Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Guardian Transfer Feed:

Sid Lowe in Spain has been in touch and explained the Ander Herrera-Manchester United situation and it is a little bit more complicated than we first thought.
Sid confirms that the buy-out clause is indeed €36m but if the clubs cannot agree then the player would have to go to the league and deposit the money himself (and I think this is what happened with Sevilla's GeoffreyKondogbia earlier this week, although his transfer to Monaco still hasn't gone through.
So if my understanding of this is correct, United would have to pay Herrerra the €36m for him to pay it to Athletic. And there is a huge problem with this as the money then becomes taxable at a rate o f 52%!!! And that is obviously almost €19m, which changes everything.

I don't think Bayern paid tax on the Martinez deal so hopefully his understanding is wrong.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...s-eriksen-live#block-52209377e4b01790173db5cf

You think he has it in him to be a really top player?

A really top player? Probably not. I think he can be a better player than Carrick which is probably worth £25m+ in this market.

Can't believe people in here moaning that they'd not be happy breaking our transfer record ffs. What does it matter? Why must we protect a silly record? We need a midfielder, he is available if we meet the clause. Just pay it Woody.

While it's common to have a first bid rejected, we're kind of running out of time, so I'd much rather us just pay the asking fee if we think he's the right player. We can't afford to mess around at this stage.

Just the way it's been translated. It just means pay the €36m

Sid Lowe in Spain has been in touch and explained the Ander Herrera-Manchester United situation and it is a little bit more complicated than we first thought.
Sid confirms that the buy-out clause is indeed €36m but if the clubs cannot agree then the player would have to go to the league anddeposit the money himself (and I think this is what happened with Sevilla's GeoffreyKondogbia earlier this week, although his transfer to Monaco still hasn't gone through.
So if my understanding of this is correct, United would have to pay Herrerra the €36m for him to pay it to Athletic. And there is a huge problem with this as the money then becomes taxable at a rate o f52%!!! And that is obviously almost €19m, which changes everything.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...news-latest-bale-fellaini-baines-eriksen-live

While it's common to have a first bid rejected, we're kind of running out of time, so I'd much rather us just pay the asking fee if we think he's the right player. We can't afford to mess around at this stage.

I agree. I also fail to see the point of a lower bid in this case. If we bid 30 million euros and the buy-out clause is for 36 million euros, then obviously they are going to demand 36 million euros. In general the point of starting with a low bid is to anchor the negotiations towards a low number, so that for example you might be negotiating around the 30 million mark as opposed to the 40 or 50 million mark. But with a buy-out clause being in place, this tactic just makes no sense. If we are willing to pay 30, then surely we are willing to pay 36?

Sid confirms that the buy-out clause is indeed €36m but if the clubs cannot agree then the player would have to go to the league anddeposit the money himself (and I think this is what happened with Sevilla's GeoffreyKondogbia earlier this week, although his transfer to Monaco still hasn't gone through.
So if my understanding of this is correct, United would have to pay Herrerra the €36m for him to pay it to Athletic. And there is a huge problem with this as the money then becomes taxable at a rate o f52%!!! And that is obviously almost €19m, which changes everything.
http://www.theguardian.com/football...news-latest-bale-fellaini-baines-eriksen-live

That's interesting and answers my question above...

Surely then it only a matter of offering 1-2m over the release clause. Athletic get more and the buying club have to pay less in the end. :confused:

I don't get this. Has it always been like that regarding release clauses? It seems like the first we heard of it was with Martinez last summer.

Have we ruled out the possibility that this Herrera bid is only a gambit in the Fellaini negotiation?

Is it just me or every time we're in for a player we hear clauses, taxes and a million complications. Watching other clubs conduct their buisness, it looks pretty straight-forward.

We wouldn't actually break our record if we paid his release clause. Our current record stands at £30.75m, Herrera would cost €36m which is £30.73m.

Have we ruled out the possibility that this Herrera bid is only a gambit in the Fellaini negotiation?
Hope that's the case. Fellaini is the better player and fit to our midfield. Herrera seems like a panic buy and i hope this fals through.

Hope that's the case. Fellaini is the better player and fit to our midfield. Herrera seems like a panic buy and i hope this fals through.

Yeah, but you probably think Barry and Parker are better than Herrera.

Agreed. I'd be fecking devastated if we signed a young talented midfielder from Spain. I'd be delighted if we signed no one, even thrilled if we managed to sign no one and offload Rooney, Kagawa and Nani by the end of this transfer window. It'd be marvellous.

Agreed. I'd be fecking devastated if we signed a young talented midfielder from Spain. I'd be delighted if we signed no one, even thrilled if we managed to sign no one and offload Rooney, Kagawa and Nani by the end of this transfer window. It'd be marvellous.
Didn't say that, I'd still be exhilarated if we get Fellaini.

Out of place sarcasm is lame.

I really can't understand why we just don't bid the release clause in case we're indeed interested, it's only a few millions off.

You don't offer the full fee without testing the water first.

I really can't understand why we just don't bid the release clause in case we're indeed interested, it's only a few millions off.

Perhaps we only wanted to show Everton that Fellaini isn't our only target? I'm not saying that's the case but it's a viable explanation for our lower than release clause bid and you said "really can't understand."

How many times do people have to explain the Spanish release clause. Look up and you'll see why we never.

Status
Not open for further replies.