Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how you're coming to that conclusion, considering anyone who watches La Liga will know that he's considering one of its brightest talents outside the top two.

I am fairly sure many of Utd fans will never have heard of him. I watch quite a bit of La Liga but I must admit I have only ever seen him play a handfull of times and admit further than I didnt take a huge amount of notice of him. Its more through stuff I have seen written about him that I know he is well thought of.

No idea why we didn't bid 2-3 weeks ago when the Fabregas deal died but it's still mental that we didn't just pay the extra 6 million. Do we not ever learn?

fecking hell. Another midfielder transfer saga on the cards.

Can Eddy Woody just submit the 36m bid and be done with it?

Sincerely hope we do not pay out, they will falter under the pressure and accept if we increas the offer a little. Smells like a panic buy anywau, do not want.

Save the money and aim for next summer.

They do not negotiate with terrorists.

Sincerely hope we do not pay out, they will falter under the pressure and accept if we increas the offer a little. Smells like a panic buy anywau, do not want.

Bilbao don't need the money, they can't replace him anyway. So they will wait for his release clause to be met and they have to sell him.

Exactly. I'd be thrilled if we didn't sign him.

If we had a huge transfer record(say €50M+) we would'nt really have a problem paying €36M for Herrera or the likes. The fact that he will become our transfer record signing will be playing on the minds of those in power I'd imagine, rightly or wrongly.

You apparently have to knowledge on how Athletic deals with transfers. If they say they they will sell only for 36m, then the only way to get him is to pay 36m. Or to wait until 2016 when his contract expires.

I am fairly sure many of Utd fans will never have heard of him. I watch quite a bit of La Liga but I must admit I have only ever seen him play a handfull of times and admit further than I didnt take a huge amount of notice of him. Its more through stuff I have seen written about him that I know he is well thought of.

he was immense against us in the Europa only 18 months ago.

I don't think there's enough time left in the window to prepare a new bid TBF.

You just know we will offer 35m and refuse to pay more!

I reckon 74m and we get all three targets

Doubtful, especially if it is true that his buy out clause increases next year. If he goes to have a good season again they can get more next summer.

I think we should, but like I said earlier, it’s a bigger risk than most. But I think we are desperate

Can someone shed some light on how good he is and how he fits in here?

You apparently have to knowledge on how Athletic deals with transfers. If they say they they will sell only for 36m, then the only way to get him is to pay 36m. Or to wait until 2016 when his contract expires.
We could wait. Giggs still has 3-4 seasons left in him.

This release clause shite isn't as straight forward though. Release clause is there for clubs in Spain if they bid, we are lumped with taxes then I think if we do bid it. Same bollocks about the Thiago release clause.

It's only an email according to Mourinho.
Chelsea don't prepare good solid bids though, we've been over that. United's bids are the way they should be.

This release clause shite isn't as straight forward though. Release clause is there for clubs in Spain if they bid, we are lumped with taxes then I think if we do bid it. Same bollocks about the Thiago release clause.

I believe that is at the discretion of the selling club though.

Well if we're willing to spend €36M on Herrera, why don't we lump another €10M on top of that and give Barcelona a genuine offer for Fabregas? fecking stupid.

The feck do Bilbao want the money for anyway? They don't buy players all too often, and when they do, it's local youngsters for pennies. Why don't we just agree that Wayne Rooney will shag one of the local birds, and in 18 years time, they'll have their own Basque superstar.

Well if we're willing to spend €36M on Herrera, why don't we lump another €10M on top of that and give Barcelona a genuine offer for Fabregas? fecking stupid.

They said that they won't sell Cesc and Cesc said that he isn't even thinking of leaving.

Yep, that's the 1st thing I said too once the bid amount was made public.

I will be amazed if we pay more for this lad, than we offered for Fabregas. :eek:

Can someone shed some light on how good he is and how he fits in here?

He's very good, very creative although not really in terms of creating goals, but he is capable of defense splitting passes and is more attack oriented than Carrick or Cleverley are. He has a good shot too. He's 24 and off the back of a rather underwhelming season so I'm not sure he'll ever be a world beater but he'd be a top acquisition for us. He's also quite physically strong so I don't think he'd struggle to adapt.

If we had a huge transfer record(say €50M+) we would'nt really have a problem paying €36M for Herrera or the likes. The fact that he will become our transfer record signing will be playing on the minds of those in power I'd imagine, rightly or wrongly.

We need to learn that this is standard fare nowadays though. It might be a bit "embarrassing" that he's our record signing but if we mean business moving forward we're going to have to break that transfer record regularly over the coming years. I mean look at Real and Barca's top transfers, not to mention the likes of City, Chelsea, Napoli etc.

On Athletics official twitter. Club said it's not about the money and they don't need the money. We either reach the buy out clause or he ain't going. fecking stupid.

So let's do this. Reach the release clause and get done with it. Kid is great. And we need a CM.

They said that they won't sell Cesc and Cesc said that he isn't even thinking of leaving.

Aye, but if we tabled a 40m bid, then barca may just have accepted, which then may have made Fab feel not wanted. Anyway, that's done and dusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.