's what makes him quite universal player, kinda like Strootman, who uses strength in a more defensive play.

Herrera showed extremely good instinct, where to deliver the ball, against United and even Barca but Strootman also has the potential to be useful.

I would say Herrera is a bit above Strootman and already proven at European stage.

It'd would be nice to have a fee agreed today or tomorrow so we have a day to sort out personal terms with the player rather than leave it all to the last minute.
Call me cynical but I'd say it's rare that a fee like this would be agreed without there already being a broad agreement on personal terms.

Call me cynical but I'd say it's rare that a fee like this would be agreed without there already being a broad agreement on personal terms.

Yeah maybe. I doubt he'll demand a crazy contract anyway. 100k a week perhaps? But I think the fee will be the biggest sticking point if the rumours about the release clause are true. If they just want the 36 million and we're not paying extra on tax, that'll be fine and I can't see how this won't be wrapped up.

Right now, I don't even care what we will pay for Fellaini/Herrera/de Rossi (although unlikely), I just hope we add to our central midfield.

We've enquired about him twice before - last summer and this January. I think on both occasions we got the same reply: player not looking for a move, club not interested in selling. In other words, release clause or nothing and some work to do on the player.

If we're back for him now, then it's no panic move. It might be a willingness to pay more, because our need is greater - the price is a business decision, the choice is a football one. We can afford him. If he wants to come and Moyes has a job for him, what's not to love?

As for the formation issues. He's a proper midfielder and I'd say he's a better midfielder in any position in a two or three man configuration than Jones or Giggs or even poor old Anderson. Anderson for Anders? Who knows we may even be able to recycle the songs. :smirk:

Is Ogden reliable?

He wrote a big story the day after the Madrid match insisting this meant we were definitely going to sell Rooney this summer and his 'time is up'. Choice quotes included:

"Rooney’s contract enters its final two years this summer, so it will be a key moment. United are unlikely to sanction four or five more years of £250,000-a-week wages for a squad player, so the summer is the time to seek a buyer."

"Three years ago, Rooney believed that United were not good enough for him, but the wheel has now come full circle and Ferguson’s selection on Tuesday night made it clear that Rooney is no longer good enough for them"

Following this he wrote stories with such illuminating headlines as 'PSG hopes dashed as Wayne Rooney hints he wants to pledge his future to Manchester United', 'Manchester United ready to seek 20m summer deal for out of favour Wayne Rooney', and 'Wayne Rooney wants to stay at Manchester United'.

So yeah, I suppose you'd say it's all pretty much played out exactly as he said it would.

Are we back to the tried and tested reverse logic of "if we're in for him, then he must be willing to come"?

Herrera is more dynamic and likes to trigger goalscoring chances with haste and his solid range of passing.

He's a bit more offensive type but still makes loads of tackles and that's what makes him quite universal player, kinda like Strootman, who uses strength in a more defensive play.

Herrera showed extremely good instinct, where to deliver the ball, against United and even Barca but Strootman also has the potential to be useful.

I would say Herrera is a bit above Strootman and already proven at European stage.

Ta.

Valverde has spoken, anyone care to translate? Has he been left out of their squad for the clash against Real?
https://twitter.com/AthleticClub

He says Herrera has told him that he's in the right state of mind to play and that he hasn't told him that he wants to leave.

But he also says that it's not normal for a player whose future is in question to play.

He hasn't told him he wants to leave, but he hasn't told him he wants to stay either ;)

He says Herrera has told him that he's in the right state of mind to play and that he hasn't told him that he wants to leave.

But he also says that it's not normal for a player whose future is in question to play.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.