View full 2014-15 profile

6.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we might as well not even play the lad if we don't sign another CM. He means nothing. We might as well just play Ando in that case.
Not exactly what I said is it, he needs a midfielder to compliment him, one which we don't have have. But then again I forgot that a few days ago you thought that Herrera was Modric reincarnated which says it all really.

Herrera seems a perfect fit for the 4-3-3 LvG still prefers. Let's wait and see if another CM will be signed.

Not exactly what I said is it, he needs a midfielder to compliment him, one which we don't have have. But then again I forgot that a few days ago you thought that Herrera was Modric reincarnated which says it all really.

You must be mistaking me with somebody else. A midfielder to compliment him would be ideal, but he'll still improve us regardless, so it doesn't mean nothing if we don't sign somebody else. I was half joking anyway, I know you didn't literally mean that.

Wouldn't Felling be a decent partner for him?
Poor lad if he has to rely on Fellaini as his partner. Really don't think so. But maybe LvG is a magician and could turn even Fellaini into someone who could look remotely like a midfielder.

Herrera seems a perfect fit for the 4-3-3 LvG still prefers. Let's wait and see if another CM will be signed.
Still won't stop some saying Van Gaal will play 3-5-2. 4-3-3 is the way forward.

You must be mistaking me with somebody else. A midfielder to compliment him would be ideal, but he'll still improve us regardless, so it doesn't mean nothing if we don't sign somebody else. I was half joking anyway, I know you didn't literally mean that.
He'll def improve us but midfield still needs additions for sure. I don't get jokes this early man!! Gimme another 2 hours for my brain to engage.

Herrera's stats should improve now he's going to play with RVP and co.

I have rarely seen him play, but I'll just add some generic praise to fit in and make me sound knowledgeable.

He'll be a star, he'll change the midfield, I don't even think people realize how much of a good signing this will turn out to be. Really good player.

I have rarely seen him play, but I'll just add some generic praise to fit in and make me sound knowledgeable.

He'll be a star, he'll change the midfield, I don't even think people realize how much of a good signing this will turn out to be. Really good player.
:lol:

Hush. We don't say such things out aloud. Just play along.

I don't think you're actually disagreeing with what him. He's simply saying that Herrera doesn't look like a Scholes-type passer and that if we were to add another midfielder it'd ideally be a playmaker. He doesn't need one to play alongside him but I personally think we need a playmaker with the way our team is set up. I agree he's an "above average" passer but I don't think anyone was suggesting otherwise. He's just not a great passer. I love Vidal but it would be a little frustrating for me to see us spend £60m+ on two midfielders and still lack a passer in the middle.

Well, if reports are to believed, LVG turned down Kroos which basically is one of the best playmakers in the game, so he clearly feels he doesn't feel he needs one.

From what I've seen in LVGs teams he never used a deep playmaking midfielder. It's always 2 energetic midfielders(usually one more defensive and one box to box) and one that plays in a more advanced role that usually is a playmaker or one that plays behind the striker.

I personally think that if we're going to buy another CM, it's gonna be a defensive midfielder or somebody similar to Ander that is strong both attacking and defensive.

Anyway, we have no idea how the team will be set up under LVG, we can't even be sure what formation he is going to play. So, we're basically just speculating. Can't wait to see how it works out.

Last edited:
Is there a link floating about to the full interview?

He plays!! Not all games but he plays as a centre midfield for Atletico. Not so sure if I'm asking a player like Scholes or Pirlo. I'm just talking about their pass. And I don't think I said Gabi's passing is better than them. But at least we know that Koke's passing is better than any our last season centre midfield passes including Herrera. Which we can say Atletico has a great passer in their team.

Herrera is energetic judging from the compilation matches I watched. He can do both defense and attack. And obviously he does running as well. So I guess there we go we have your answer now Herrera. A midfielder who can do both attack and defense, energetic and more running. But just imagine if LVG have Pirlo or Alonso or Scholes or Giggs or even Koke in his Netherlands team. Man, he's probably will be more pleased.

This I don't agree with. Koke's role at Atleti is very similar to Silva's at City. He comes into central areas off the flank. Atleti play a compact 4-4-2 that makes them tough to break down and opens up triangles and passing angles going forward. Its a hallmark of theirs which everyone in Spain recognises because 4-4-2 is so alien to La Liga. Koke can play in centre midfield, Del Bosque used him there in the World Cup against Australia. However, Simeone tends to use him off the flank.

How would Van Gaal use the players you mentioned? I dunno. He got on well with Guardiola and Xavi when he was Barcelona manager. It has usually been Van Gaal's preference to use powerful, technically gifted players like Davids and Seedorf but he made Guardiola his captain. Still, I doubt he would have done that if Guardiola would've been like Pirlo e.g. a pure play maker instead of a tackler with vision. Alonso, who is similar to Guardiola in the sense that he puts his foot in, I could see as a number 6 in Van Gaal's system. Maybe he would've dropped his 10 to include Pirlo, Scholes or Giggs, as its never been a hard rule that Van Gaal's creative midfielder operates in the hole as opposed to as part of a genuine midfield three.

Anyways, all of that is irrelevant. We have Ander Herrera, the so-called Spanish Steven Gerrard. I for one couldn't be happier. :D

Few seasons ago we complained we did not have our own little Spanish maestro in midfield, now we have 2:D

Deeecent player

:lol: Iv'e watched every youtube video available on the interent. I consider myself an expert on everything Ander Hererra. So, what are his attributes again?.

Amazing questions there:

Will Mata and De Gea help you settle in?
Are you excited to work with Van Gaal?
Are you excited about the new season?

Questions to which there can be only one answer, always the vital ingredient for any fascinating interview.

Actually, there was one good bit of that:

Q: What is your style of play?
A: Im a midfielder, that is one of my best qualities. And I always like to participate.

Cant be denied that a midfielder who will participate is exactly what many of us have wanted for a long time. Feels like he knew his audience with that one.

I cant wait to see him let his football do the talking.

Stewart Gardner always asks shit questions. Maybe he thinks all the footballers are stupid and he tries to keep it simple. :lol:

UHGeulFt.jpeg

This gave me a warm fuzzy feeling :drool:

Every picture with Booby Charlton gives me that feeling! I said it last year, from the soundings after the screw-up last year, that there were no bridges being burned. I felt that this was a player that wanted to play for United. Delighted to see him here and hope he's a success.

Still not a punch-the-air type signing, but it's close! However, after last season, the unveiling of a new kit would nearly make me do that.

Stewart Gardner always asks shit questions. Maybe he thinks all the footballers are stupid and he tries to keep it simple. :lol:
It does seem that way doesnt it. You can ask exactly the same questions but in a less leading way to get a more considered answer:

Would you have come to United were it not for Mata and De Gea?
How much do you know about Van Gaal?
United have just had a very poor season by their standards. What is your target for the club next season?

Not the best questions, but better than the ones he asked.

Its a bit of a bugbear of mine but the quality of journalism in football is scandalous in the UK. If you see a really good interview you really notice it because most of it is complete dross.

It does seem that way doesnt it. You can ask exactly the same questions but in a less leading way to get a more considered answer:

Would you have come to United were it not for Mata and De Gea?
How much do you know about Van Gaal?
United have just had a very poor season by their standards. What is your target for the club next season?

Not the best questions, but better than the ones he asked.

Its a bit of a bugbear of mine but the quality of journalism in football is scandalous in the UK. If you see a really good interview you really notice it because most of it is complete dross.

Well, at least he didn't ask his usual trade mark shite question this time: "How much are you looking forward to play with Wayne Rooney?" :lol:

Here you go mate, not the best quality video wise but decent sound quality.

He looks to have a really good head on his shoulders. In fact, all of our Spaniards do. Mata and Dave will do everything they can to help them settle I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.