View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just imagine how good Herrera and Vidal would be together? Both have the perfect blend of defensive and attacking attributes. I think we would have the most balanced midfield in the league.

Just imagine how good Herrera and Vidal would be together? Both have the perfect blend of defensive and attacking attributes. I think we would have the most balanced midfield in the league.

We'd need another behind them (Carrick/Strootman/someone/anyone) because otherwise it'll be like Lampard and Gerrard. Not balanced at all.

We'd need another behind them (Carrick/Strootman/someone/anyone) because otherwise it'll be like Lampard and Gerrard. Not balanced at all.
I trust van Gaal to find a solution. Carrick is still a quality midfielder. He will thrive with better players around him.

Meh... storm in a teacup.

You could easily make an alternative interpretation that Butt thinks that Herrera is every bit as good as Kroos and Pogba, but simply has a lower profile.

Meh... storm in a teacup.

You could easily make an alternative interpretation that Butt thinks that Herrera is every bit as good as Kroos and Pogba, but simply has a lower profile.
This.

This is Nicky's opinion of Ander Herrera in full.

BsvUOeKCIAAQmSQ.png

It's easy to take one quote out of context and make it look like he is criticising Ander.

Very naive of Butt to compare Herrera like that openly to the media. Stupid move.

These things can also motivate a player. It depends what kind of mentality the lad has, but from what I've been reading, he's an intelligent enough to not let stuff like this get to him.

Why is it critisism to suggest Ander Hererra isn't as good as Kroos or Pogba? Kroos was one of the standout players to help Germany win the world cup and Pogba was arguably Juventus' best player last season at just 21

Almost everyone (that isn't a United fan) would agree that Kroos and Pogba are clearly in a different bracket to Ander Hererra. And if we hadn't signed him, our fans would agree as well.

That doesn't mean Ander isn't a really good midfielder himself who will clearly improve us a lot in that area. Just because you aren't one of the world's best - yet, doesn't in any way suggest that you are bad.

Ander will know himself that he hasn't shown the same ability and proven himself like the other 2 yet

These things can also motivate a player. It depends what kind of mentality the lad has, but from what I've been reading, he's an intelligent enough to not let stuff like this get to him.

Regardless of how Herrera takes it, Butt is in no position for him to make such comments hes not the manager possibly trying to motivate a player hes not even sure of being a part of the club under van Gaal.

A bit sad that employees of this club openly admit that we are not able to pull off big signings, considering the money we can spend

I don't read it as comparison of their skills, and if those two are "better" than Herrera. More about demand for Kroos and Pogba, and spotlight on them. Especially after World Cup. We "widened the net" and got a Herrera. It's more "our scouts can beat your scouts".

A bit sad that employees of this club openly admit that we are not able to pull off big signings, considering the money we can spend
He said they are not easy to get - which is completely true. Just look at the Vidal deal!. Stop whinging he has said nothing wrong.

Typical Journo's twisting words to create headlines.

He said they are not easy to get - which is completely true. Just look at the Vidal deal!. Stop whinging he has said nothing wrong.

Typical Journo's twisting words to create headlines.

Hard to get so we have to look elsewhere. That is exactly what he said. It may be true for United but it is still a bit sad considering that we have to strengthen our squad badly if we want to compete again.

It was probably hard for Real Madrid to get Kroos as well.

Certainly. Still went for him. Butt made it sound like those who are hard to get are not targets for us. We have to look for others. Not a big deal but nor very reassuring neither

Very few clubs who aren't in the champions league have managed to sign the top players

Man City did it by selling their 'project' and throwing their cash around. We evidently have the money to spend, have a top class manager and are the giant of English football. I'm not sure why it's deemed out of our reach at all.

Certainly. Still went for him. Butt made it sound like those who are hard to get are not targets for us. We have to look for others. Not a big deal but nor very reassuring neither

It is Butt he probably knows as little as we do about our transfer dealings.

We obviously are targeting the best players whether we get them is a different question

I'm sure Herrera's rocking back and forth, full clothed, in the shower. I'm sure he thought he was the best midfielder in the world.

Man City did it by selling their 'project' and throwing their cash around. We evidently have the money to spend, have a top class manager and are the giant of English football. I'm not sure why it's deemed out of our reach at all.

Unlike City we can and will be outbid often. They had the most money at the time

Unlike City we can and will be outbid often. They had the most money at the time

Toure, Silva and Aguero hardly cost a frightening amount of money though. I'd say they got good deals on them considering the money everybody knew they had at their disposal.

Why would this bother Herrera? It's hardly a confidence killer to hear you're not as good as players who are obviously better than him. Everyone knows he's not as good as those players, it's a fact.

Why would he say it though? What is the point of publicly telling a player that you'll possibly be working with he's not as good as the targets that United should be aiming for?

Status
Not open for further replies.