Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would he be a backup to Carrick, or a partner? I've never heard of him. Not even on FM.

I think €36m is pretty spot on for him really. We can't use the Fabregas bid as a basis because everyone knows we were bidding far too low on that.

We need to learn that this is standard fare nowadays though. It might be a bit "embarrassing" that he's our record signing but if we mean business moving forward we're going to have to break that transfer record regularly over the coming years. I mean look at Real and Barca's top transfers, not to mention the likes of City, Chelsea, Napoli etc.

It will be embarrassed only for people who love to be embarrassed. He won't be our record signing anyway, it's 40k lower than Berbatov.

And feck sake, I am embarrassed that Berbatov is our transfer record, he wasn't that good. I hate this club.

He is similar to Carrick, probably a better athlete at his age. He's not going to be a goal threat but he is very capable, creative and efficient in possession. Alongside Carrick in a 4231 we would have improved our starting eleven significantly.

He's very good, very creative although not really in terms of creating goals, but he is capable of defense splitting passes and is more attack oriented than Carrick or Cleverley are. He has a good shot too. He's 24 and off the back of a rather underwhelming season so I'm not sure he'll ever be a world beater but he'd be a top acquisition for us. He's also quite physically strong so I don't think he'd struggle to adapt.

Cheers. Sounds good tbh, would definitely improve our CM. Off to youtube now. Woody bloody well sign this lad now.

I think €36m is pretty spot on for him really. We can't use the Fabregas bid as a basis because everyone knows we were bidding far too low on that.

I honestly couldn't say as I don't know much about the lad. I'll take your word for it and if you think that 36m is about right, then he must be some player. Cocks out then?

Well what do you expect them to say when we give them a shit unrealistic bid? Every player has a price.

Please can we not drag this up again. The situation has changed.

Would he be a backup to Carrick, or a partner? I've never heard of him. Not even on FM.
A partner, he's certainly not a Carrick type player and is more attacking than the likes of Cleverley.

It makes the Fabregas bid even stranger though, can't work out what was going on there

They said that they won't sell Cesc and Cesc said that he isn't even thinking of leaving.

Fabregas said that a long time after the entire transfer was made public. He kept mum when everyone else at the club went public about their desire to keep him from their board to the coach to the players. His silence at the time told a lot. He was always going to come out with the "I never wanted to leave" shit once the move didnt materialize. If we'd got barca to accept a bid, he'd be here now.

I imagine, that unless we face competition for him, that we will try and get him for our preferred price and then spunk out for the release clause on deadline day out of desperation.

He's quite similar to Arteta, so one thing he'll bring is a good pedigree for ball retention and knocking it about.

Don't know how I'd feel about him being our record signing if it happened (I'm sure €36m converts to £31m). Upfront fees are deceptive, at the time many felt we overpaid for Carrick but 7 years later he's regarded as one of Sir Alex's most successful signings.

Well what do you expect them to say when we give them a shit unrealistic bid? Every player has a price.

They said 'feck off you wankers, we are not going to sell Cesc'. Cesc said 'My dream has always been to succeed at Barca, feck off Woody and go sign Fellaini'. I don't think that money was going to do anything, unless we went full retard and payed 50-60m.

I honestly couldn't say as I don't know much about the lad. I'll take your word for it and if you think that 36m is about right, then he must be some player. Cocks out then?

I don't know about "some player", he's very very good and would be an excellent fit here, but given what players are going for nowadays, that's just the going rate for a talented young Spanish midfielder (Martinez, Illarramendi).

It makes the Fabregas bid even stranger though, can't work out what was going on there

It's almost as if Woodie WouldFecker didn't ask Moyes for a valuation, and just decided hey, I'll go with a basic bid of 25m and see where it gets us. Yes, that seems perfect. Then runs off smiling to Moyes, saying he's made a bid.

Fabregas said that a long time after the entire transfer was made public. He kept mum when everyone else at the club went public about their desire to keep him from their board to the coach to the players. His silence at the time told a lot. He was always going to come out with the "I never wanted to leave" shit once the move didnt materialize. If we'd got barca to accept a bid, he'd be here now.

We only convinced ourselves about it. Same as Bale will choose United instead of Madrid. Wishful thinking without any basis.

We made a couple of low balls offer to test their resolve. There resolve was strong so we knew there was no point going any higher and stopped there.

If it had looked possible, we would have bid much more than 36m euros. We went 45m Euros for Lucas last year.

He's quite similar to Arteta, so one thing he'll bring is a good pedigree for ball retention and knocking it about.

Don't know how I'd feel about him being our record signing if it happened (I'm sure €36m converts to £31m). Upfront fees are deceptive, at the time many felt we overpaid for Carrick but 7 years later he's regarded as one of Sir Alex's most successful signings.

This all sounds promising, sounds like the type of player we need.

We shouldn't worry about breaking our transfer record anymore. Even Spurs are blowing £30m away every other week. This sort of price is becoming the norm for quality players, which is why our bid for Cesc was so insulting.

I imagine, that unless we face competition for him, that we will try and get him for our preferred price and then spunk out for the release clause on deadline day out of desperation.

Nope, we can't just trigger his release clause without paying the extra VAT on top. He needs to buy himself out of his contract for it to be €36m and that's not something you leave to deadline day!

Woodward is a right fecking weapon. Bidding £3m short of a release clause, getting in a transfer war with Everton for Fellaini when we could have had him 2 weeks ago hassle free at the price we'll likely end up paying. A fecking weapon.

A pretty feckin useless weapon. One that fires less than needed , and far too late to be effective.

Why do people keep moaning that we did't offer that much for Fabregas, or even ten or fifteen million more? If there was a release clause in Fabregas' contract of €46M we'd have paid it, as would a lot of other clubs to be fair. The release clause in Herrera's contract makes it (theoretically anyway) easier to negotiate. However, it also works the other way, as in if there was no release clause, Athletic would have been tempted to accept the 30M. But as it is, they can just say give us another 6M and we're golden.

We offered 30/35M for Fabregas, and were told no by Martino, by people on the board and by Fabregas himself. What would be the point in offering again?

feck sake, Woody only bids 25m pounds. Same for Cesc, Fellaini/Baines and Herrera. Does this mean that now he'll bid 25m for Messi and then the same for Osman?

Let's assume that he bid exactly 25m pounds. Doesn't mean that he really did it.

They said 'feck off you wankers, we are not going to sell Cesc'. Cesc said 'My dream has always been to succeed at Barca, feck off Woody and go sign Fellaini'. I don't think that money was going to do anything, unless we went full retard and payed 50-60m.

This is a discussion for a different thread I suppose. But its utterly bizarre how low we valued Fabregas, bidding more on Herrera is laughable. This whole window has been mental. :lol:

We're over paying for Herrera by about 15m.

We made a couple of low balls offer to test their resolve. There resolve was strong so we knew there was no point going any higher and stopped there.

Maybe, but if you want to test their resolve then just bid the £40million that he is worth.

If we're paying £30million for Herrera then the club has the money and it seems strange to not just go in with a proper bid.

This thread is just going to be people saying "why don't we just pay the 36 million euros? FFS" followed by people explaining that Bilbao will ask for it to be paid in a way that requires tax to be paid so we end up paying far more, only for more people to ignore the tax issue and demand we pay the 36 million euros and the cycle continues either until he signs or the window closes now, isn't it?

No good videos about. Half of it was him just arguing with refs :lol:

I don't know about "some player", he's very very good and would be an excellent fit here, but given what players are going for nowadays, that's just the going rate for a talented young Spanish midfielder (Martinez, Illarramendi).

True. That market has gone crazy over recent years and we really shouldn't use our transfer record as reason to suspect that we are getting a wold class player.

He's much more mobile and direct than Arteta, IMO. Arteta's biggest issue is he's a passive player which is what's stopped him from being a top level player. Herrera has no such problem.

Well they can't really buy anyone to replace him, they're pool of players to choose from is extremely limited.

Buying players isn't the only cost involved in running a football club.

Why do people keep moaning that we did't offer that much for Fabregas, or even ten or fifteen million more? If there was a release clause in Fabregas' contract of €46M we'd have paid it, as would a lot of other clubs to be fair. The release clause in Herrera's contract makes it (theoretically anyway) easier to negotiate. However, it also works the other way, as in if there was no release clause, Athletic would have been tempted to accept the 30M. But as it is, they can just say give us another 6M and we're golden.

We offered 30/35M for Fabregas, and were told no by Martino, by people on the board and by Fabregas himself. What would be the point in offering again?

Still, to start off with a bid for 25m, for Fabregas is a bit of a joke. I know the market's inflated, but considering that he's premiership proven, a great CM, and young means that to me we saw it as a cheeky way to just get a low bid in and see what would happen rather than taking Barca seriously and proposing a half decent offer in teh first place.
I'm not saying giving outrageous bucks were needed, but a little higher than a starting bid of 25m would be a start.

This thread is just going to be people saying "why don't we just pay the 36 million euros? FFS" followed by people explaining that Bilbao will ask for it to be paid in a way that requires tax to be paid so we end up paying far more, only for more people to ignore the tax issue and demand we pay the 36 million euros and the cycle continues either until he signs or the window closes now, isn't it?

Tell me about it, tried mentioning it about 3 times already but no one is catching on. Thought they might of learnt after the Thiago saga!

Status
Not open for further replies.