View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toure, Silva and Aguero hardly cost a frightening amount of money though. I'd say they got good deals on them considering the money everybody knew they had at their disposal.

They we're steals especially Silva.

Toure, Silva and Aguero hardly cost a frightening amount of money though. I'd say they got good deals on them considering the money everybody knew they had at their disposal.

Eh yes. City were building from a lower base too.

We just underachieved last season i.e one season in 20 odd now ?.

It's not like we are a mid table club trying to reach the top either or have a bad squad or something.

Well the point was more that if someone else came in for those players, City would raise their bid.
They didn't have to on those occasions, but they could have and in all likelyhood would have. It was only about last season that they decided there was a limit to how much they'll pay for a player, when talks about Fernando and Mangala ended in Jan. They still came back to Porto and are paying it even though they know its too much.

Unfortunately we're not in the situation City are in. We might have some money (although less now we've spent a fair bit already) but there are still lots of clubs who can outbid us and some of them can offer champions league football that we can't.

It would have been hard to get Kroos and Pogba when we're the champions let alone when we're nowhere near and not in the top competition that most players care about.

"In training every day we are passing the ball" yussss

Herrera saying we train like Bilbao, always with the ball and the manager wants us to keep possession and control games. Big change from Moyes time pretty much.

Amidst all the talk of Vidal, it's worth remembering that this lad is a top player and I reckon he's going to shine here. I can't wait to see him lining out for us.

Anyone just see some bromance between Ashley Young and Herrera there. Young, you best step the feck off!

Herrera saying we train like Bilbao, always with the ball and the manager wants us to keep possession and control games. Big change from Moyes time pretty much.

Guessing Moyesy took the set pieces booklet with him after Everton away last season.

Amidst all the talk of Vidal, it's worth remembering that this lad is a top player and I reckon he's going to shine here. I can't wait to see him lining out for us.

For sure. I think in time there's a good chance we'll consider him the most important addition to have come in this summer.

He'll surprise a lot of people next season I'm sure.

How come we get all the classy Spaniards here?

The lad comes across excellently in his interviews.

Think he's really going to give it his all here and it'll be responded to in kind by the fans.

I'd quite like to see Fellaini play as a pure DM once someone sits him down and gives him some actual tactical instructions rather than letting him run amok.

He's looked positionally poor and suspect in the tackle but that's partly because Moyes seemed to insist on some bizarre box-to-box role which he simply doesn't have the stamina for. If you think back to his debut against Valencia, Fellaini got plaudits for a solid display where he sat deep, broke up play and passed it on simply but effectively to the better players. It all went tits up after that, punctuated by a few injuries.

Before he was signed, there was a bit of optimism regarding his ability to play a range of roles - as a 10, a DM and a box-to-box. As above he doesn't seem to have the stamina for the latter, he was never going to play 10 for us so DM seemed the obvious choice, but I'm not convinced he played there more than a couple of times. It's unspectacular and certainly not worth 28m - it was never going to be - but that's the only role I can see him playing. He's an obvious candidate to get the chop but if that's the case we probably need another two midfielders this summer given that Carrick is out. Might be better off giving him a shot as a more restricted DM and focusing on a proper partner for Herrera instead of forcing a massive overhaul.

It's not that he isn't capable but you would still want him to start his career in the most relaxing context.

There's never a relaxing context at Man Utd really. Ultimately he was always going to be thrown in at the deep end. I'm sure he'll do fine.

Louie already stated that he like Herrera. He'll give him huge boost of confidence just like he gave all less experienced Dutch players on the tournament.

Not worried about Herrera in a slightest bit. I'm actually worried if Fletcher and Carrick will keep up with his pace and effervescent energetic decisions.

The guy is going to start with some huge responsibility. A bit worrying really.
This. At this point, he might be starting the season as United's only non-useless midfield player. Loads of expectation for a guy in his first season in a new league. Fingers crossed for him he does well or it'll shine a negative spotlight on him as he'll be the most recognizable face.

I'm not worried about Herrera starting the season as an important player right. He said it himself in the last interview, he's ready and eager to play as soon as possible. He may prefer an all-out approach rather than a relaxed one, and starting him in a key role could be precisely what he wants.

He needs a reliable partner and we have none of them and that's very worrying, it's asking way to much of a new signing to somehow transform our relegation like midfield single handedly.

He needs a reliable partner and we have none of them and that's very worrying, it's asking way to much of a new signing to somehow transform our relegation like midfield single handedly.

Haha it's not that bad.

An intelligent lad as well as an intelligent footballer, technically great, great work rate and flexibility and you just know he'll be a favourite of LVG's.

He's really got to settle into things ASAP now Carrick is out.

Looking forward to seeing him in action now. No hiding places for this one!

He looks damn good. If we could get another good midfielder alongside him we'd be sorted in midfield.

Slightly concerning that we're now heavily reliant on a lad who has yet to play for us or in the Premier League. :lol:

I'm not "worried" about him but I'd like him to get the best possible start in a Untied shirt and that requires us buying another top CM to play alongside him, not expecting him to carry our current CM dreck.

I think he's been a bit under rated by everyone. I honestly think Herrera has all the tools to go on and dominate. Spanish Aaron Ramsey, with better technique but as good shooting.

with carrick out, who do you think will partner him, someone who should be aware of defensive duties. Cleverley would be my first option if I have Herrera and count with carrick out injured but he is awfull defensively and all the running won't do the trick. Fletcher, Fellaini? my godness.. ronney converting to defensive minded box to box midfielder:nervous:

wellthis is all bull, we need to sign a midfielder or two, anyway we will see if Luis can make some wonders with the options we have. maybe he could try out something like 5-1-4 formation

Status
Not open for further replies.