Ander Herrera is a Manchester United Player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't want him, fine.

If we do want him, pay the few extra millions. Enough with trying to show the world what great businessmen we are. We aren't. Get it done.

So we're willing to bid 5mil less than what we would for Fabregas? Impressive.

If we don't want him, fine.

If we do want him, pay the few extra millions. Enough with trying to show the world what great businessmen we are. We aren't. Get it done.

Totally agree mate. Telling the media that we could sign a £70 million rated player if we wanted and then haggling over a couple of million is fecking retarded.

So we're willing to bid 5mil less than what we would for Fabregas? Impressive.

I'm not sure why people keep using the Fabregas stuff. I think it's fairly clear the club would've gone higher and higher if barca and Cesc hadn't basically said "feck off, I'm happy here"

Even if we by a miracle got the bid accepted, would the player want to move to a foreign country? Seldom a Basque player would i think, though you would tell me Alonso and Llorente did

I'm not sure why people keep using the Fabregas stuff. I think it's fairly clear the club would've gone higher and higher if barca and Cesc hadn't basically said "feck off, I'm happy here"

Fabregas took ages to say that. What we needed to do was put in a bid that Barca would consider 1st because it was always highly unlikely they'd want to sell.

Fabregas took ages to say that. What we needed to do was put in a bid that Barca would consider 1st because it was always highly unlikely they'd want to sell.

yes the club were a bit thick over the whole thing but I don't for a second believe that €35m was the limit on it.

On Athletics official twitter. Club said it's not about the money and they don't need the money. We either reach the buy out clause or he ain't going. fecking stupid.

Why pay more than you need to?

The club must have had signals that he wasnt happy and might want to the move. An offer was put in and rejected, as is usually the case. If the player is agitiated and wants to go then that stregthens your negotiating position.

What some people seemingly fail to realise is that negotiations will "unoffically" start long before a bid is made so that the club can decide if there's any point. What would clearly have happened her is that if Fabregas had asked Barca to move, then they would have probably accepted that and told United what they want.

Why make a mega bid for a player when if he's unhappy and forces the selling clubs hand you might get him for much much less? The key is whether the player wants the move, if he does you then seriously discuss what the club wants for the player. You can discuss the move with the players agent before so why make a huge bid first?

BREAKING: Manchester United’s €30 million offer for Spanish midfielder confirmed by club

Athletic Bilbao have confirmed Manchester United’s €30 million offer for Ander Herrera but declared that the midfielder will only leave when his €36 million release clause is met.
Jose Urrutia, the club’s president, confirmed the bid at a press conference this afternoon and stated that there would be ‘no negotiation’ with his transfer fee meaning that United will have to increase their offer to land their player.
“There is an offer for Ander Herrera,” he said.
“We received it yesterday and we have informed them that we will not negotiate for our players.”
The 24-year-old midfielder is an integral part of Bilbao’s free flowing style of football and David Moyes has made his move to bring him to Old Trafford. If United are willing to fork out €30 million on Herrera, then spending an extra €6 million to secure their man would make sense as losing out on another target at this stage is almost unthinkable.

Apparently Jose Urrutia (Athletic president) confirmed that United made a bid of 30m which was rejected. They let the player leave only if United met the release clause though.

Come on Woody, add those extra 6 million EUR and do it. feck Baines and Fellaini.

yes the club were a bit thick over the whole thing but I don't for a second believe that €35m was the limit on it.

Me neither but we fecked around too much for fabregas to actually believe we wanted him badly enough to leave Barca. We needed to get it done while he was still contemplating.

Urrutia has confirmed a €30m bid has been rejected. :annoyed:

They're always cnuts when it comes to selling players. Reckon we'l need to match the buyout clause if we want him.

"Pay up or shut up".

This is the first time this Summer that a club we've submitted a bid to seems to be willing to sell. Get it done lads.

I think we should at this stage just get the deal done

But €36 mill equals just under £31m. This uncapped guy many of us will have never heard of until yesterday could be our record signing.

It’s a risk

But €36 mill equals just under £31m. This uncapped guy many of us will have never heard of until yesterday could be our record signing.

It’s a risk

Not sure how you're coming to that conclusion, considering anyone who watches La Liga will know that he's considering one of its brightest talents outside the top two.

Really? I just googled it and it said £. I'll change it.

it was £26.5m and £30m, I think.

Why pay more than you need to?

The club must have had signals that he wasnt happy and might want to the move. An offer was put in and rejected, as is usually the case. If the player is agitiated and wants to go then that stregthens your negotiating position.

What some people seemingly fail to realise is that negotiations will "unoffically" start long before a bid is made so that the club can decide if there's any point. What would clearly have happened her is that if Fabregas had asked Barca to move, then they would have probably accepted that and told United what they want.

Why make a mega bid for a player when if he's unhappy and forces the selling clubs hand you might get him for much much less? The key is whether the player wants the move, if he does you then seriously discuss what the club wants for the player. You can discuss the move with the players agent before so why make a huge bid first?

Why pay more than you need to? Really? 35mil for fabregas in the current market was a joke. It'd have been okay had that been the 1st bid but it was our last.

Nobody is stupid enough to think that the process starts with the 1st bid but with fabregas and barca, it was always going to be a case of us putting in a bid that'd be accepted rather than fabregas forcing his way out, he was never going to do that. This wasnt a usual transfer.

Sincerely hope we do not pay out, they will falter under the pressure and accept if we increas the offer a little. Smells like a panic buy anywau, do not want.

Save the money and aim for next summer.

Sincerely hope we do not pay out, they will falter under the pressure and accept if we increas the offer a little. Smells like a panic buy anywau, do not want.

Save the money and aim for next summer.

They wont.

I'm happy their president has seemingly 'outed' us and made it clear what the situation is. It appears no that we know what we have to do, so if we don't manage to come to an agreement with Athletic, we can have no conspiracy theories as to what went wrong.

I'd also recommend we acted quick before another club just offer 36million euros and get it done.

Hold on tight - we've got our thread for the rest of the window :cool: :D

It’s a risk

Just being pedantic, 36m EUR is 30.71m pounds. It will be for 0.04m lower than our record.

Status
Not open for further replies.