Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

Looking at how well rangers are doing in the Europa League maybe they are much better than people give them credit for. He is not above a loan to the championship like some people were saying.

The summer we signed Amad, van de Beek and Pellistri for £60m+ instead of buying a DM was atrocious, showed everyone we've no intent on being serious challengers for sometime imo.

I actually like these signings. They at least showed some thinking and planning (in theory) IMO the right type of players we should be signing. The Ronaldo one, the VdB one, the Maguire one, the AWB one, the Telles one... that's the real problem that we hopefully won't be doing again.

The summer we signed Amad, van de Beek and Pellistri for £60m+ instead of buying a DM was atrocious, showed everyone we've no intent on being serious challengers for sometime imo.

As mentioned previously there was an element of pre Brexit panic around some of our signings as we were looking to grab young foreign talent before the racist fecks leavers made it much harder to get work permits sorted etc.

I actually like these signings. They at least showed some thinking and planning (in theory) IMO the right type of players we should be signing. The Ronaldo one, the VdB one, the Maguire one, the AWB one, the Telles one... that's the real problem that we hopefully won't be doing again.
As mentioned previously there was an element of pre Brexit panic around some of our signings as we were looking to grab young foreign talent before the racist fecks leavers made it much harder to get work permits sorted etc.
I'm not saying that the 3 mentioned won't go on to have good careers at United, its just the fact that neither are contributing towards our season, when we could've used the money better to buy someone who could have been.

He’s exceptional. It doesn’t matter if he is doing well or not over there. He should be given a chance here.

Loans been a bit of a disappointment tbf.

Id be amazed if he starts vs Celtic. It’s not like he hasn’t had opportunities either.

Maybe after the new manager comes in then we have a new football identity and culture in place which young players like Amad can hopefully thrive in.

My biggest disappointment of Ole’s reign is that he didn’t give young players a chance. He was always in job saving mode.

If we sign Antony and give Rashford a new contract as reported, then he'll need to be loaned out for a few more seasons as he'll have Sancho, Rashford, Elanga and Antony all ahead of him.

He’s exceptional. It doesn’t matter if he is doing well or not over there. He should be given a chance here.
So it doesn't matter whether the loan that he should be using to prove he's worth minutes here isn't going well, he should just be given minutes anyway? How does that work?

If we sign Antony and give Rashford a new contract as reported, then he'll need to be loaned out for a few more seasons as he'll have Sancho, Rashford, Elanga and Antony all ahead of him.

Surely he will disappear once Ralf has gone.

Amad is 10x the player Elanga is.

The obsession with this guy is something else, but very much symptomatic of the weird online dwelling football fan which is so omnipresent nowadays.

How is it possible to claim this lad is “exceptional” or 10 x the player Elanga is when he’s had 20 senior appearances in his entire career?

I’m sorry to say it but whenever a loan doesn’t work out like this it hardly ever ends with the player in question making it at the highest level, and why would it? If he was good enough, Rangers would be starting him every game.

The obsession with this guy is something else, but very much symptomatic of the weird online dwelling football fan which is so omnipresent nowadays.

How is it possible to claim this lad is “exceptional” or 10 x the player Elanga is when he’s had 20 senior appearances in his entire career?

I’m sorry to say it but whenever a loan doesn’t work out like this it hardly ever ends with the player in question making it at the highest level, and why would it? If he was good enough, Rangers would be starting him every game.
It's bizarre. He only played a handful of games for Atalanta and a couple for us. So far Elanga has more senior appearances, more goals and is the same age. I suspect Elanga will wind up not United quality longterm but to say Diallo is better, let alone ten times better, is mental.

It's bizarre. He only played a handful of games for Atalanta and a couple for us. So far Elanga has more senior appearances, more goals and is the same age. I suspect Elanga will wind up not United quality longterm but to say Diallo is better, let alone ten times better, is mental.
Amad is better than Elanga. That shouldn't be a controversial opinion.

Amad is better than Elanga. That shouldn't be a controversial opinion.
Based on what? People state this like it's a fact when amad is benched for Rangers and elanga is playing for united. All evidence points to the contrary...including the coaches that see/saw them day in and day out. But Remember the Geese off the internet says it's definitely the case so must be true.

Unlikely considering Amad definitely hasn't been 10x better than Elanga for them.
Based on my personal experience Amad & Hannibal looked a level above our other youngsters. Obviously not 10x better, but I don't think that whoever said that meant it literally.

Edit: it doesn't mean that Amad would definitely end up as a better player, but he is more talented.

Based on my personal experience Amad & Hannibal looked a level above our other youngsters. Obviously not 10x better, but I don't think that whoever said that meant it literally.
I think his style is easier on the eye which I think can sway people. In terms of his productivity and effectiveness I don't think he's looked any better and in terms of looking more 'ready' when they step up i reckon elanga takes it.

Based on what? People state this like it's a fact when amad is benched for Rangers and elanga is playing for united. All evidence points to the contrary...including the coaches that see/saw them day in and day out. But Remember the Geese of the internet says it's definitely the case so much be true.
Based on what I have seen. Elanga is a good young player, but he is nothing special. He is playing far too many games at the moment, but that's not his fault. Amad being thrown under the bus by Rangers is pretty irrelevant. Only last season, James Garner was on the bench at Watford. Some loans work, some do not. Oh I do apologise for having a different opinion.

I think his style is easier on the eye which I think can sway people. In terms of his productivity and effectiveness I don't think he's looked any better and in terms of looking more 'ready' when they step up i reckon elanga takes it.
Let's agree to disagree. And "better" wouldn't necessarily equate to "more ready" to me — I think that Amad is a better player but Elanga is better suited to adult football (Amad's physique is a huge issue). I really don't see anything special in Elanga even though I'd be happy to be proven wrong. While Amad's close control, vision and attacking intelligence is really special even though his other notable weaknesses stop him from showing them off consistently at the moment.

Based on what I have seen. Elanga is a good young player, but he is nothing special. He is playing far too many games at the moment, but that's not his fault. Amad being thrown under the bus by Rangers is pretty irrelevant. Only last season, James Garner was on the bench at Watford. Some loans work, some do not. Oh I do apologise for having a different opinion.
I'm not having a go at you for having a different opinion, it just grates on me when it's presented as commonly accepted: 'this shouldn't be a controversial opinion'. The fact that Amad is not getting games for Rangers while elanga is playing for us would cast that into doubt. Also, amad hasn't been chucked under the bus by Rangers. Hes just been largely anonymous for them. Check their forums.

Let's agree to disagree. And "better" wouldn't necessarily equate to "more ready" to me — I think that Amad is a better player but Elanga is better suited to adult football (Amad's physique is a huge issue).
Fair play, I get that and agree that the physicality issue is a biggie and helps elanga at this point.

Edit: it doesn't mean that Amad would definitely end up as a better player, but he is more talented.

Will be interesting to see the difference between them next season. I also rated Amad higher but Elanga has been given a lot of confidence because of his game time, even making a debut for the Sweden national team. While Amad was loaned to a club that pretty much uses him as a sub. Elanga might surpass Amad in quality even if he's a 'lesser' talent.

Let's agree to disagree. And "better" wouldn't necessarily equate to "more ready" to me — I think that Amad is a better player but Elanga is better suited to adult football (Amad's physique is a huge issue). I really don't see anything special in Elanga even though I'd be happy to be proven wrong. While Amad's close control, vision and attacking intelligence is really special even though his other notable weaknesses stop him from showing them off consistently at the moment.

I think you’ve just nailed it. Amad isn’t quite there physically although even in his cameos for us he’s shown something special with what he can do. Certainly more flashes of brilliance than we’ve seen from Elanga. It’s possible Amad won’t develop much physically and Elanga goes on to be a better player, but I’d definitely agree that Amad has more of a spark about him.

People give too much credit to performances in the reserves. It's not even conference level.

I'm not having a go at you for having a different opinion, it just grates on me when it's presented as commonly accepted: 'this shouldn't be a controversial opinion'. The fact that Amad is not getting games for Rangers while elanga is playing for us would cast that into doubt. Also, amad hasn't been chucked under the bus by Rangers. Hes just been largely anonymous for them. Check their forums.
But it shouldn't be a controversial opinion. Based on what I have seen of both players, Amad is better and a bigger talent. At the very least, it is worthy of a debate. A different manager may have loaned out Elanga and used Amad. Who is to know? Amad played really well on his debut for Rangers, scoring after a minute or two. He, like the rest of his teammates, had a poor game against Celtic. He appears to have been used as scapegoat for that performance and this is reflected in the lack of minutes he has been given since.

But it shouldn't be a controversial opinion. Based on what I have seen of both players, Amad is better and a bigger talent. At the very least, it is worthy of a debate. A different manager may have loaned out Elanga and used Amad. Who is to know? Amad played really well on his debut for Rangers, scoring after a minute or two. He, like the rest of his teammates, had a poor game against Celtic. He appears to have been used as scapegoat for that performance and this is reflected in the lack of minutes he has been given since.
Fair play. For what it's worth, I always thought Amad seemed more technically accomplished but I worry that he'll wind up going the gomes route. Really hope he lives up to the hype mind.

Surely he will disappear once Ralf has gone.

Amad is 10x the player Elanga is.

In what world? he started next to no games in Italy and can barely make the Rangers bench I just don't see it.