Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those stats are useless seeing as Tom and Shinji didn't play that much.

Because Woodward is a useless cnut thats why

I'd love to know the rationale behind these low bids, that's Fabregas, Fellaini and now Herrera we've done this with. Maybe De Rossi too if you believe the "12m bid" story. Very weird.

to be fair maybe we think 25m is more than generous. we're not squabbling over 5m we're squabbling over paying 30 million pounds for a young player that maybe we dont think is worth becoming our most expensive ever signing.

I'd quite like to know why this is an issue - for the club, it should just be whether or not he's worth spending X amount of money on... the fact of whether he becomes our most expensive signing or not is totally irrelevant - it's not like the bloke will get a special commemorative plaque or something.

I'd quite like to know why this is an issue - for the club, it should just be whether or not he's worth spending X amount of money on... the fact of whether he becomes our most expensive signing or not is totally irrelevant - it's not like the bloke will get a special commemorative plaque or something.

of course, i didnt mean they wouldnt do it because its an actual title hed receive or anything but more to emphasise that we arent exactly talking about small change and considering some of the talent weve bought in the past we shouldnt be held to ransom by bilbao unless we really feel he's worth it. players are worth certain amounts, doesnt men you dont rate them but for example no way would we pay 25m for baines. we want him, hes good, but not worth over a certain value. you have to draw a line

There are a lot of reports that we have... we may find out in the next couple of days, depending on if anything happens and how transparent that anything turns out to be.

ya but the last figure i saw was 38. assuming we upped the baines bid its more like 23-24m for fellaini which was what his clause was.

Including tax, paying this "buyout clause" would require a United club record transfer fee wouldn't it?

of course, i didnt mean they wouldnt do it because its an actual title hed receive or anything but more to emphasise that we arent exactly talking about small change and considering some of the talent weve bought in the past we shouldnt be held to ransom by bilbao unless we really feel he's worth it. players are worth certain amounts, doesnt men you dont rate them but for example no way would we pay 25m for baines. we want him, hes good, but not worth over a certain value. you have to draw a line

Thing is, our club should be fully aware that Bibao don't feck about and will always play hardball - it's fairly well documented. Sure, there's nothing wrong in trying, but they must have been aware that such a bid was more then likely to fail.

Erm, has nobody told Woody that this kid is only 77 on Fifa?

Thing is, our club should be fully aware that Bibao don't feck about and will always play hardball - it's fairly well documented. Sure, there's nothing wrong in trying, but they must have been aware that such a bid was more then likely to fail.
I doubt we gave any intention of paying out a record fee for this guy.
My guess is it was just to put a little pressure on Everton to take the money on offer for Fellani while they still can.

Including tax, paying this "buyout clause" would require a United club record transfer fee wouldn't it?

That's a record we'll have to break sooner rather than later. Prices have gone up so much in recent year, our club record transfer looks a bit quaint at this stage.

I doubt we gave any intention of paying out a record fee for this guy.
My guess is it was just to put a little pressure on Everton to take the money on offer for Fellani while they still can.

Quite possibly... still a bit of a weird of a message to send...

"Hey look Everton, we have £25m to spend on this midfielder"
"... You have how much to spend?"
"Erm... Look at these shiny magnets"

Everton would be perfectly happy to keep Fellaini. Nothing ever has been or ever will be a smokescreen.

true. personally i think 30m is too much but whatever moyes feels we need.

That's a record we'll have to break sooner rather than later. Prices have gone up so much in recent year, our club record transfer looks a bit quaint at this stage.
But people are going mental because they want United to spend a club record fee on a player most of them have barely heard of!
It's fecking nuts!

They love these weird as feck release clauses in Spain don't they? For all those moaning just because a player has a release clause doesn't mean you have to bid it. Testing the water would be the sensible option which is what we appear to have done. We may now either decided they value him at too much or come to an arrangement to sign him. I am genuinely surprised by his value though I must say, then again if you leave your business this late you can expect to be squeezed for every penny.

feck it, it's never too late to be a transfer muppet. Seen the vids, I remember him playing well against us a couple of years back, he's still relatively young and plays in CM. Chuck the 6mil euros in, trade RvP, if not chuck Bale in too.

Am I doing this right?

They love these weird as feck release clauses in Spain don't they? For all those moaning just because a player has a release clause doesn't mean you have to bid it. Testing the water would be the sensible option which is what we appear to have done. We may now either decided they value him at too much or come to an arrangement to sign him. I am genuinely surprised by his value though I must say, then again if you leave your business this late you can expect to be squeezed for every penny.

I think they are a legal requirement in Spain.

Do whatever possible to bring this lad to our shores. If we don't were fecked and Moyes needs to be sacked, yea?

But people are going mental because they want United to spend a club record fee on a player most of them have barely heard of!
It's fecking nuts!

If we're bidding 30m for him already we must think he's good enough to be an important player for us. I think people just want us to see us do whatever we have to to get one of our key targets, even if that means paying a bit more than we want to. It isn't that people are sure he's worth 36m, it's that people want us to be a bit more aggressive in the transfer market, I think. How will we keep up with the likes of Barca, Bayern and Real if we refuse to engage with market values?

What would people think of a combination of signing both Fellaini and Herrera? Would they compliment each other and give us what we need squad wise in the middle of the pitch? It looks like we are going for both players with many initially saying they would be happy with Fellaini providing he wasn't the only CM we brought in. So. How does Herrera coming in as the 2nd suit?

If we're bidding 30m for him already we must think he's good enough to be an important player for us. I think people just want us to see us do whatever we have to to get one of our key targets, even if that means paying a bit more than we want to. It isn't that people are sure he's worth 36m, it's that people want us to be a bit more aggressive in the transfer market, I think. How will we keep up with the likes of Barca, Bayern and Real if we refuse to engage with market values?
But if the fee including tax is more than 40m euros, then you are getting in the realm of asking is this guy really that fecking good to be worth a club record fee. And people who didn't even know who this guy was yesterday seem quite sure that he is. And that to me is fecking hilarious.

It's fecking nuts!

To be fair the market has changed dramatically this season. Prices have skyrocketed.

:lol: this is like the summer of rejections. We can't even get anders Herrera signed fifa. And it's probably going to be because of 6 million

I don't get why some have an issue with us 'overpaying' for a CM. Sure, maybe market value for a CM like Herrera, Cesc, Fellaini etc. is x million but that should be a ballpark not necessarily what we deem the player is worth to us. Considering our weakness in CM and Moyes confirming this and saying we've unlimited funds, it's only natural we will pay over the odds. And I've no problem with that because whilst Herrera will not be worth 36m to most clubs, he might very well be wort that to us since we need a player like him desperately. Basically, if you're desperate then pay the extra bit because the cost could be more going into the season without strengthening CM yet again.

Imagine if we actually get... A midfielder.

*goes to his happy place*

For all those saying it's a lot for an uncapped Spanish bloke, Illarramendi cost Madrid something like 35million Euros... I couldn't begin to say how much better (or worse) he is then Herrera, but that is the sort of figures we're talking about in this window.

It's fecking nuts!
Our transfer record is laughable anyway in today's day and age for such a big club.

Besides, the point is that if we think he's worth 30 then we rate him very highly. And an extra 6 million to get someone you rate that highly is the logical thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.